Options

The Great British Bores.

Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
Forum Member
hopefully as time goes on i hope we see abit more from the UK housemates.
we have seen Natasha and James.
and i see Potential in Gail and Sherrie (though i was expecting sherrie to pipe up alot more than she has)
however the rest are pretty useless, Burnside thinks its a retirement home. And Chloe and Stevie are utterly abysmal signings. I actually hope they are first out, i am sure they will be nominated as they dont appear to be integrating. instead just whispering sweet nothings in every corner of the house

Comments

• Options
    Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    Yes, we've seen enough of Natasha and James, and they don't entertain me one bit.

Davro is ok tho, he is winding up the American's a bit, which is always good. :D
  • Options
    HeatherbellHeatherbell Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    They are awful . I'm very disappointed .
    Sheree, invisible .
    Gail, a drudge catering to JD .
    Chris, barely there .
    Bobby , HUGE disappointment . I expected some fireworks from him .
    Natasha, well we know she's there from her singing and from her taunting Farrah , but that's it .
    Stevie and Chloe . Oh gimme a break. Sex or non sex, who cares .
    James, pretty boy shit stirrer . Otherwise dull .

Is that it ? :confused: They need to give their heads a good wobble and start showing some bulldog spirit to match the American true grit .
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the great british bore offs :D
  • Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are awful . I'm very disappointed .
    Sheree, invisible .
    Gail, a drudge catering to JD .
    Chris, barely there .
    Bobby , HUGE disappointment . I expected some fireworks from him .
    Natasha, well we know she's there from her singing and from her taunting Farrah , but that's it .
    Stevie and Chloe . Oh gimme a break. Sex or non sex, who cares .
    James, pretty boy shit stirrer . Otherwise dull .

Is that it ? :confused: They need to give their heads a good wobble and start showing some bulldog spirit to match the American true grit .
    Bobby has been on many reality shows and he will bring nothing to this show.
  • Options
    MistyEyes321MistyEyes321 Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbeez1 wrote: »
    the great british bore offs :D

True so far & I don't expect that to change anytime during this series!
  • Options
    loopylunaloopyluna Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I agree the USA team are earning their fees the Brits are invisible.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Meh... it always seems like everyone here is ridiculously biased towards the US housemates. I get the feeling UK housemates wouldn't go down quite so well on a US show. They'd all be too busy doing their "USA... USA" chants.
  • Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    I suspect its an America to win this year...Mr Watson.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's far too early to say this, I think. We've no idea what the UK housemates are talking about.

There's every chance their conversations might be more dynamic than:

'Bitch said...... like..... umm...... you go girl........... uh no she di'int............ like....... um...... f**K you bitch......'

I give Janice a pass for noting - quite beautifully - that Jenna's response to the great celery scandal was 'terse'. :D You gotta love Janice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's far too early to say this, I think. We've no idea what the UK housemates are talking about.

There's every chance their conversations might be more dynamic than:

'Bitch said...... like..... umm...... you go girl........... uh no she di'int............ like....... um...... f**K you bitch......'

I give Janice a pass for noting - quite beautifully - that Jenna's response to the great celery scandal was 'terse'. :D You gotta love Janice.

I just think there's rarely any depth to the US housemates. They swan around thinking they're above everything and everyone, constantly misunderstand things that are relatively simple, and consistently fail to show any real sense of humour or self deprecation, and boy, do they take themselves seriously!

Even if they were only a two-bit actor in some crappy 80's series (or whatever they've done), they will let you know in no uncertain terms, just how important they think they are, and with no hint of humour or irony either. Probably the result of a life of being surrounded by mindless sycophants, catering to their every whim!

The US housemates they have on BB... I'm not saying they are representative, but they just aren't my type of people at all. They all think they're above it, but come on- you're on big brother! You're hardly going to be a-list! I think that's why we so often see the US housemates clashing with each other, because they're all such big ego's, with this huge sense of entitlement that just isn't earned at all. It's like they all have a big chip on their shoulders, and all these issues floating around from their last session in rehab.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    I just think there's rarely any depth to the US housemates. They swan around thinking they're above everything and everyone, constantly misunderstand things that are relatively simple, and consistently fail to show any real sense of humour or self deprecation, and boy, do they take themselves seriously! Even if they were only a two-bit actor in some crappy 80's series (or whatever they've done), they will let you know in no uncertain terms, just how important they think they are, and with no hint of humour or irony either. Probably the result of a life of being surrounded by mindless sycophants, catering to their every whim!

The US housemates they have on BB... I'm not saying they are representative, but they just aren't my type of people at all. They all think they're above it, but come on- you're on big brother! You're hardly going to be a-list! I think that's why we so often see the US housemates clashing with each other, because they're all such big ego's, with this huge sense of entitlement that just isn't earned at all. It's like they all have a big chip on their shoulders, and all these issues floating around from their last session in rehab.

I agree with a lot of that; though hms like Michael Madsen and Gary Busey entertained me quite sufficiently.

I think there's also a self-deprecation that's almost de rigeur in Britain; though it's, by definition, quite fake. For example, Rylan the 'hero' versus Speidi. I found that all a bit sick-making. I think Rylan's every bit as up his arse as many of the US hms; he just knows that playing to the gallery required a large dollop of self-deprecation and false modesty.

The Americans don't do false modesty - at least on BB/CBB. It can be refreshing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    And the U.S. Do not get irony, as above they think more of a sense of entitlement , which the UK does not do...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree with a lot of that; though hms like Michael Madsen and Gary Busey entertained me quite sufficiently.

I think there's also a self-deprecation that's almost de rigeur in Britain; though it's, by definition, quite fake. For example, Rylan the 'hero' versus Speidi. I found that all a bit sick-making. I think Rylan's every bit as up his arse as many of the US hms; he just knows that playing to the gallery required a large dollop of self-deprecation and false modesty.

The Americans don't do false modesty - at least on BB/CBB. It can be refreshing.

You know, I still prefer that. If you're up your arse, but have some self deprecation, I call that charm :p Maybe not in all cases, but it's still preferable, in general to me. I always ask- could I live with them? I mean I look at who entertains me too of course, but I also think about how much I'd like them if I were there.

I can put up with a cocky person if they have some wit or self deprecation about them- not just this sort of solid brick wall of ego that a lot of the Americans seem to have.

Lets face it though, most of the people who go on this show now are vomit inducing in some way, it's just sorting out who makes you want to chuck your guts up the least!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    You know, I still prefer that. If you're up your arse, but have some self deprecation, I call that charm :p Maybe not in all cases, but it's still preferable, in general to me. I always ask- could I live with them? I mean I look at who entertains me too of course, but I also think about how much I'd like them if I were there.

I can put up with a cocky person if they have some wit or self deprecation about them- not just this sort of solid brick wall of ego that a lot of the Americans seem to have.

Lets face it though, most of the people who go on this show now are vomit inducing in some way, it's just sorting out who makes you want to chuck your guts up the least!

Listen - I'm Irish, we've turned inferiority complexes into an art form (and a thriving tourism industry ;-)). We're genetically programmed to break out in rashes at demonstrations of CONFIDENCE. But I like watching it all the same. I think it is often a 'wall' with the US BB hms. It's almost translucently protective, and makes me feel kind of protective of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Listen - I'm Irish, we've turned inferiority complexes into an art form (and a thriving tourism industry ;-)). We're genetically programmed to break out in rashes at demonstrations of CONFIDENCE. But I like watching it all the same. I think it is often a 'wall' with the US BB hms. It's almost translucently protective, and makes me feel kind of protective of them.

Well, I'm half Irish, and my Grandma (who has now lived in England for most of her life) will still get into a massive argument with anyone who even slightly dares to suggest Ireland isn't the greatest country on Earth :p I'll only compliment it now, and hope she gets round to going back some day.

As for the rest, fair enough! I wouldn't claim to fully understand it. I used to analyse things when I was younger, now I just take things more on face value, it gets a lot simpler that way :p I'm basically thinking- do I like such and such a person based on how they are acting right now?

In the case of people like Janice and some of the other US housemates, I'd say that's a no. That doesn't mean there's nothing to like about her/them, but overall I'm not a fan right now. My opinion changes quite easily though, I'm not one of those people who rigidly sticks to one opinion, no matter what- maybe Janice will do something to redeem herself.
  • Options
    icefallicefall Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    Give them a chance its only been a few days, the Brits are slow burners thats all
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at least our bores are quieter :p

Yanks - bores + loud = irritating :cool:
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it the Brits fault if all BB seems to want to show is constant rows?
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    All I see is a load of shrieking divas, that's not entertainment .