Options

The "Bored of it already" thread

DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am a BB fan, particularly CBB, but really not feeling it this year.

I lasted launch night and two thirds of the first highlights show.

Seems too contrived this year (?).

Comments

• Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a BB fan, particularly CBB, but really not feeling it this year.

I lasted launch night and two thirds of the first highlights show.

Seems too contrived this year (?).

Only this year:o;-)

It's been manipulated and scripted for years..cast your mind back to the last CBB...White Dee being given a prominent role on the first night, that hideous Helen Woods being given a pass to the final.....

It's a show now..nothing reality about it.
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Attention span of a
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've become used to naff launch night twists so I'm not bothered about that. Finding housemates to like and support will be difficult this series.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How are you bored already? You've seen lie 25 mins of material. Surely if you couldn't make it to the final third of the first highlight show, you were never really a fan anyway. Never in a series has anything of note happened in the first couple of days.
  • Options
    LuxrayLuxray Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? Give it some time at least before it's written off as 'boring'. We've barely seen anything yet.
  • Options
    Rufus KnightsRufus Knights Posts: 3,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree and I can't say i'm surprised. They've really scraped the barrel with the Z-listers this year. Take Katy Hopkins out of the equation and the show will die.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luxray wrote: »
    Really? Give it some time at least before it's written off as 'boring'. We've barely seen anything yet.
    It could be argued that we'll only ever barely see anything of it ... 44 mins of show a day,including titles and recaps,there might be 35 mins of actual house footage.
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    I watched launch night I decided that this isn't for me.

It's just a joke of what it was and was meant to be. If I want scripted mindless teenage TV I can watch 1000s of other trendy TV programmes.
  • Options
    Cracker_CakeCracker_Cake Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know we get a crap lineup thread every year but I think this years is the winner.

Having Katie Hopkins, a gobby troll, as the focal point isn't really my cup of tea.

Even the Americans are a huge let down.

Not a fan of any of the HMs at all in this years series, if I persevere I might enjoy it but I'm out.
  • Options
    DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It got a lot better, I admit...
  • Options
    Hot ButterflyHot Butterfly Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched all episodes and most of bots but I haven't enjoyed this CBB. The rows and fights have become boring bc its incessant 24/7. Nadia said there were laughs in the house but we didn't see much. Even the housemates want out. And I believe them this time. So if the next CBB is another fight fest then I shant watch for definite. My head hurts with it all and I'm not a tender person by far.
  • Options
    HIGHERSTATEHIGHERSTATE Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like the voters love a scathing shallow bitch.

Someone the champion them?
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It got a lot better, I admit...

Even though it has gotten even more contrived?
  • Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This CBB has been the first time ever (and I've seen every single BB since BB1) that I really haven't been enjoying it at all.
    The Perez vs Katie H constant fighting has totally dominated this series, and has sucked any fun out of it.
    I will be glad when it ends and just hope the summer series will be worth watching.

My only hope now is that someone nice like Cheggers or even Katie P win it, Hopkins winning will be worse than that awful Helen last year.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up on civilian BB after BB7 but have always continued with CBB. I almost didn't watch this time round but got sucked in. Now I wish I'd stuck to my guns and not bothered
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,860
    Forum Member
    I lasted longer than you OP but I have got bored.

Looking back I think I started to disengage around the point of Alicia's departure. That's not to say that she was pivotal or even the most engaging but I did find her interesting and she made me think. The dynamic between Kav and Keith also interested me and made me think but we haven't seen much of that except that one incident and the morning after.

Since then my patience with the show has declined to the point that I am only half watching and can't even be bothered to find last night's show on catch up. Every show seems to be two people yelling at each other with odd yells from others and I am bored to tears now watching the same argument over and over.
  • Options
    SwiftishSwiftish Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know we get a crap lineup thread every year but I think this years is the winner.

Having Katie Hopkins, a gobby troll, as the focal point isn't really my cup of tea.

Even the Americans are a huge let down.

Not a fan of any of the HMs at all in this years series, if I persevere I might enjoy it but I'm out.

I can really relate to this, not out yet but planning my escape shortly before they announce the gobby troll winner - I will then wipe my memory of the whole debacle and look forward to the civilian BB whilst trying to avoid Hopkins' smug crowing and spouting even more damaging bile to the Nation.