Ipad mini

victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, whoever I open a new page on the net it always opens at the bottom. Is there a way so that it always opens from the top?

Comments

• treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You may have to be more specific to get an answer.

Are you saying that when you open a web page, you see the bottom of the page as opposed to the top?
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, if I am on a site with more than one page. After reading I click onto the next one and find I am at the bottom so have to scroll back up to the top to continue where I left off from the proceeding page.
  • testcardtestcard Posts: 8,202
    Forum Member
    Can you provide a link to a website where this is happening?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all sights, from Amazon to this one
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    victor mel wrote: »
    Yes, if I am on a site with more than one page. After reading I click onto the next one and find I am at the bottom so have to scroll back up to the top to continue where I left off from the proceeding page.

More than one page???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    More than one page???

Yes that's right.
    Forum Member
    So if you're viewing a long thread on DS, and you're at the bottom of page 7 for example, you then click on the page 8 link, the new page opens at the bottom of the page and not the top?
    With most Apple products, rebooting by holding down both the sleep and home buttons until the apple logo appears fixes theses kind of glitches.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have to scroll to get to the top. Just tap the very top of the screen - you may need to do this twice.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    testcard wrote: »
    So if you're viewing a long thread on DS, and you're at the bottom of page 7 for example, you then click on the page 8 link, the new page opens at the bottom of the page and not the top?
    With most Apple products, rebooting by holding down both the sleep and home buttons until the apple logo appears fixes theses kind of glitches.

I'd also suggest closing Safari in the app switcher and as a last resort clearing browsing history in safari settings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming that you are using Safari, do you have an ad blocker installed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Using Opera
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Using Opera

Only 12 posts before we get this vital piece of information! :o

Does it do it in Safari? No? Then it's an Opera problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes. It's like 20 bloody questions.
    Forum Member
    Problem solved - thread closed ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Frog only asked for this info in post 11. I never use Safari it's too flacky especially this site. To be honest I am in the market for a grown up tablet as the iPad is toy town.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Frog only asked for this info in post 11. I never use Safari it's too flacky especially this site. To be honest I am in the market for a grown up tablet as the iPad is toy town.

LOL The iPad is certainly not 'toy town' sounds more like a user problem :D
    Forum Member
    Safari is only "flacky" because of the ads. Install a decent ad blocker. Define "grown up".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    testcard wrote: »
    Safari is only "flacky" because of the ads. Install a decent ad blocker. Define "grown up".

Good question. The iPad may not be to everybody's liking but imo, it's the most grown up tablet on the market.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safari crashes when it gets low Ram. It seems to be just a feature of the memory management system, and why some sites crash more than most.

That is likely what crashsafari.com is doing, filling the Ram so tat Safari crashes.
    If you use an adblocker, obviously you get more joy from the low memory resource made availlable, at least on regular sites.

IOS is a mobile operating system, and is simply not designed for full blown PC like experience for web sites. Android is similar but is certainly closer to how a normal PC works.
    Chrome works on lower Ram by giving a compressed image data saving option.

If that option is on IOS Chrome, you had best tick it.