Options

Come Dine With Me 2010 (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one else watching???.... some of the weirdest episodes ever coming up lol
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I'd forgotten how truly bad this week was.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;46448860']It's a bit different though - everybody can eat vegan food, whereas vegans/vegetarians can't eat meat.. it's about respecting people's dietary choices and preferences... also if the vegetarian/vegan uses a meat substitute, they often contains good amounts of protein anyway, so meat-eaters are getting their needs met..

Of course vegans/veggies can eat meat, they just choose not to; that's fine, they're entitled to eat what they want, but they shouldn't force their option down other peoples' throats. And since when was holding or going to a dinner party about meeting dietary needs? Surely it's about enjoyment .

I've enjoyed some vegetarian dishes...when I've chosen them from a menu. I should think that one arbitrary dish presented to me would be edible, but might not be pleasant to my taste.
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite Come Dine with Me ever. Never gets old :D
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I think Bernard has some mental problems.
  • Options
    BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »

I think he's very insecure.

Val is a CDWM legend :D
  • Options
    Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    My favourite Come Dine with Me ever. Never gets old :D

It's my favourite, too. It just gets better and better with each episode.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    R2D2 from Star Trek? :D
  • Options
    SecretSmilerSecretSmiler Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

he would be incredibly hard work to be friends with :rolleyes:
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here we go lol.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    suki c wrote: »
    Don't know if it's already been mentioned - but the infamous Preston week with Valerahh, boozy Dawn, tantrum-throwing Bernard, Paul and the lovely Nigel is on C4 this afternoon - can't wait :D

I haven't watched this one before - but this has to be one of the best ever.. Come dine with me gold!! :D
  • Options
    suki csuki c Posts: 6,088
    Forum Member
    I've only just managed to switch on so can only see Dawn's night (before Structly ;))

It's as good as I remember - just looove Nigel :)
  • Options
    Charlie_the_catCharlie_the_cat Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R2D2 from Star Trek? :D
    Grrrrr!
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I remember this lot now, my god, they all seem to have mental health issues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    youngswede wrote: »
    <cut>
    I don't mean to be argumentative, you have your opinion and that is mine, we should agree to disagree, i don't mean any harm :)
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Of course vegans/veggies can eat meat, they just choose not to; that's fine, they're entitled to eat what they want, but they shouldn't force their option down other peoples' throats. And since when was holding or going to a dinner party about meeting dietary needs? Surely it's about enjoyment .

I've enjoyed some vegetarian dishes...when I've chosen them from a menu. I should think that one arbitrary dish presented to me would be edible, but might not be pleasant to my taste.

I can see what you're both saying, but I think feeding somebody vegetables is hardly forcing it down their throats, that's part of a meat-eaters diet anyway.
    I'm veggie and I'd feel uncomfortable serving meat at a dinner party, not because it's meat (because I don't have a problem with people eating it), but it's just I wouldn't be able to taste it, plus I wouldn't know how to cook it (how long to cook it for, how to make it taste good, etc..) Because I haven't eaten meat for so long the thought of tasting it makes me want to vomit if I'm honest. I wouldn't want to risk getting it wrong, I'd be more comfortable serving something that I know that I can cook pretty much to perfection. Having watched the CDWM this week, and everybody talking about the meat being raw, overcooked or not seasoned enough, I wouldn't want to risk it..
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    I'm so glad they're repeating the Preston week. I'm watching it now on 4+1. Comedy gold! Bernard is like a character from a sketch show.

I love Nigel to bits. He can come round mine for dinner any time!
  • Options
    PerkyPerkinsPerkyPerkins Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    What a fantastic week this was! It makes more recent ones look really dull. Even the theme tune was better in those days!
  • Options
    fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dawn must be tippling all day to get so tired before the starters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't believe Dawn fell asleep during her dinner party.. what was she thinking??:eek:

Paul is gorgggeeeouuss..:o
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving this one, had told my husband about it but he didn't believe just how bad it was lol
  • Options
    suki csuki c Posts: 6,088
    Forum Member
    JulesF wrote: »
    I'm so glad they're repeating the Preston week. I'm watching it now on 4+1. Comedy gold! Bernard is like a character from a sketch show.

I love Nigel to bits. He can come round mine for dinner any time!

He's a lovely man - I cant watch the final ep but I remember how lovely he was at the end :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    The strangest group of contestants ever
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Jesus, Dawn is a mentalist. :eek: Is she high? Something not right there. :o

Acts like a spoiled brat as well, when it was announced she was in 5th. :rolleyes: What do you expect woman?! Ugh. :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Awww Nigel!!! :D:)

Dawn is such a brat - why should she almost throw a tantrum when it was announced she came last.. she shouldn't have been surprised!!
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;46463002']Awww Nigel!!! :D:)

Dawn is such a brat - why should she almost throw a tantrum when it was announced she came last.. she shouldn't have been surprised!!

Wonder if this is how she reacted when the judge banned her from driving...she doesn't seem to have much of a grasp on reality :mad:
This discussion has been closed.