Doctor Who Fans (Part Ian)

Comments

• CD93CD93 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or will it be loads of posts debating the wisdom of casting x instead of y?

It always is and always will be :p With a handful of "Who?"
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    It always is and always will be :p With a handful of "Who?"

No, they're only casting a companion this time :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I see what you did there! :p If I haven't already spammed it enough, I'm very happy with this latest bit of casting speculation :D Shouldn't get my hopes up yet, though!
  • Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the story on the main page is accurate. Den of Geek ran it this morning too - came from the Sun, I think. I would rather wait for proper confirmation, though! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin may have called it in 2008. :p

Corwin wrote: »
    Not sure why you bothered putting spoilers in as this is just speculation and rumour which should not be spoilered out.

At least your sister is not best friends with the actress in question.

If they do go with someone from Emerdale for the next companion they should get Jenna Louise Coleman who my sources say is leaving the program soon.

I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment. :cool:
    Forum Member
    Corwin may have called it in 2008. :p

I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment. :cool:

That would be a good call if it turns out to be true!

I have never seen her in anything yet myself, so don't really know anything about her.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I know is whoever is cast will be attacked viciously by some sectors of fandom before they see a minute of her on screen in character...;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    All I know is whoever is cast will be attacked viciously by some sectors of fandom before they see a minute of er own screen in character...;)

+1 as always, Muttley. :) Or should I say.. :(
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I know is whoever is cast will be attacked viciously by some sectors of fandom before they see a minute of her on screen in character...;)

Exactly the kind of mass debate I would expect :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankfully the vibes for her casting seem positive up till now if it is this JLC. Let's see her in the Titanic first I'd say.

I think there'll be a few announcements, possibly more guest stars.
    There's been rumours of a big American in the opener. George Cloony ? Tom Cruise ? :)

Can you imagine the threads if Miranda Hart got a role.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HandsomeBB wrote: »
    Thankfully the vibes for her casting seem positive up till now if it is this JLC. Let's see her in the Titanic first I'd say.

There's been rumours of a big American in the opener. George Cloony ? Tom Cruise ? :)

I did notice that on twitter, the DW official twitter account seemed to indicate more than one big announcement today, so we shall see.

Anyone see the poor attempt at trolling in the companion thread.....:yawn:
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    HandsomeBB wrote: »

A few people moaning on Gallifrey Base, but mostly positive and no negative posts here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone see the poor attempt at trolling in the companion thread.....:yawn:

Yeah, thankfully not a regular contributor to DS
    Forum Member
    BBC DW Twitter account has confirmed it is indeed Jenna-Louise. Wonder if we will get any hints of back story..?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for her :) Roll on Titanic.
    Forum Member
    Good for her :) Roll on Titanic.

Yes, I haven't really seen her in anything before, so looking forward to seeing her in that!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking of Titanic, JLC was in this BTS clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PLjC-vc7L0

I don't understand all this "samey" nonsense. I really don't. Minutes after the announcement and there are those who are presuming they know everything the character will be like.
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea she even existed until today (the only person I've seen abbreviated to JLC is Justin Lee Collins!)
    Not keen on her early shows (Emmerdale and Waterloo Road), they're too 'soapy' and don't tend to produce the best actors. Titanic looks a bit more serious, although it is ITV so I'm not going to hold out too much hope.

It's not a bad thing I've not seen her before, that way I won't be able to carry over any previous opinions. Congratulations to her for getting such a competitve role :)
    Wonder if she's a DW fan?
    Forum Member
    Lowri wrote: »
    No idea she even existed until today (the only person I've seen abbreviated to JLC is Justin Lee Collins!)
    Not keen on her early shows (Emmerdale and Waterloo Road), they're too 'soapy' and don't tend to produce the best actors. Titanic looks a bit more serious, although it is ITV so I'm not going to hold out too much hope.

It's not a bad thing I've not seen her before, that way I won't be able to carry over any previous opinions. Congratulations to her for getting such a competitve role :)
    Wonder if she's a DW fan?

I always thought JLC was Justin too! :D

Various Twitter links say that she is a huge fan, her favourite companions were Billie and Karen, she auditioned with Matt and Steven Moffat said she was the only actress whom Matt had to try to keep up with. Also rumoured that she will not be from Earth - I like the thought of that!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no problem with her not being from Earth. I can't see there being a drastic change in appearance. An off-world Human, or alien race very similar to Humans.
    Steven Moffat said she was the only actress whom Matt had to try to keep up with.

Heh, that's a nice quote.
    Forum Member
    I have no problem with her not being from Earth. I can't see there being a drastic change in appearance. An off-world Human, or alien race very similar to Humans.

A casual viewer would never have know that Nyssa and Turlough were not from round these here parts!

First episode the Christmas special - what an introduction! The number of people who watch on Christmas Day and it will be her debut - lovely!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Doctor Who twitter just revealed this about Amy and Rory's departure..
    Steven "Amy & Rory will leave in a final encounter with the Weeping Angels in ep 5. Not everyone gets out alive and I mean it this time"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    Various Twitter links say that she is a huge fan, her favourite companions were Billie and Karen, she auditioned with Matt and Steven Moffat said she was the only actress whom Matt had to try to keep up with. Also rumoured that she will not be from Earth - I like the thought of that!

All good news! I like it when the actors are fans as well. It's nice to have a companion from Earth who can ask the obvious "backwards civilisation" questions that we all need answering, but it will add a nice twist if the companion is from a civilisation with proper space travel who can partly understand what the Doctor is on about!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Doctor Who twitter just revealed this about Amy and Rory's departure..
    Steven "Amy & Rory will leave in a final encounter with the Weeping Angels in ep 5. Not everyone gets out alive and I mean it this time"

Re spoiler: I'm not a massive Amy fan (although I love Rory ;)) but already I'm thinking this is going to be a real tearjerker. I've enjoyed having 2 companions, it stops the story being all about the Doctor and his companion exclusively.
    Of course, if they're just sent back in time to live to death, I'm sure the Doctor could bend some rules of time and space to pop in and say hello!
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll come in here as the other thread seems to be descending into arguments ... hardly a surprise for some on this forum.

Anyway, I know her from Emmerdale and have to say I am happy. She isn't who I was expecting at all but then I haven't really been thinking about it. Completely slipped my mind we were due an announcement till I saw someone on twitter say last night we were getting one today.

Apart from that, not much I can say about it until I actually see her in action in DW. But I look forward to finding out.

Interesting news about how they are splitting the series and glad to have definite word that we are still getting the full 14 eps (inc christmas special) even if it does go into 2013.