Options

How many really sucessful and long lasting X-factor winners can you name?

davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
Forum Member
I bet the answer is not many, the only one I can think of is Leona Lewis.

Comments

• Options
    yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    davejc64 wrote: »
    I bet the answer is not many, the only one I can think of is Leona Lewis.

That whatserface, , er what's she called ....... she was singing in The Bodyguard in our local theatre recently. Alexandra Burke, that's it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yogacats wrote: »
    That whatserface, , er what's she called ....... she was singing in The Bodyguard in our local theatre recently. Alexandra Burke, that's it.

Yeah definitely whatserface she is so memorable. :D
  • Options
    fext91fext91 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    not many, sad but true xD
  • Options
    LieteLiete Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Shayne, Leona and Little Mix are the only winners to have more than one successful album.

Considering Ben's album sold about 20% of what Sam Bailey sold in her first week, I think we can add him to the mega flop list
  • Options
    PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Cowell

The X Factors only real winner, year after year, after year, after year, after year.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With the X-factor it tends to be the runners up and also rans that do better than the actual winners Olly Murs, JLS and One Direction are examples of that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Simon Cowell

The X Factors only real winner, year after year, after year, after year, after year.....

Very true.
  • Options
    rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona Lewis and Little Mix have been the most successful
  • Options
    Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cowell usually blows the budget on whoever his favourite act of the year is. Usually that isn't the winner, so they get a pittance spent on them just to fulfill the contract so they can be dropped ASAP.
  • Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little mix and Overall - Leona Lewis
  • Options
    pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    I'd say Little Mix, Leona and Shayne Ward.
  • Options
    foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its better if you DON'T win!!!
  • Options
    ShenaeBShenaeB Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Leona Lewis
    Little Mix
    Alexandra Burke.
  • Options
    HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona Lewis is the most consistent I think, although her last 2 albums and singles have been rather weak imo. She needs another "Bleeding love" I think, although unless you are the Beatles or their ilk, you are lucky if that sort of song happens to you once in a lifetime. A great voice still and my personal Favourite winner.
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strangely, The Voice has had even fewer successful winners yet ITV has paid big bucks to get it.
  • Options
    TheAngryGermanTheAngryGerman Posts: 1,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we talk successful and long term it's only really One Direction, Little Mix and Olly Murs.
    They're the only acts from the X-Factor which still do music and are not flying under the radar (sorry Leona, Matt, Joe, Shayne and co).
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Liete wrote: »
    I think Shayne, Leona and Little Mix are the only winners to have more than one successful album.

Considering Ben's album sold about 20% of what Sam Bailey sold in her first week, I think we can add him to the mega flop list

G4 from the 1st series delivered 3 albums and at present has a xmas album in the classical charts

I saw them performing last night. ...absolutely fabulous group of guys. .glad they came back together! !!
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    One direction surely :o
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    E05297535 wrote: »
    G4 from the 1st series delivered 3 albums and at present has a xmas album in the classical charts

I saw them performing last night. ...absolutely fabulous group of guys. .glad they came back together! !!

That is good news!
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    One direction surely :o

They didn't win.
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davejc64 wrote: »
    With the X-factor it tends to be the runners up and also rans that do better than the actual winners Olly Murs, JLS and One Direction are examples of that.

Which oddly correlates with the acts he spends money on. Coincidence?
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Which oddly correlates with the acts he spends money on. Coincidence?

yeah i dont know how many times we seem to go around this circle

acts dont do better BECAUSE they dont win

acts do better because cowell and SYCO decide who they are going to invest in way before the series even finishes

those acts would have had the same investment and so-called success regardless of whether they won or not

from a SYCO perspective the show is used almost like a focus group writ large, to get feedback about who might or might not be worth investing in. some acts that are possible candidates for that but clearly dont have public support are discarded whereas the ones that are seen as being popular, even if not popular enough to win the show, are the ones invested in.
  • Options
    ramraiderukramraideruk Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susan Boyle was a runner up who did well.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Susan Boyle was a runner up who did well.

different show

but her success after the show was guaranteed after her first audition and the worldwide response to it , she was even invited to go on the oprah show in the US just on the back of that audition

she could have withdrawn from the rest of BGT and still achieved what she did, so a perfect example of the point that final position on the show is irrelevant
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I'd say Leona, Little Mix and Alex (to an extent - filling theatres night after night for months is success, even if a show is popular). Having some strong success in a field in the entertainment world is hard, and I guess only those with a good team or have quality in what they do will make it.

Very few winners had that. I feel for Shayne, he did have talent. Joe has done quite well in his niche, he still tours and releases albums which sell decently given the sales climate.