Vpn

dave clarkedave clarke Posts: 1,037
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can anyone recomend a VPN for primarily android tablet ,it is to watch TV in Spain as its impossible to get satellite there in my caravan.I deally I'd like to pay for a month at a time then stop it when Im home.Seen lots in dollars but onre in UK would be better even if it cost a little more.And very simple step by step idiots guide to installation would be good
Many thanks for any help

Comments

• psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could try a free one, but they can get congested at times.
    http://www.vpngate.net/en/
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.privateinternetaccess.com is good. They charge in dollars but it works out pretty cheap, and there's virtually no loss of download speed (at least on their London server).

They provide a set up guide too, although it's pretty easy on Android.
  • DingerDinger Posts: 2,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take a look at Tunnelbear They're a Canadian company. For a free account you get 500mb a month and you can add 1GB extra for free once a month by tweeting I've been using them for a few weeks and its been flawless. They have apps for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android as well as a browser plugin for Chrome. I had to contact tech support by email, took about 24 hours to respond but they were super helpful and friendly. Highly recommended.
  • oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The free VPNs can be hit or miss, and based on hola, may not be as secure as you would like.

I would go for a paid service. VPNUK is pretty good. Unlikely the free ones, it has servers in many countries including Spain. You are not tied to a contract and can stop and start. A 2 user account is only £6 a month, and they give good telephone support. It is easy to change to other servers eg if you want the Aussie Netflix, connect to an Aussie server.

I have rarely had any problems. Occasionally a server might be down, but it so easy to switch. See
    https://www.vpnuk.net/mobile/index.html

You can set up a PayPal subscription which is easy to stop and start and does not expose your credit card details to them etc.

It is dead simple to set up on android and they provide super guides.

No limits either on how much you download - can easily run into gigabytes etc.

Another option is to buy an IPTV system eg
    http://www.storesatellite.com
    OK not the cheapest c. £10 per month plus initial cost of box. I got fed up connecting PCs etc to my TV even using Chromecast etc, and bought one of these. My wife uses it all the time - its just like connecting a free view box. You get a proper remote control etc.
    A Rolls Royce solution but really good.
  • dave clarkedave clarke Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everybody I was looking at a paid one,tunnel bear give 500mb free then you have to bring in friends,happy to pay to get it I like Paypal idea as well,I'll check them out tomorrow,much appreciate all the input
  • ssrssr Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I have been testing Avast Secureline VPN on my Galaxy tab s for one week and found it excellent.
    To coninue use it is £14.99 for one year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have signed up to UKVPN and set up on my tablet,I wondered if Oilman could help with a couple of points.There is a list of a 100 UK servers that I can see but I cant see how to choose the server I want,I click on view and it gives me the details but I cant see any way to select.Also is there any way to check that it is working as I'd rather sort any problems out in this country,although there is a Spanish helpline they might not have good English.
    Many thanks for the suggestion it seems ideal for what I want.
    Also if I used a US server would it allow me to watch US Netflix.(Afterthought :-) )
  • Ned_SeagoonNed_Seagoon Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I used Cyber Ghost (Free) on Mrs Seagoon's Samsung Galaxy Tab S and was able to watch the England vs Ireland Rugby Match whilst in Goa, India earlier in the year.

I was also able to view Sky Sports for which I'm subscribed in UK. Without the VPN I wasn't able to view.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :kitty:
    I have signed up to UKVPN and set up on my tablet,I wondered if Oilman could help with a couple of points.There is a list of a 100 UK servers that I can see but I cant see how to choose the server I want,I click on view and it gives me the details but I cant see any way to select.Also is there any way to check that it is working as I'd rather sort any problems out in this country,although there is a Spanish helpline they might not have good English.
    Many thanks for the suggestion it seems ideal for what I want.
    Also if I used a US server would it allow me to watch US Netflix.(Afterthought :-) )

Got to vpnuk homepage.

At top you will see a link called client login - login with your uid and password.

On left you will see a link Servers IP and switching. Click on this.

Scroll down to Spanish servers and click on view link to right.
    This brings up the server ip and its dns server name which is what you need. You normally only needs dns name, but occasionally (rare) you have to use IP adress instead.
    Re telephone - just call uk support, or use Chat facility.

Site has guides on how to to setup pc, android etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably sounding stupid but once I have clicked on view and opened the info panel what do I do next,nothing I click on seems to do anything:blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Need to enter server details on your android. Use dns details.

(settings more vpn)
    see guide below.

Server 1
    IP - 95.215.63.142
    DNS - shared1-es.vpnuk.net

Server 2
    shared2-es.vpnuk.net

Server 3
    shared3-es.vpnuk.net

Select pptp option from guide:

https://www.vpnuk.net/mobile/setup-android.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Check out the details of PureVPN
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mic_Justin wrote: »
    Check out the details of PureVPN
    Bit late, OP has already signed up for VPNUK if you had bothered to read this short thread !