BBC London Boris News

ftvftv Posts: 31,668
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Another sycophantic piece about Boris Johnson on BBC London News tonight with virtually no mention of any other political party in London. Good to see BBC London on message but - seriously - how on earth do they get away with it, is nobody in New Broadcasting House watching the output ?

Comments

• Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could have sworn Yvette Cooper was in the same piece.

Boris- because of his larger than life personality, was the more memorable contribution- but they were both in the same report.
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Another sycophantic piece about Boris Johnson on BBC London News tonight with virtually no mention of any other political party in London. Good to see BBC London on message but - seriously - how on earth do they get away with it, is nobody in New Broadcasting House watching the output ?

I watched it that's a total misrepresentation! Not true in any way at all.

I could have sworn Yvette Cooper was in the same piece.

Boris- because of his larger than life personality, was the more memorable contribution- but they were both in the same report.

Yes I saw her there quite clearly,
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BBC London's promotion of Boris Johnson is nothing short of shameful has that has been the case since this man became mayor.

I suggest as the Tory candidate for Uxbridge, the other parties get equal airtime, or they should make a formal complaint against the BBC.

It's ironic the BBC backing a Conservative, considering that party would love to flog off the corporation to one of their mates....
  • Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    BBC London's promotion of Boris Johnson is nothing short of shameful has that has been the case since this man became mayor.

I suggest as the Tory candidate for Uxbridge, the other parties get equal airtime, or they should make a formal complaint against the BBC.

It's ironic the BBC backing a Conservative, considering that party would love to flog off the corporation to one of their mates....

Well, it's not the BBC's fault, or Boris Johnson's fault, if he is more charasmatic, and memorable than Yvette Cooper. They were both in the same report. One made more impact. Why? Because he knows how to get noticed.
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »

As the Mayor of London, why shouldn't they have promoted him or shown his activities during his mayorship?

:confused: