Ripper Street

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    Copper has been great enjoyed it and watched all ten episodes ...hopefully this will be good too.

I'm still hoping that a British channel gets the rights to Copper
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    Are there any female leads?

Not in a Victorian police/detective drama no.

I will give this a go but can't abide Matthew MacFadyen, hope the make up and sideburns make him unrecognisable!
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Are there any female leads?
    There are two main female characters played by MyAnna Buring and Charlene McKenna. The character pages can be read: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00wk6pq/profiles/characters
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    There are two main female characters played by MyAnna Buring and Charlene McKenna. The character pages can be read: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00wk6pq/profiles/characters

Thanks.

I wonder if they're doomed seeing as women were rare at this period of time? :D (mind you this is set after Jack the Ripper's torment).
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    probably a couple of poxy old brasses who are murdered in scene 1
  • LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Myanna Buring is popping up in all sorts these days, Poison Tree, Downton Abbey and now this. Brilliant!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    jimbo1962 wrote: »
    could be the new City Of Vice...very much looking forward to it.

Now that was some good that ITV did- loved Iain Glenn in it. Also liked Gallows Law but Alun Armstrong always seems to play the same character.

I just hope they keep the sex/plot ratio even. Loved Rome but in the second series it seemed half the scenes were people having sex.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I'm still hoping that a British channel gets the rights to Copper

I'm sure it will turn up at some stage especially as a second series has got the green light.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liparus wrote: »
    Myanna Buring is popping up in all sorts these days, Poison Tree, Downton Abbey and now this. Brilliant!

I was just going to say the same thing! Never heard of her before The Poison Tree, then a few days later I heard she was going to be in Downton Abbey, now this!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.

I wonder if they're doomed seeing as women were rare at this period of time? :D (mind you this is set after Jack the Ripper's torment).

Murdoch Mysteries, which is set in Victorian era Toronto has had two female pathologists
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    I was just going to say the same thing! Never heard of her before The Poison Tree, then a few days later I heard she was going to be in Downton Abbey, now this!

She first came to my attention in a Doctor Who episode a few years back (when Tennant was the Doctor).....very interesting custome she had also :o
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Already got it set to record the series on sky+, i've only just found out about it thanks to my mum :)
  • LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She first came to my attention in a Doctor Who episode a few years back (when Tennant was the Doctor).....very interesting custome she had also :o

I'll have to go back and check that.

I first knew of her from White Heat earlier this year.

Sometimes you get performers who are in a lot of things within a short time. I'm not complaining about miss Buring being in many things.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Evening. Anyone watching?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to give this a go .....
  • squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm giving it ago but am abit meh about it... will wait and see, but may switch over to the neil armstrong thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Ooohh Matthew Macfadyen... *swoon* :o
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just get her hid (?) what kind of English is that?? LOL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    7 minutes in and a ****.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't help but think "why hasn't that man brushed his teeth after licking her.."
  • jj2jj2 Posts: 4,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1889 is the year after the Jack the Ripper murders which where in sept- oct 1888
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Blimey, this is a little racy for a Sunday night...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand it no more. Boring.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Liparus wrote: »
    I'll have to go back and check that.

I first knew of her from White Heat earlier this year.

Sometimes you get performers who are in a lot of things within a short time. I'm not complaining about miss Buring being in many things.

Indeed - I can remember her playing Sarah Greene's daughter in an episode of Casualty a few years back, and then hearing nothing more about her until a couple of weeks ago. She now seems to be all over the place!