I'd be surprised if they edit it to make her look good
    The show used to be about the cooking but it now seems to be
    more about about conflict. That or people who consider themselves
    either zany or "I speak my mind" type (i.e. arrogant knobs) who
    want their 15 minutes of fame on national TV
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who does not drink wine I can give someone the cheapest plonk and they are in no position to pull me up for it.;)
  • youngswedeyoungswede Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as i was starting to warm to Donna she goes and says 'I'm dissappointed to see the others are having veal...'

She seems nice and polite but she just can't leave others alone for eating meat and thinks she's superior for being vegan, which as far as i think if she's a vegan she has no right to comment on what the non vegans are eating, and thats the reason i wouldn't want to go to a dinner party with her there, i would be always thinking that she dislikes me or she thinks she's better than me as i'm eating meat.

Like i said in a previous post, i'm all for people being vegan/vegetarian, but as long as they accept the fact that others are entitled to eat meat, just like i know people are entitled not to.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Rochelle and her 'cute animal' drives me insane.

Sarah just likes to broadcast her wealth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    youngswede wrote: »
    Just as i was starting to warm to Donna she goes and says 'I'm dissappointed to see the others are having veal...'

She seems nice and polite but she just can't leave others alone for eating meat and thinks she's superior for being vegan, which as far as i think if she's a vegan she has no right to comment on what the non vegans are eating, and thats the reason i wouldn't want to go to a dinner party with her there, i would be always thinking that she dislikes me or she thinks she's better than me as i'm eating meat.

Like i said in a previous post, i'm all for people being vegan/vegetarian, but as long as they accept the fact that others are entitled to eat meat, just like i know people are entitled not to.
    A lot of people who happily eat meat won't eat veal because of the way the calf is reared. Ditto foie gras. Even the doctor did not assume that all meat eaters would automatically want to eat it.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    SinSeer wrote: »
    A lot of people who happily eat meat won't eat veal because of the way the calf is reared. Ditto foie gras. Even the doctor did not assume that all meat eaters would automatically want to eat it.

British Rose Veal has started to change people's minds on that score now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    British Rose Veal has started to change people's minds on that score now.
    Will have to look that up.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SinSeer wrote: »

But what i'm saying is if she isn't going to be eating it, its not right she comments on it. If it was someone else whose plate it was destined for fair enough.

At the same time, its not really right for the meat eaters to comment on what Donna's food is
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Top of page two. Not hard to find.
  • fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair most Vegan's would have freaked out to be sat at a table with people eating Veal, she was just dissapointed, I have never eaten Veal and lots of meat eaters I know would never touch it either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate them all.
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    There's a lot of misconception about veal. The main problem really is the transportation of live veal calves from abroad. As dome said, British rose veal means that the calf is raised in a humane, relatively free-range manner. It's actually, arguably, better than not eating veal at all, because the lack of demand for veal means that the majority of male calves are destroyed at birth and not given any chance of a decent life at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    There's a lot of misconception about veal. The main problem really is the transportation of live veal calves from abroad. As dome said, British rose veal means that the calf is raised in a humane, relatively free-range manner. It's actually, arguably, better than not eating veal at all, because the lack of demand for veal means that the majority of male calves are destroyed at birth and not given any chance of a decent life at all.

I probably would give it a go now but my Mum put me off it when I was a kid, you don't often see it on restaurant menu's though do you?
    Forum Member
    fizzler333 wrote: »
    I probably would give it a go now but my Mum put me off it when I was a kid, you don't often see it on restaurant menu's though do you?

I've only recently started to occasionally eat (British rose) veal myself, and only because I saw a foodie programme about the veal issue. Before that, I wouldn't have touched it either. I have started to see it a bit more on restaurant menus, but I think rose veal is a relatively new thing on the whole.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is the whole veal thing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    If there was a week with 4 vegetarians and 1 meat eater, would the vegetarians cook a meat dinner for that person, or be expected to? i doubt it. If you have vegetarian beliefs fair enough, but they shouldn't stop you catering for other peoples needs.If i was Robin or Roshelle and had gone to a lot of trouble for Donna, and she presented me with vegan food, i would fling it back in her face, take my phone and order a pizza (one with a meat topping).

Honestly i'm not bitter all the time :)

It's a bit different though - everybody can eat vegan food, whereas vegans/vegetarians can't eat meat.. it's about respecting people's dietary choices and preferences... also if the vegetarian/vegan uses a meat substitute, they often contains good amounts of protein anyway, so meat-eaters are getting their needs met..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    also I laughed my arse off when Dave Lamb made some comment about "...and Sarah is going down to her local greasy spoon - sorry, michelin starred restaurant, to show off, - sorry, to get some more ingredients"
    or something.. hahahahahaha :D:D
    you have to watch it to find it funny..:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was great when the bloke filled the wine bottle with cheap plonk and she still crowed on about how fine the wine was, my mates poncy boyfriend had a very expensive bottle of gin that he was saving for for when his pals came to visit, I came back from the pub one night with some people and we drank it, I replaced it with some cheap crap from Tesco, when he entertained his mates he kept on about the superiority and the wonderful flavour of the gin, I had to bite my lip until his mates left but when I told him the next day he didn't believe me.
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Rochelle and her 'cute animal' drives me insane.

Sarah just likes to broadcast her wealth.

I've only just got over the shock of sarah saying that her husband would say her knickers were sexy :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate them all.

:D I have to say that I wasnt keen on anybody this week.
  • suki csuki c Posts: 6,083
    Forum Member
    Don't know if it's already been mentioned - but the infamous Preston week with Valerahh, boozy Dawn, tantrum-throwing Bernard, Paul and the lovely Nigel is on C4 this afternoon - can't wait :D
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel you are either for or against killing animals for food, there should be no exceptions.

For - you eat animals no matter how they are killed. Being kill 'humanely' is no consolation to the animal. I hate this 'Oh I can't eat veal because it is cruel'.

Against - you are against animals being killed for food, so you won't eat them PERIOD.
    But, you should respect people's right to eat them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the whole veal thing?

people misinformed about how veal is rared and then being hypocritical saying they wont eat veal because its cruel,..... but happily eating other cows :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    mikebuk wrote: »
    I feel you are either for or against killing animals for food, there should be no exceptions.

For - you eat animals no matter how they are killed. Being kill 'humanely' is no consolation to the animal. I hate this 'Oh I can't eat veal because it is cruel'.

Against - you are against animals being killed for food, so you won't eat them PERIOD.
    But, you should respect people's right to eat them.

I totally disagree, and I don't understand this attitude at all. It's not a contradiction to be an ethical meat-eater - only eating free-range, organic meat and eggs etc. Think about it - if you were an animal wouldn't you rather be raised outdoors with plenty of space and decent grub and then when your time was inevitably up killed in a swift manner, with the minimum of stress? Or spend the whole of your short life crammed in a tiny pen, so you can barely move, indoors and in the dark, eating rubbish, synthetic food?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;46448860']It's a bit different though - everybody can eat vegan food, whereas vegans/vegetarians can't eat meat.. it's about respecting people's dietary choices and preferences... also if the vegetarian/vegan uses a meat substitute, they often contains good amounts of protein anyway, so meat-eaters are getting their needs met..

you're right any person can physically eat vegan food, just like a vegatarian can physically put meat in their mouth, but both parties may choose not to, whether its due to principles, general dislike or otherwise, the reason why shouldn't matter. From experience i know that most vegan/vegetarian substitutes are no where near like what they are meant to be and can actually be sickly and nauseating when you are not used to them, Some people also don't like many vegetables.
    Thats why I don't feel giving a plate of substitutes and vegetables is catering to everyones needs

Another thing is, the 4 non vegans had to cook meals for Donna that they may not have done before, whereas Donna didn't so they could have been at a disadvantage, luckily she was appreciative of their efforts.

I don't mean to be argumentative, you have your opinion and that is mine, we should agree to disagree, i don't mean any harm :)
This discussion has been closed.