Bring back Nancy Nancy!

Comments

• DaisyGDaisyG Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    I thought Nancy Nancy was fabulous. So glad she is on the West End stage.
  • sarahcasarahca Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was gutted when she didnt get through. She was the clear winner as far as I was concerned. So glad she's getting a good west end role.
  • JaneFinnJaneFinn Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Catnippy wrote: »
    Yes it is true Nancy Nancy will be starring in Les Mis.
    (I work with her mum so I know it is ) So pleased to hear you were all fans of Nancy and her mum is going to pass on all the nice comments that have been made.

Hey Catnippy, please do pass on our support of Nancy Nancy to her mum, or to her if poss!

Like so many others, I was wowed by her rendition of "As long as he needs me" - I was blubbing like a baby, it was so moving and real. When I think of all those others who were put through who clearly couldn't be Nancy on the West End, it makes me very cross. I wanted to swich the TV off in disgust when John Barrowman tapped her on the shoulder! And Graham Norton was really surprised, you could tell.

Nancy, we wish you well and tons of success. It's their loss (and ours) that you can't be Nancy this time. Maybe you will be in the future. And if you really are to be Eponine- then congrats! I'll look forward to coming to see you in Les Mis!
  • JaneFinnJaneFinn Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    To those of you who have mentioned you think the judges have already decided who they want - who do you mean??! I'm intrigued!
    I hope not Francesca.... She may be a professional but her diction is all woolly and indistinct, and I don't particularly like watching her.... What does anyone else think?
  • rosieeeerosieeee Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was so shocked when John tapped her on the shoulder - to my mind she was one of the main contenders! Glad she has gone on to something better though
  • dbrosedbrose Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recognised her straight away and thought she was perfect for the role and was gutted when she was tapped on the shoulder.

I saw her in the Manchester Opera House in Never Forget. She was brilliant in it and she is on the DVD as well as the Original Cast Recording.

What I don;t understand is why she hasn't stayed on as lead role when it hits the West End in just under two months.

Check out this....
  • holly_oaholly_oa Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nancy Nancy was robbed in my opinion. She was just perfect for the role.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    She was lovely and I that many of the girls selected are going to have real problems carrying off a believable cockney accent.
  • DevoteeDevotee Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,582
    Forum Member
    Devotee wrote: »

Reminds us that she moved two of the judges to tears too which hardly fitted being thrown out in the next show. There are very few people left who could move me anywhere near to tears for the right reasons, a few I could fall asleep watching and I still can't see how anyone sings that much better.

It was either a cras decision or there was a reason related to another position or she is out so someone else won't be beaten by a better actress with better East end Street cred. Given how they got rid of the actresses and people who might put in a one-off final winning performance in Maria before the final, they may have gone one better and cut the opposition out before they started this time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really surprised, I thought she was one of the best from the bits they showed in the first show.

When Graham Norton said 'I'm really surprised' she smiled and said 'Are you? I'm not!' so from that I took it either she'd upset one of the judges or had some other reason for suspecting she wasn't going to get through.
  • acertreeacertree Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its clearly fixed for Samantha or Rachel to win. Just watch over the next few weeks as the BBC do their usual Fame Academy trick.
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was so cruel last night, in fact the show is getting more sadastic every week. All the girls have such good voices, its a shame to have to choose between them, the judges are so flipant with their remarks sometimes.

The wrong girl was voted out last night, she brought tears to my eyes when she sang. I do like Samantha though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flowerpowa wrote: »
    I thought it was so cruel last night, in fact the show is getting more sadastic every week. All the girls have such good voices, its a shame to have to choose between them, the judges are so flipant with their remarks sometimes.

The wrong girl was voted out last night, she brought tears to my eyes when she sang. I do like Samantha though.

Sorry to say I disagree, Whilst watching the show I didn't think she would get passed the first week, and that was prior to judges comments. She just wasn't as good as the others.

What I think people forget with this show compared to X Factor is that they are looking for someone to go on Stage and perform for a long time. Not someone who might be a flash in the pan relying on sales figures.

The reason there are so many professionals going for the role is not to make it unfair on Miss Jane Doe on the street but because they have actually worked (probably a lot harder) to get a lead role in the West End. All of a sudden Oliver comes up and they want the role it is just unfortunate for them that the "Auditions" will be televised.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acertree wrote: »
    Its clearly fixed for Samantha or Rachel to win. Just watch over the next few weeks as the BBC do their usual Fame Academy trick.

If they are the best for the role then so be it. Why should it be "the BBC doing their usualy trick", they don't care as long as they get veiwing figures and money from the calls. The person this affects is Cameron Macintosh who should be allowed to have a West End savvy person take the roll. Once the competition is over BBC have nothing to do with it, they don't care if the show falls flat on its arse.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see the auditions so know nothing of Nancy Nancy - but why, when the series is only one week old, are we already discussing conspiracy theories.

Do those who make this allegation plan to be manipulated?
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Like everyone else, I was gobsmacked that she didn't get further than she did. So was everyone I know who saw the first show. I had her pegged as the overall winner, in much the same way as Connie and Lee seemed like they were going to win right from their first appearance.

I was also surprised that Nancy Nancy didn't feature more prominently in the Nancy School episode, particularly after she'd been given the full treatment the week earlier. Her, Blackpool Loud Nancy, Irish Curly-Haired Nancy and Cleopatra were the 'stars'.

So why reduce her visibility? Did they think we'd just forget the girl who made everyone cry when she sang, looked like a Nancy AND who had such a moving backstory? Well duh. Either she didn't perform well in Nancy school for whatever reason and the producers were sparing themselves the embarrassment of having promoted her so highly or they found their preferred finalists and needed the 'people's Nancy' eliminating.

Well done to her for landing the gig in Les Mis. Although that bit of news does leave a bit of egg on the IAD judges faces. :D
  • WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member

Well done to her for landing the gig in Les Mis. Although that bit of news does leave a bit of egg on the IAD judges faces. :D

Not if she was lined up for Eponine and that is why she was let go. Don't forget Cameron Mackintosh's involvement with both Les Miz and IAD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    WillowFae wrote: »
    Not if she was lined up for Eponine and that is why she was let go. Don't forget Cameron Mackintosh's involvement with both Les Miz and IAD.

Once again, she was not lined up for eponine, she was soooo very upset when she was cut, and the Les Mis auditions happened after Nancy School. Anyways in this business there are always auditions around the corner, so she could have had several auditions to go to after NAncy School.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once again, she was not lined up for eponine, she was soooo very upset when she was cut, and the Les Mis auditions happened after Nancy School. Anyways in this business there are always auditions around the corner, so she could have had several auditions to go to after NAncy School.
    It also leaves egg on no ones face, Nancy is not Eponine. If anything her getting that part shows why she was unsuitable for Nancy, there are a few actors that could play both parts but I don't think she was one of them.
    Forum Member

Of course she could, and I didn't know what had happened, I was only surmising. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. A lot of people post conjecture on DS.
    Forum Member
    WillowFae wrote: »
    Of course she could, and I didn't know what had happened, I was only surmising. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. A lot of people post conjecture on DS.

Sorry guys, but you keep using my quote about whether she knew about her Les Mis part during Nancy School or not, for your comments on whether she was right for the either part or not, doesn't really make sense, did you mean to quote someone else:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry guys, but you keep using my quote about whether she knew about her Les Mis part during Nancy School or not, for your comments on whether she was right for the either part or not, doesn't really make sense, did you mean to quote someone else:confused:
    Sorry think that was my fault i was just carrying on the string of conversation which started with saying it leaves egg on the judges faces.
    Forum Member
    whip wrote: »
    Sorry think that was my fault i was just carrying on the string of conversation which started with saying it leaves egg on the judges faces.

No worries, just checking if I was being misunderstood in someway,:cool::)

Thanks
    Forum Member

:confused: I quoted Scarlett O'Hara, not you.