Options

The Last Enemy?? Has it been shelved?

James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone know what happened to the BBC thriller "The Last Enemy"?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2007/03_march/09/enemy.shtml

It had a great cast, but since this press release I have heard nothing about it.

Comments

• Options
    kr1shkr1sh Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    just caught a trailer for it before BBC1's 10pm News
    ... 'coming soon to BBC1'
  • Options
    ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep theyve been running trailers for it for the last few days - starts mid Feb.
  • Options
    river27river27 Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the Beeb website...

Starts 17th February 2008, 9pm, BBC One

:)
  • Options
    James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone like it? I missed it but Ill grab a recording if its worth it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a setting the scene episode. Quite long at an hour and a half - I'll be greatful when it goes to one hour next week. I'll keep watching.
  • Options
    greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite exciting once you'd worked out who was who, definately watching it next week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    worth watching i think, was a tad confusing (or perhaps i need an early night?!) trying to work out what's going on...i'm sure it will become clearer soon.
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    I thought there was a nice air of mystery

loved the fact Robert Carlyle was in it, and I though Benedict Cumberbatch was great.

I'll definitely watch the series
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good stuff.

Can't work out who the gooddies and the badies are. Expect a few twists and turns.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love stuff like this!

A bit of a slow burning, scene setting first episode, but I can't wait for Sunday!

:)
  • Options
    SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    What is it with modern drama on TV that make it obligatory for the male actor(s) to bare their arse?!

Seriously, EVERY drama. Its bizarre!

I had a bet with the Mrs (who has now seen more actor's bums than she has seen mine) that there will be a completely gratuitous naked man at some point in this new drama.

About 40 mins in... Bingo! Gratuitous arse!

Is it on some sort of checklist or something?! Every Drama, guaranteed! Its kind of funny and irritating at the same time.

:eek::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think in the 'situation' the bare arse makes the drama feel real.

I hate it in dramas, especially US dramas, where people leave 'situations' such as this with all of their underwear in place!!!
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scary all that survailance! To think thats where were heading aswell, with ID cards, and spot checked everywhere we go.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Robert Carlyle's character will ever speak.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bored to tears. I was so disappointed come the 60 minute mark when it didn’t end.
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed this drama. Still not sure who the good/bad guys are though.

It was worth watching just for Benedict Cumberbatch alone - he's an excellent actor... and he has a nice derriére. :D

looking forward to next week's episode. :)
  • Options
    welshblobwelshblob Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was also looking forward to this but just found it so tedious. I mean the frist 20 mins was like a double header eastenders episode where you just didn't give a toss about either of the characters. Shame that we seem to be losing the ability to make interesting dramas in this country.

Rob
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Thought the first half an hour was a bit slow, but liked it when it got going. Sort of reminded me of an extended episode of Spooks, just a bit slower. Will stick with it next week, anything with Robert Carlyle in is worth watching IMHO :)
  • Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It kept me watching and there was lots going on.
    My one mistake was not turning it off before it shows you clips for next week.
    I hate it when I do that. :(

I hope they keep up the pace and it does'nt just drag out for weeks.
  • Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    I gave it half an hour but it was too boring to continue with plus i didnt think much of the lead actor. I think that other BBC drama the state within was much better than this.
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wanted to like it as it has such a good cast and I usually like stuff like this but just couldn't get into it at all. the first episode was far too long and I almost gave up half way through. I will watch it next week but it might be the last time.

One thing though - I was fairly in favour on ID cards (if I didn't have to pay for them) until I watched this!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it strained credulity to breaking point when he ended up in bed with his brother's widow so quickly... :eek:

And what was he typing away so busily into the T.I.A. program--surely most of it would be mouse-driven?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    sebright wrote: »
    I thought it strained credulity to breaking point when he ended up in bed with his brother's widow so quickly... :eek:
    This was the only part of the episode I thought 'strange', maybe my morals are old fashioned! Otherwise, the makings of a very enjoyable short series.
    And what was he typing away so busily into the T.I.A. program--surely most of it would be mouse-driven?
    You're not a mathematician are you! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caoimhghin wrote: »

You're not a mathematician are you! :D

T.I.A. wouldn't be designed for mathematicians--it's a surveillance programme--think about who'll be using it...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aaaaargh!! I agree with you!! :eek::eek::eek:

This is one of my pet hates with TV - people do NOT use computers in this way. Most of the time when not entering text or DOS commands, the mouse is used. On TV they tap a thousand keys to make a picture appear... give me strength...

Ok, rant over!

Good programme otherwise :)