Castle (UK Pace, No Spoilers Please)

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since there doesn't seem to be a thread for UK pace ..

Who saw "The Final Frontier" then?. Absolutely brilliant episode. Loved the two "in" jokes with Jonathan Frakes at the start and then Castle mentioning "that Joss Whedon show".

Thought the final scene was rather amusing as well :)

I think they're handling them as a couple perfectly - they're not obsessing over it and they're keeping the primary focus on them as partners in the crime fighting sense which is good.

Comments

• StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Since there doesn't seem to be a thread for UK pace ..

Who saw "The Final Frontier" then?. Absolutely brilliant episode. Loved the two "in" jokes with Jonathan Frakes at the start and then Castle mentioning "that Joss Whedon show".

Thought the final scene was rather amusing as well :)

I think they're handling them as a couple perfectly - they're not obsessing over it and they're keeping the primary focus on them as partners in the crime fighting sense which is good.
    I use this one

What was that show.;)

It was a great episode....but Beckett's Mask at the end.:(....Legs were stunning.

Shiny....
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You really have to watch Final Frontier 2 or 3 times to get all of the genre references.

Fantastic episode - one of my favourites. Castle is always better when they do a spoof episode rather than a serious one. There are some more good ones coming up later in the season.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There have been plenty of Firefly references in Castle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFj8eFZx-TA

Another show that does this sort of thing a lot is Leverage which was always referencing Doctor Who

http://leverage.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_Who

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUJKTPQ0vgY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM3iTPghcMQ
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    People may not know this but Nathan Fillion was also in Firefly.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Yeah I love it when Castle mentioned that Joss Whedon show!

Loved the whole episode and found myself laughing out loud quite often during it!
  • Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a very funny episode.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its just ridiculous how gorgeous beckett is and she has amazing legs that seem to go on forever. Alexis isn't bad either especially in that outfit. Loved it when castle mentioned joss whedon. would have even better if he'd have mentioned firefly. Great ep though.
    Forum Member
    Hard for me to say this...........An awful episode last with the Documentary cameras following the murder investigation of the Guy in the Band, it just didn't work for me....it was stupid.

:(
  • HorizonPeteHorizonPete Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Hard for me to say this...........An awful episode last with the Documentary cameras following the murder investigation of the Guy in the Band, it just didn't work for me....it was stupid.

I agree., couldn't understand why they did it like that.
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really? It wasn't the best ep, but I wouldn't call it awful. I was laughing constantly at all the 'trying to look good on camera' shenanigans.
    Forum Member
    claymore74 wrote: »
    Really? It wasn't the best ep, but I wouldn't call it awful. I was laughing constantly at all the 'trying to look good on camera' shenanigans.

That was really the irritating part for me, especially Capt. Gates. It was funny though when Ryan asked Espo "Your shirts really tight, did you change it?", "I spilled something"
    Forum Member
    From the worst episode last week, to one of the best this week.
    After Hours was Classic Castle at it's best.
    I really wanted Patrick Fischler to be a good guy for once.

Enjoyed the Meet the Parents Dinner too.:eek:
    Forum Member
    Certainly a good comeback this week, very strong story and episode. Mrs C and Mr B at the dinner made me chuckle.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did enjoy the episode actually. It's funny though, the documentary episode last week reminded me of the one they tried to do with Leverage and that was dire as well.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, saw that and very pleased. I know a two season pickup was rumoured so it would be nice if that actually did happen.
    Forum Member
    May have been a Christmas episode, in May....but it was still great fun with the Death of a redeeming Santa and Castle wanting a family Christmas meal....with Beckett.

Loved it.:cool:

And Esposito fight with Santa...:D
  • debscondebscon Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    May have been a Christmas episode, in May....but it was still great fun with the Death of a redeeming Santa and Castle wanting a family Christmas meal....with Beckett.

Loved it.:cool:

And Esposito fight with Santa...:D

This episode was such a complete rip off of Bones season 3 Christmas ep "Santa In The Slush" it made me cringe.

i mean come on - A Santa called Kriss Kringle, living in a grotto, working with a group of santa's and killed by one of them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    debscon wrote: »
    This episode was such a complete rip off of Bones season 3 Christmas ep "Santa In The Slush" it made me cringe.

i mean come on - A Santa called Kriss Kringle, living in a grotto, working with a group of santa's and killed by one of them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

See that quite a bit with the US shows. They all seem to copy similar ideas at some point.
    Forum Member
    debscon wrote: »

I've never watched Bones.....:)
    Forum Member
    I've never watched Bones.....:)

I did for 4 seasons but gave up with it.
  • elven62elven62 Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Is nobody watching this anymore or does everyone now download and watch US Pace!?

I'm loving this season and the nice balance of serious and light-hearted stories. Like the fact Rick and Kate's relationship is developing properly and not going down the disastrous 'Moonlighting' road.

Though last weeks first of two-parter ended on a real 'Taken' style vibe! Is Nathan Fillion going to go all Liam Neeson on us?!

Shame no-one watching..?:confused:
  • catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup, still love it, one of the best shows on the air! You are not alone:D
    Forum Member
    elven62 wrote: »
    Is nobody watching this anymore or does everyone now download and watch US Pace!?

I'm loving this season and the nice balance of serious and light-hearted stories. Like the fact Rick and Kate's relationship is developing properly and not going down the disastrous 'Moonlighting' road.

Though last weeks first of two-parter ended on a real 'Taken' style vibe! Is Nathan Fillion going to go all Liam Neeson on us?!

Shame no-one watching..?:confused:
    Watching also...but finding this season not as good as others, very average....That was up until this weeks,:eek: 'Taken' style vibe! episode, the ending on the roof, jaw dropping.
  • elven62elven62 Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Yup, still love it, one of the best shows on the air! You are not alone:D

Good :), unlike some other shows (Bones, The Mentalist etc) I fell out of love with Castle still feels fresh and enjoyable. I'm assuming there is going to be another Season as I haven't heard otherwise?

Edit! Just read post above and it's renewed :)