Doctor Who Fans (Part Ian)

Comments

• lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched Torchwood episode 1 over lunch today. I liked it even more than previously! The acting is superb, I really like Bill Pullman (how creepy). I also like Rex, because he is actually a believable character (considering that he had been pretty fatally injured). The story is fascinating. What happens if nobody on Earth could die. Well chaos would break out. We would enter wars for food (although of course nobody would die if they couldn't get any food).

Intriguing how Jack reacts to his injuries, there was some fear there. Of course you can complain about your inability to die, but what happens when you are afraid that you now might die again. Gwen was brilliant in the scene in the hospital. That's how I would feel, and she expressed it beautifully. Last week I thought Miracle Day might not be as good as COE. This week, I'm not sure anymore. Really looking forward to the rest of it.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    I watched Torchwood episode 1 over lunch today. I liked it even more than previously! The acting is superb, I really like Bill Pullman (how creepy). I also like Rex, because he is actually a believable character (considering that he had been pretty fatally injured). The story is fascinating. What happens if nobody on Earth could die. Well chaos would break out. We would enter wars for food (although of course nobody would die if they couldn't get any food).

Intriguing how Jack reacts to his injuries, there was some fear there. Of course you can complain about your inability to die, but what happens when you are afraid that you now might die again. Gwen was brilliant in the scene in the hospital. That's how I would feel, and she expressed it beautifully. Last week I thought Miracle Day might not be as good as COE. This week, I'm not sure anymore. Really looking forward to the rest of it.:)

Me too Lach having seen ep 2 I'm really looking forward to ep 3 and not just for a naked Jack ;):rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tumpy wrote: »
    Me too Lach having seen ep 2 I'm really looking forward to ep 3 and not just for a naked Jack ;):rolleyes:

Well, hello sailor (I don't mean Bruce:o). I might have to watch episode 2 online.... :o

I actually had a crush on Bill Pullman (yes he was in http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094012/):D:D, he is really scared.
  • Bruce WayneBruce Wayne Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Well, hello sailor (I don't mean Bruce:o). I might have to watch episode 2 online.... :o

I actually had a crush on Bill Pullman (yes he was in http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094012/):D:D, he is really scared.

Your link is dead
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • BobbyMaloneBobbyMalone Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *unpacks suitcase*
    Think I'll stay in here from now on and hope some of the decent posters like Muttley and Wizzywoxk come back.
  • outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    A company called Big Chief will be producing a range of 13" figures and here's a tease of their Matt Smith figure. Obviously, that's a prototype so I don't know how close to the production figure it is but it looks impressive. It'll probably cost an arm and a leg but I quite fancy a few deluxe figures (those Tonner ones were sickeningly sweet) and they're planning on releasing all of the Doctors. Amy's in wave one, too, which should please a few people. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    outside wrote: »
    A company called Big Chief will be producing a range of 13" figures and here's a tease of their Matt Smith figure. Obviously, that's a prototype so I don't know how close to the production figure it is but it looks impressive. It'll probably cost an arm and a leg but I quite fancy a few deluxe figures (those Tonner ones were sickeningly sweet) and they're planning on releasing all of the Doctors. Amy's in wave one, too, which should please a few people. :)

I don't own one single figure, but I saw some in a charity shop not that long ago (I should have bought them). I wonder who you are referring to with regards to people who are pleased about Amy:D.
    Forum Member
    I don't own one single figure, but I saw some in a charity shop not that long ago (I should have bought them). I wonder who you are referring to with regards to people who are pleased about Amy:D.

I kind of wish I'd never started buying the bloomin' things - I've got boxes and boxes of them. I've got a few "doublers" littered around the place but the vast majority are still sealed and gathering dust. The day before I die, I plan on ripping them all open... they'll find me surrounded by about 15 Tom Baker variants and a couple of Gelth Grannies. ;)

I dare say a few people will be pleased to have an Amy with realistic hair and accessories (bottle of Irn Bru and a poke of chips). :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I kind of wish I'd never started buying the bloomin' things - I've got boxes and boxes of them. I've got a few "doublers" littered around the place but the vast majority are still sealed and gathering dust. The day before I die, I plan on ripping them all open... they'll find me surrounded by about 15 Tom Baker variants and a couple of Gelth Grannies. ;)

I dare say a few people will be pleased to have an Amy with realistic hair and accessories (bottle of Irn Bru and a poke of chips). :)

:eek::eek: Don't you want to leave them to some Doctor Who museum??? I'm now wondering what a Gelth Granny looks like (do you think they modelled her on Granny McSmith?).

I would have thought a fried mars bar, a bottle of buckie and haggis supper whilst sitting around a plastics fire would be more appropriate for Amy Pond accessories. :D
    Forum Member
    :eek::eek: Don't you want to leave them to some Doctor Who museum???

No. I did plan on leaving them to my kids, Ian and Barbara, but I know they'll want to put me in a home when I reach 65 so stuff 'em. :mad:
    I'm now wondering what a Gelth Granny looks like (do you think they modelled her on Granny McSmith?).

It looks almost exactly like Granny McSmith! :D It even has a little "snifter" in case it gets parky.

One version also glows in the dark... which I don't think our Granny does.
    I would have thought a fried mars bar, a bottle of buckie and haggis supper whilst sitting around a plastics fire would be more appropriate for Amy Pond accessories. :D

Ha! I can see 12" Amy causing a lot of trouble when she's finally released (on general sale or from Cornton Vale). :)
  • Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    *unpacks suitcase*
    Think I'll stay in here from now on and hope some of the decent posters like Muttley and Wizzywoxk come back.

As opposed to the current posters, who are thoroughly indecent? :D

Oh, now that looks seriously impressive!

I try not to buy figures regularly as I do have a bit of a compulsion to have complete sets, but those I do have are still in boxes too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. I did plan on leaving them to my kids, Ian and Barbara, but I know they'll want to put me in a home when I reach 65 so stuff 'em. :mad:

Are we still married? If so our kids are called Ace and Turlough:mad:.
    It looks almost exactly like Granny McSmith! :D It even has a little "snifter" in case it gets parky.

I've heard different stories, Granny is almost like Chuck Norris.

Granny glows so that you don't need a lightbulb - Chuck
    Ha! I can see 12" Amy causing a lot of trouble when she's finally released (on general sale or from Cornton Vale). :)

:D
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    As opposed to the current posters, who are thoroughly indecent? :D

I try not to buy figures regularly as I do have a bit of a compulsion to have complete sets, but those I do have are still in boxes too.

:eek::eek: Oh who am I kidding:D:D
    Forum Member

Looks good, doesn't it? Remortgage the house now!

Yeah, I'm a bit compulsive, too. I've had to stay well away from those Character Building sets (although, I do have a few... :o)
    Are we still married? If so our kids are called Ace and Turlough:mad:.

We've both been married before, as well you know. I won't mention Ian and Barbara if you don't mention your kids, Elvis and Jesus. :p
    I've heard different stories, Granny is almost like Chuck Norris.

There's a thread title if ever I saw one. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So this is where all the money went to:eek:
    We've both been married before, as well you know. I won't mention Ian and Barbara if you don't mention your kids, Elvis and Jesus. :p

You got me drunk just before the birth, that's why I was consenting to this madness:cry::cry:.

Anyway, I didn't know you had been married. I thought our union was special:cry:
    There's a thread title if ever I saw one. :D

I hope Granny approves:D
    Forum Member

Yeah, I'm a bit compulsive, too. I've had to stay well away from those Character Building sets (although, I do have a few... :o)

Yes, sometime I look at things in Forbidden Planet and have to walk past without picking them up or they will take over my mind and force me to take them to the till!
    Forum Member
    Yes, sometime I look at things in Forbidden Planet and have to walk past without picking them up or they will take over my mind and force me to take them to the till!

I do give in, now and then...

:rolleyes:

...but I do tend to wonder why as I just throw them all on my pile of wonderful things. Friends, family and colleagues don't help - they buy me stuff they know I'm not going to buy myself (toothbrushes, sweets, books, t-shirts, etc.) so I end up having practically everything. :D

Forbidden Planet is a terrible place - it's not just the Doctor Who stuff which catches my eye! I can easily walk out 50 quid lighter than when I went in... It's an outrage. I blame the BBC. *shakes fist* :mad:
    Forum Member
    I do give in, now and then...

:rolleyes:

...but I do tend to wonder why as I just throw them all on my pile of wonderful things. Friends, family and colleagues don't help - they buy me stuff they know I'm not going to buy myself (toothbrushes, sweets, books, t-shirts, etc.) so I end up having practically everything. :D

Forbidden Planet is a terrible place - it's not just the Doctor Who stuff which catches my eye! I can easily walk out 50 quid lighter than when I went in... It's an outrage. I blame the BBC. *shakes fist* :mad:

Just thought - do you frequent the one in Buchanan Street?
    Forum Member
    I just found out this morning that the Torchwood plays are available on iTunes for free as a Podcast under Radio 4. Hurray! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just found out this morning that the Torchwood plays are available on iTunes for free as a Podcast under Radio 4. Hurray! :)

I need to download them as well:)
    Forum Member
    Just thought - do you frequent the one in Buchanan Street?

I do, indeed. I prefer to buy stuff online, though, because that gives me a chance to think "do I really need this?" rather than going "ooooh, shiny! I may as well have that, too! Can I put all this plastic on my plastic, my good man?" ;)
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Only my nose glows, unfortunately. :(:D;)
    Forum Member

That'll be all those Whisky Macs, girl. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are not ahttp://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/rudolph-red-nose-reindeer-3.jpglone, Granny:D
    That'll be all those Whisky Macs, girl. ;)

How rude:mad:. Everyone knows that Granny doesn't approve of that stuff. She is more sophisticated.
    Forum Member

Is that one of the reindeers from The End of Time TV idents? :D
    How rude:mad:. Everyone knows that Granny doesn't approve of that stuff. She is more sophisticated.

We are talking about the same Granny, aren't we? :confused:

;)