Five Days - BBC One - Starts Tues 23 Jan

James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else excited about this? I certainly am and as I rate Hugh Bonneville as an actor and I hope this show will be great. The BBC are hyping it up to be the British version of 24, so they have a lot to live up to!

http://imdb.com/title/tt0840094/

Its on next Tues, Wed and Thurs on BBC1 at 9pm and I think the next week its on at Tues and Thursday at 9pm. Is that correct?

Comments

• FD&HFD&H Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    Its on next Tues, Wed and Thurs on BBC1 at 9pm and I think the next week its on at Tues and Thursday at 9pm. Is that correct?

Correctomundo. :)
  • James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FD&H wrote:
    Correctomundo. :)

Good, I hope it gets OK ratings, certainly better than the recent BBC drama The State Within. The recent audience figures for Waking the Dead does show that quality does find any audience, so I hope this will get okish ratings.

Im not sure the BBC are advertising it enough though tbh.
  • FD&HFD&H Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen much in the way of advertising either, but it does look very interesting.
  • rob*123*rob*123* Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    It will probably get around 6-7million and good 9pm slot on BBC.
  • philoolaphiloola Posts: 3,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • LoolabelleLoolabelle Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard on Radio 5 Live yesterday that this is a co-production between the BBC and HBO so I've got high hopes for this. Trouble is I hate it when these dramas are over consecutive nights as I find it really difficult to be able to sit down and watch so much TV day after day. I'll probably end up recording it on Sky+ then watch it when I can, which is sometimes weeks afterwards.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AThe BBC are hyping it up to be the British version of 24, so they have a lot to live up to!
    I have seen the trailers, but there nowt there (or in any other publicity material) that really suggests that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh I hadn't heard of this but the premise sounds good and the preview clip looks intriguing.
  • James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote:
    I have seen the trailers, but there nowt there (or in any other publicity material) that really suggests that.

At christmas time that was in there magazine material or it was in the radio times for programs coming on the BBC in the new year and it said that.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote:

I agree, from the promos they seem to be promoting it as a more realistic drama - perhaps more akin to last years "murder".