tv detector vans

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    can someone clear this up once and for all.could they really track tvs or were they just a bluff to get people to buy tv licenses when they saw a van in their area

Vans with equipment to detect if you are watching TV have never existed. End of.

If someone knocks on your door claiming to be from TV Licencing, you are under no obligation to speak to them or give them any information, including your name or whether you live at the property.

They will try to spout of some legal jargon to make themselves sound official but believe me they have no more authority than your local bin man.
  • webbiewebbie Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe Nigel.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,270
    Forum Member
    Vans with equipment to detect if you are watching TV have never existed. End of.

'End of' - hardly, when you are completely 100% wrong!.

If someone knocks on your door claiming to be from TV Licencing, you are under no obligation to speak to them or give them any information, including your name or whether you live at the property.

They will try to spout of some legal jargon to make themselves sound official but believe me they have no more authority than your local bin man.

At least that part of your post is factual - they have no powers at all.