Options

Gamecubes

2»

Comments

• Options
    heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still have mine - used for the Star Wars Rogue games everyonce in a while.

Pikmin 1& 2 also classics - the perfect balance of gameplay and graphics.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still have mine, and all 80(odd) games... even the ones re-released on Wii.

Can't bear to part with games, me. lol.

Gamecube was my console choice last gen, followed by Xbox (never bothered with PS2).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The hardware wasn't bad but it was let down by lack of vareity of software. You hoped something decent would come out for the Gamecube but it didn't. Then came the god awful cell shading for Windwalker and that was then end for me - moved straight for the Xbox and never looked back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tnt wrote: »
    Then came the god awful cell shading for Windwalker

BLASPHEMY!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monkeylord wrote: »
    BLASPHEMY!!!

I'm shocked!! TWW is my second fave zelda game, i loved the cell shading it just fitted the game perfectly, although playing it for too long over stimulated my brain.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Wind Waker is an amazing looking game, I still play it from time to time and am amazed how good it looks. It definitely has that timeless appeal. I can only imagine how good the finished product of Skyward Sword is going to look.

I actually managed to pick up the 2 disk special edition in mint condition in Gamestation for a few quid a couple of weeks back. I've owned it loads of times but was very happy to get hold of it again and this time it's going nowhere! hehe
  • Options
    SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monkeylord wrote: »
    BLASPHEMY!!!
    TheG-Man wrote: »
    I'm shocked!! TWW is my second fave zelda game, i loved the cell shading it just fitted the game perfectly, although playing it for too long over stimulated my brain.
    Wind Waker is an amazing looking game, I still play it from time to time and am amazed how good it looks. It definitely has that timeless appeal. I can only imagine how good the finished product of Skyward Sword is going to look.

I actually managed to pick up the 2 disk special edition in mint condition in Gamestation for a few quid a couple of weeks back. I've owned it loads of times but was very happy to get hold of it again and this time it's going nowhere! hehe

I actually have the two disc edition too :):) What was the second disc again? Another Zelda game but I can't remember which one :S

I agree with all these lol. It STILL looks amazing. I love that art style in Zelda WW. Led to such a vibrant beautiful game world where everything felt lively and engrossing (compared to twilight princess' dull and lifeless wolf ramblings). You actually water to explore this bright and vivid landscape. WW is actually at times looking like an artists painting. If you were to pause at any moment in the game and take a screenshot - it would look like a work of art!

I actually only got a lend of wind waker....I liked it so much after my first play that i went right out the next day and bought my own copy and gave my friend his back.

Roaming the ocean, roaming the islands....god I loved it so much.

I'm hoping Skyward Sword brings back alot of that feeling and atmosphere to Zelda. I've been using the two DS titles for my Zelda fettish after being very disappointed with TP and they have WW's art style. Obviously not really similar to WW but still lovely to look at and great fun to play.

Nintendo deserve huge amounts of credit for WW as it took balls of absolute steel to make such a move as bold as WW's artstyle. The knives were out and ready to bitch and moan about the style!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    I actually have the two disc edition too :):) What was the second disc again? Another Zelda game but I can't remember which one :S

I agree with all these lol. It STILL looks amazing. I love that art style in Zelda WW. Led to such a vibrant beautiful game world where everything felt lively and engrossing (compared to twilight princess' dull and lifeless wolf ramblings). You actually water to explore this bright and vivid landscape. WW is actually at times looking like an artists painting. If you were to pause at any moment in the game and take a screenshot - it would look like a work of art!

I actually only got a lend of wind waker....I liked it so much after my first play that i went right out the next day and bought my own copy and gave my friend his back.

Roaming the ocean, roaming the islands....god I loved it so much.

I'm hoping Skyward Sword brings back alot of that feeling and atmosphere to Zelda. I've been using the two DS titles for my Zelda fettish after being very disappointed with TP and they have WW's art style. Obviously not really similar to WW but still lovely to look at and great fun to play.

Nintendo deserve huge amounts of credit for WW as it took balls of absolute steel to make such a move as bold as WW's artstyle. The knives were out and ready to bitch and moan about the style!
    I have to agree with all of that!! I really hope after 5 years in development it can only be great, last time they took that long the result was OOT, best zelda bar none. I've got high hopes for TSS, roll on next year.
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It failed cos it was a crap kiddy console with over priced games and no DVD playback, And MGS Twin Snakes the best version? Um no they look like 14 year old kids playing war. The gamecube is still around anyway just now its called a Wii, a bit slimmer and has wank motion controls.

Nintendo had console gaming spot on with the N64. What the hell happened?

Yes sad to see Nintendo getting it wrong again with the motion control thing on the Wii. The PS3 AND XBox have shown you don't need to mimic real actions what you need to twiddle your thumbs! Oh, wait THEY are following Nintendo's lead because people do like wank motion controls (and less face it how can you control a wan without motion?).
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Soundburst wrote: »

Oh....only Ocarina of Time ;) and the Master Quest verison (original slated for N64 DD release) with reworked dungeons. It also has some other nice video extras on the disk. If you are bored of OoT or can remember it too well then Master Quest is wortha shot, but it's hard! :cry: I probably won't be playing OoT again till the 3DS release now, that is shaping up to be amazing, tweaked to perfection. :)