Options

Chilli jam recipe?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,524
Forum Member
Anyone have a decent tried and tested recipe for chilli jam?

After having a sucess making preserved lemons for my Tagines, I thought I would have a go at this, seeing as it's so damned expensive to buy.

Any tried and tested recipes (rather than just posting links to some which I can do myself!) would be welcome.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have made a standard orange marmalade recipe but with one fresh chilli per jar. Its really nice Goes well with haggis in filo pastry
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    http://www.cottagesmallholder.com/piquant-apple-chilli-jelly-recipe-501 I made this last year and it turned out amazing (if I say so myself) I put in a couple more chilli's than the recipe called for and when bottling I put some finely chopped red chilli in the bottom of the jars while sterilising for appearance (turn the jars during cooling to keep even distribution). The red flakes through the pinkish jelly look very pretty.

If you do make this, I recommend checking out the fruit 'cheese' recipe on the same site. You use the leftover pulp to make it, so they're an efficient pair of recipes to make together.