Xbox 360 Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: WBWJ3-JHKSK-ZHXT6-CRTJT-BW59W
    PlayStation 3 Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: WBK3B-FKWCT-KWKWB-SJWTB-XCZK3

You get 1 key!:rolleyes:
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Steve35 wrote: »

Please roll your eyes elsewhere.
    Thing is, none of this would be possible without awesome and passionate fans like you supporting us every step of the way. So while we're celebrating here, we want to give you a reason to celebrate as well -- below are some very special SHiFT codes for Borderlands 2 that'll give you five Golden Keys!
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    Just started playing the new DLC, Hammerlock, and if you're already a level 50, by golly is it hard. All my level 50 weapons just seem to bounce off most things. Gulp, this is gonna be tough!

Regards

Mark
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark A wrote: »
    Just started playing the new DLC, Hammerlock, and if you're already a level 50, by golly is it hard. All my level 50 weapons just seem to bounce off most things. Gulp, this is gonna be tough!

Regards

Mark

Where did you get your level 50 weapons from?:D
    Forum Member
    Where did you get your level 50 weapons from?:D
    By playing the game through to the end of TVH mode. Once you get to that level all the weapons becoming available in the game are all pretty much level 50.

Regards

Mark
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Think you were just unlucky.

Well, first off, cheers for that Boxx. You're a good 'un.

Second. I got 15 keys from that for some reason...?
    Only had 3 at last save, having used a few to start Hammerlock. Put in the code and now I've got 18. (on 360)

Problems I've had though.

Latest update reset my BA tokens so had to reallocate them. Not the worst I know. Some people have had their BA rank wiped completely.

A lot of my skins went missing too. At least 2 heads and 7 or 8 toon skins. ALL of my collected vehicle skins are gone and I'm stuck with the stock ones.

My Secret Stash was empited. Not the worst as I only kept sub lvl 20 stuff for new toons in there. Main bank was unaffected thankfully.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not got BL2 yet, but it follows the same formula as BL1. Essentially it is not a FPS in the conventional sense which is why some people are having issues.

Each character has strong points. For example in the first game Lilith was a whizz with SMG's and elemental effects. Using a shotgun with no elemental effect on her was not as effective as an SMG with fire effects. Find your characters strong points and gear to them.

Talking of elemental effects, certain enemies are weak or immune to differing effects. Make sure you have a weapon available for all eventualities.

Playing the game isn't enough to advance in it. You need to level your character and get better guns. Sure you might get lucky with drops and be able wing it, but random drops are random. This gives the game a more RPG or MMO feel. You can do side missions, you can re-run previous "dungeons", or you can just go out and randomly kill stuff, but you need that extra XP somehow.

As you level you get talent points which are necessary to give your character new passive abilities. These can be daunting at first and in theory there should be no right or wrong as they all buff you, but in reality you want to take some talents more than others. At max level the distribution of talents in a certain way is called a "talent build". Search online, and find the one which reflects your playstyle on your character. In BL1 I used a Firefly build for Lilith, which concentrated on elemental damage and an "in your face" playstyle.

Borderlands does require a time investment, but it is ultimetley one of the most rewarding games I am have played. I am looking forward to playing BL2 in the summer.
    Forum Member
    cat666 wrote: »
    random drops are random.
    So true.

Regards

Mark
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to playing BL2 in the summer.

Summer!!!???

Do you know there's stuff on Pandora not blowing up right now!?

'SLOPSIONS!!!!!!

TOOORRRRRGGGGGUUUEEE!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    random drops are random.

Not just random. Almost non existent for quality gear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By playing the game through to the end of TVH mode. Once you get to that level all the weapons becoming available in the game are all pretty much level 50.

Regards

Mark

Is it quicker levelling up in TVH mode?
    Forum Member
    Is it quicker levelling up in TVH mode?
    Not really, if anything it's much more of a slog. It's just that level 50 is the level you reach by the end, if you've done all you can do and gained the XP.

The trouble with the DLCs is that they can be shoe horned in at any time during the game so it has to match itself to the present level of the player. And if you happen to be maxed out at level 50 you'll get enemies at your level plus a bit more to make the game challenging.

Regards

Mark
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really, if anything it's much more of a slog. It's just that level 50 is the level you reach by the end, if you've done all you can do and gained the XP.

The trouble with the DLCs is that they can be shoe horned in at any time during the game so it has to match itself to the present level of the player. And if you happen to be maxed out at level 50 you'll get enemies at your level plus a bit more to make the game challenging.

Regards

Mark

I wanted to try it to get better weapons. Sounds like i'm better sticking to the normal game/DLC for now.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Summer!!!???

Do you know there's stuff on Pandora not blowing up right now!?

'SLOPSIONS!!!!!!

TOOORRRRRGGGGGUUUEEE!

My plan was to be part of the BL2 community from the get-go as I came in late for BL1. However Blizzard decided to launch Mists of Pandaria at the exact same time. World of Warcraft content will not be current for long, whereas with BL2, I can still enjoy it even if I play 9-12 months down the line. Plus it means I can benefit from the inevitable GOTY Steam discount once all the DLC has been released.

So as much it pained me I chose WoW over BL :(
    Forum Member
    So as much it pained me I chose WoW over BL :(
    A case of lose some, lose some?

Regards

Mark
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any tips on levelling up? I'm level 40, i've completed the game. Any areas to go back to that are good for levelling up quickly in?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scarlett and Torgue DLC done? Might still be a bit low for Hammerlock DLC.
    TVHM should be your next stop. Back to the beginning and bigger, badder enemies and more XP.
    Make sure you only do the first few optional missions, until you get to sanctuary then just concentrate on the story missions and side missions that just give XP / skins / money / eridium or green or lower gear.
    Level cap increase will be coming soon, some say March but I think mid-Feb.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A case of lose some, lose some?

Regards

Mark

I enjoy WoW but it's at the stage now that I'd love to play BL2, but buying it now is expensive, compared to the savings which will happen in the Summer. WoW will get my attention back on the next patch anyway and I have other games to play in the meantime.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any tips on levelling up? I'm level 40, i've completed the game. Any areas to go back to that are good for levelling up quickly in?

I've not played BL2, so can't give you explicit instructions but there will probably be various ways to level up once you've done with the story.

1. Do side missions.
    2. Farm high XP giving monsters.
    3. Farm for guns.

Personally I tend to want to do every mission, but if that isn't your thing then you need to decide whether you want fast levelling or decent guns. Then find the relevant best spots by looking online and get to it. I'd probably go for power levelling monsters then go get my guns.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest shift codes

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 53KJ3-CK9W5-Z5XB3-T3BJT-969KW
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5BCTT-XX6SC-ZSXJX-KFJBJ-66R5W
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CTWJJ-95F53-CKCW3-9JWJT-T5ZBB

Have fun and make some 'splosions!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Latest shift codes

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 53KJ3-CK9W5-Z5XB3-T3BJT-969KW
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5BCTT-XX6SC-ZSXJX-KFJBJ-66R5W
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CTWJJ-95F53-CKCW3-9JWJT-T5ZBB

Have fun and make some 'splosions!

Cheers! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this game but it did reach a moment when I started getting destroyed and had to level up heavily. I think the Sentry Gun is lethal - I used that and a variety of sniper rifles for the most part, I maxed out it's rounds + rockets.

Once you get to Fink's Slaughterhouse keep hammering away as you get loads of XP - you can actually save the game in Fight For Your Life mode as well so if you're about to die you can be sneaky, keep your XP gains and restart.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member

You havent really completed the game - you havent started TVHM by the sounds of it. Play that.

All my level 50 characters have side quests remaining after completing TVHM.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if these still work, but you can always try. Should get you 5 keys.

PS3: WTCJJ-XT6CJ-5WK53-HT5BJ-W6HTJ
    PC/Mac: KJW3B-BT9WC-9K6BB-BTTJ3-WTX99
    360: WJC3J-TXXSK-SSX3X-C6JJ3-3CJW5