Options

Jose Says He'd Be At Chelsea If Roman Still Wanted Him.

Comments

• Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tip top 2 wrote: »
    You should see Mourhino for the individual he is. He has a huge ego and likes to be the centre of attention no matter what. He'll say and do anything to get attention. As you rightly said a while ago, Ranieri built the squad bar a few additions that won those trophies at Chelsea, not Mourhino. Mancini also built the squad at Inter that did so well with the exception of Eto'o.

He's practically finished as a manager, and the best thing to do with an individual who has such a high opinion of himself is ignore him. Move on. When it comes to managing any club for more than two seasons he's incompetent. Those are the facts.

Absolute cobblers!

I take it they should also remove all the trophies he filled your cabinet with seeing as the man is a complete fraud and has piggybacked on the achievements of others?

This piffle has left me speechless.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tip top 2 wrote: »
    He's practically finished as a manager, and the best thing to do with an individual who has such a high opinion of himself is ignore him. Move on. When it comes to managing any club for more than two seasons he's incompetent. Those are the facts.

Oh, I think he's good for three years at United. A couple of PL titles, while winning the Champions League once or twice with a few domestic cups thrown in. I don't think United fans will be complaining too much, they'll be able to live with that sort of failure.
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ironic thing being that most Chelsea fans have moved on, and are looking forward to seeing what Conte will do. You, Dixon and codeblue are the ones still harping on about Mourinho even though he left the club last year.

Yep, continually starting these threads and saying the same old stuff.
    I notice they are still praising Liverpool managers, past and present.
    I wonder why........well maybe there is no need to wonder.......
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ironic thing being that most Chelsea fans have moved on, and are looking forward to seeing what Conte will do. You, Dixon and codeblue are the ones still harping on about Mourinho even though he left the club last year.

Hey leave me out of this.

I don't mind commenting, but I don't start threads about it.

I'd rather have conte than Jose, what a shambles he is
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »

Yep manager of one the biggest clubs in the world and is doing very well in the transfer window.

Childish utterly childish
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He misses Chelsea bless him.

United wasn't his first love and he's emotionally wrecked after Chelsea, hard for him to recover United are just getting a shell of the old Mourinho, who was a Chelsea F.C legend.

Must be hard managing one of Chelsea's biggest rivals, especially when he returns "home" to Stamford Bridge.
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,054
    Forum Member

You might not be the one starting threads, but you certainly never pass over an opportunity to get your petty digs in on him, as you've just done again in the post above. So yes, that puts you in the same bracket as the other two.
  • Options
    yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

.... until such time as Conte and Chelsea part ways of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    Yep, continually starting these threads and saying the same old stuff.
    I notice they are still praising Liverpool managers, past and present.
    I wonder why........well maybe there is no need to wonder.......

me praising an ex liverpool manager!

Was that rafa or rodgers you are thinking i praise?
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    He misses Chelsea bless him.

United wasn't his first love and he's emotionally wrecked after Chelsea, hard for him to recover United are just getting a shell of the old Mourinho, who was a Chelsea F.C legend.

Must be hard managing one of Chelsea's biggest rivals, especially when he returns "home" to Stamford Bridge.

He's definitely passed his peak, but a bit OTT to say he's a shell of what he once was.
    I would argue that winning the title with a far from great Chelsea team two years ago, was a better achievement than winning it with a peaktime Lamps, Terry and co.
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    me praising an ex liverpool manager!

Was that rafa or rodgers you are thinking i praise?

Read what I wrote again. The first sentence is the clue.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dixon wrote: »
    Sering that he was sacked twice by Roman, but is now at the biggest club in the world, it just feels like the wrong thing to be saying. It casts a bit of doubt about where his heart really is.
    Imho, there is no need for him to say another word about leaving or being at Chelsea. Just talk about Utd and their future under him.

BIB Lol No.
    You keep repeating that, but it's just not true. Using any criteria you want, Real Madrid and Barcelona are still the two biggest clubs in the world. That may change of course, and it could change financially by next season. But they still remain the two clubs who just have to click their fingers and players/managers come running.

Exactly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    BIB Lol No.

Exactly.

Results from a 2016 survey by sportek.
    Factors - Social media follower count.
    Global TV viewership numbers.
    Shirt sales.
    Global sponsorship deals.

! - Man Utd.
    2- RM.
    3 - Barca.
    4 - Chelsea. Very impressed by that ranking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Results from a 2016 survey by sportek.
    Factors - Social media follower count.
    Global TV viewership numbers.
    Shirt sales.
    Global sponsorship deals.

! - Man Utd.
    2- RM.
    3 - Barca.
    4 - Chelsea. Very impressed by that ranking.

Well, Deloite and Forbes still put RM and Barca as the top two. But it wouldn't surprise me if United had overtook them financially in sponsorship deals etc. I'd be more surprised if they've overhauled them in shirt sales and social media following after recent seasons though.
    It doesn't alter the fact that RM and Barca remain the biggest draw for players and managers though, does it ?
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't alter the fact that RM and Barca remain the biggest draw for players and managers though, does it ?

At the moment? Perhaps.

I can see that changing over the next few years. The top managers are already in England. I'd expect the top players to follow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the moment? Perhaps.

I can see that changing over the next few years. The top managers are already in England. I'd expect the top players to follow.

If I was a top player at Barca or RM I'd become bored shitless after a few years in Spain.
    Every week in our league the players go out there knowing that if they don't show up they can get turned over home or away. There's far too many strolls in the park for Barca, RM, Bayern and PSG.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment? Perhaps.

Yes, I wouldn't argue with that. Man Utd will need to regain their old status though and start winning things domestically and in Europe (or at least getting close). With the kind of money United have available that shouldn't be too tough.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I wouldn't argue with that. Man Utd will need to regain their old status though and start winning things domestically and in Europe (or at least getting close). With the kind of money United have available that shouldn't be too tough.

It's not just United.

The money that's now on offer will dwarf what's on the table from Madrid, Barcelona and Munich. United, Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs... they should all be in the mix.

However, I agree that winning things will be a crucial element. If the English clubs continue to fail to deliver in the Champions League, then their pulling power will be reduced.

The big clubs in Europe will always have allure, but if English clubs start to dominate, as they should, then I think that it's only a matter of time before the major players head over here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was a top player at Barca or RM I'd become bored shitless after a few years in Spain.
    Every week in our league the players go out there knowing that if they don't show up they can get turned over home or away. There's far too many strolls in the park for Barca, RM, Bayern and PSG.

Yes, I bet they're really envious of the chance to play a midweek game in January away to Stoke, Middlesborough or Burnley. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just United.

The money that's now on offer will dwarf what's on the table from Madrid, Barcelona and Munich. United, Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs... they should all be in the mix.

However, I agree that winning things will be a crucial element. If the English clubs continue to fail to deliver in the Champions League, then their pulling power will be reduced.

The big clubs in Europe will always have allure, but if English clubs start to dominate, as they should, then I think that it's only a matter of time before the major players head over here.

Yes, you also have to wonder how the Chinese super league is going to fit into all this. Shandong Luneng can pay a reported £230,000 a week to Graziano Pellè. In terms of sheer wealth they have money to burn and no annoying restrictions like FFP.
    At the moment they're not attracting the very best, but if they really start flexing their financial muscles will the greedy agents be able to refuse ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I bet they're really envious of the chance to play a midweek game in January away to Stoke, Middlesborough or Burnley. :)

Plus of course decisions such as this are not only based on "football reasons". There are many reasons why someone would pick going to live in places like Madrid and Barca over places like Manchester London etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they have money to burn and no annoying restrictions like FFP.

There is no such thing as FFP now in the premier league.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    Plus of course decisions such as this are not only based on "football reasons". There are many reasons why someone would pick going to live in places like Madrid and Barca over places like Manchester London etc

I dont think can compare manchester with london

london > manchester > liverpool

as a draw for top players, based on area
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think can compare manchester with london

london > manchester > liverpool

as a draw for top players, based on area

But I not comparing Manchester to London I am comparing places like Barca and Madrid to places like Manchester and London etc , The order of the cities (in either country) in this case is not relevant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    But I not comparing Manchester to London I am comparing places like Barca and Madrid to places like Manchester and London etc , The order of the cities (in either country) in this case is not relevant

I also think london has a lot of offer over Barca and Madrid in terms of cities to live in - especially if you are a multi millionaire.