Whats your most memorable, weirdest, saddest Digital Spy Thread?

Comments

• SochaSocha Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Chubbler wrote: »

What a strangely addictive thread..... I had to force myself to stop reading it.... and quickly skipped through it... :D

What always amazes me on these old threads is the huge number of banned members.... Is everyone really behaving that bad?

Oh and the OP must have been having a right old laugh....
  • SuperUnleadedSuperUnleaded Posts: 3,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that paedo thread was pretty weird stuff to read (the one with the bloke hinting at a past convinction and wanting to be forgiven, etc.)

Sadder still were the posts that tried to defend him, or say that he deserved a second chance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This one's great, had me in stitches;
    Someone has taken a dump in our garden:D
  • semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the RG CABLE PULL thingy one

with the mad female neighbor of our fellow ds member
  • wur86wur86 Posts: 10,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most memorable for me was a thread that I started last year, asking for some advice on how to handle a situation with my dad dying - - I was amazed at the amount of good advice that I got, as well as the messages of support, and have no doubt that I wouldn't have coped as well if it hadn't been for the help in that thread.

After a search, here it is

I won't forget the help that I was given by the good people of DS, and hope to be around here for a good while to try and pay some of that kindness back. :)
    I remember this. I hope you are well.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gems19810 wrote: »
    This one:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=638234&highlight=dog+poo+small+piece

Accidental eating of a small piece of dog poo - hilarious!

OOhhhh and the poo in the garden thread :D

edit - lostinlost2 got in ahead of me !
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss Joe Flanigan :(

Where'd he go?
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chat With Other Christians is the definitive thread.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    PamelaL wrote: »
    I guess it was because the first post described a convoluted and intricate way of remembering TV channels and then the reply was so straightforward and simple. :D:o

The 'TV Channels' thread is one of the best ever..........:D
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    You've missed the funniest one of all, called "My home colonic irrigation kit arrived today", with the guy trying it out and reporting back as he went along...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=766327&highlight=colonic
    now that was a thread

a very entertaining night indeed:D
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone remember the poster from a year or two ago who used to post surreal flights of fancy...........

A lot of people seemed to get fed up of him, but I enjoyed 'em..........:o

Used to post on GD and BB..........

Can't remember his name...........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    semiminted wrote: »
    the RG CABLE PULL thingy one

with the mad female neighbor of our fellow ds member
    ...I remember that ...she was having some kind of thing with the cableman :D

What is a "RG11 repull?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=152401
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most memorable threads are mine :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    I miss Joe Flanigan :(

Where'd he go?

Inactive member, so banned, so therefore some bore probably reported him :D
    Forum Member
    My favourite thread was one last year (perhaps by Playbytherules - but not totally sure)....about "Having just been jostled" and a man outside with his Tool belt/box :D
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a brief thread that got deleted in which a few of us, fed up with all the 'we hate' type of threads that usually rip female celebs to shreds, started one in which we posted about how we hated Miss Piggy, and other various fictional characters, basicly a parody of the hate threads. It was hilarious while it lasted.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lfcred wrote: »

I loved his thread where he thought he was ugly so he posted a pic which showed his home decor :D

And this one http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=961768&highlight=joe_flanigan22
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

poor old Joe, I wonder if that's 3 strikes for him.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    This one - ''HELP, anyone got or know of a downstairs bathroom, that is now being used to store different types of tea,?'' - by 'raymogs' was my most memorable. (Can't do links :o)

Also, the FM who posted a photo of himself and asked 'How tall do I look in this photo?' :D
    Forum Member
    I loved his thread where he thought he was ugly so he posted a pic which showed his home decor :D

And this one http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=961768&highlight=joe_flanigan22

Hmm, maybe that was the one that got him banned then? I havent clicked his link etc but assume from comments made there was more to it :eek:
    poor old Joe, I wonder if that's 3 strikes for him.

I think so yes, he does appear to have been banned for a good while now, so a perm ban it seems, poor Joe :D
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    The thread by the guy who had stolen his flatmates knickers which was closely followed by one from someone whose knickers had been stoledn yet they were adamant the 2 threads were not related.
    here they both are: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=911190&highlight=knickers

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=912007&highlight=knickers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, maybe that was the one that got him banned then? I havent clicked his link etc but assume from comments made there was more to it :eek:

Had I better take the link off? :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,526
    Forum Member
    Aww I love all these threads that people are linking to- they're so funny! :D I did like the one where Joe posted his picture to ask if he was ugly or not and everyone was just horrified at his interior decor! That was funny! I miss Joe's threads.
    Forum Member
    Had I better take the link off? :o

I only read the posts on the link, I did not click his link.

I don't think you have to remove it. But like I say I was just going off some of the replies to him :eek:
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,888
    Forum Member
    For me the weirdest would have to be when a poster (Molly someone) was banish'ed from the Kingdom of DS after it was revealed she had two accounts on here. She got caught out because she had created a thread and replied to herself..... only forgot to switch accounts :D:D..... unfortunately for her, some hawk eyed DS'er spotted the mistake and quoted it in another post. :D:D Of course it all kicked off and the next thing she had been banned. Loads of posts then appeared in GD, a mixture of shock, horror and anger because Molly had been a very popular poster on here. Many of us refused to believe she'd pulled such a stunt, but someone raked some muck up through google and soon after the thread was locked/deleted. :eek: It was just so weird though.... why she'd done it in the first place, and then how so many posters got lairy about it. :D

Funniest?? I have a saved folder of my favourite funnies :D I guess the ones which immediately spring to mind are the discussions about Mooncups, someone claiming to have had a dump in a pringles tube and the "I turn to Christ" threads :D

Think my saddest one was a discussion about suicide which was in GD a couple of days after Christmas.