CORRIE: WHEN is someone going to give Bethany a SLAP!?!?

Comments

• jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, Callams got to be the worst character in it, and how did he get past the audition room his actings atrocious.

Maybe they were of the opinion that, if they turned him down, they'd be accused of homophobia? Just speculating, of course.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i find the pair comedy watching , her and Sarah and their quirky oneliners
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    CS are trying too hard to make her funny and although she has made me laugh with her one liners, her behaviour would worry me if she was a relative of mine.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's more like Mae West than a 14 year old! She's so sarcastic and bloomin rude it's unbelievable and the amount of make up is just a joke!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg! She just called Sarah "pram face"...... Unbelievable!!

Sorry but sarah seems to like her being rude to her! The girl needs a beat! Lol
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Surprised Sarah hasn't given her a slap afterall she was always slapping David any chance she got, she punched Jason, beat up a child on her wedding day and she swung for Becky.
    Vicious lil pig
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noush wrote: »

Their relationship is bizarre in the extreme. They're more like two (generally hostile) sisters with about a year in age between them. There's not the slightest indication Bethany regards Sarah as a mother or authority figure (in fact the producers could have introduced them as two squabbling sisters and nobody would even notice the difference),
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is Sarah sending a woman in her mid-30s to school and complaining about her mini-skirt? :confused: Very suspect if you ask me.

Thanks.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes she's too over the top and one dimensional. It's only endearing if the character has a different side and often gets their comeuppance, which shows no sign of happening.
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Yes she's too over the top and one dimensional. It's only endearing if the character has a different side and often gets their comeuppance, which shows no sign of happening.

that's what I find about Bethany,she isn't a good actress as it's just one way of her acting and that's being a brat,how old is she supposed to be acting then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The she goes again....every line again is sarcastic or cheeky and she bunked off school. No really, what to do with a child like that??
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noush wrote: »

Sarah just laughed at her tonight and started chasing her around the room, how bloody ridiculous. I can't watch it anymore!
  • Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agrree!! If anyone wants a slap it's Sarah!! She's more immature than Bethany!!
    No wonder Bethany's turned out lke she has!! Though personally I do have a soft spot for New Bethany & her razor sharp catty observations, they are in danger of overdoing it & moving het into Tracy territory which would be a real shame!!

This, absolutely!
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »
    Sarah just laughed at her tonight and started chasing her around the room, how bloody ridiculous. I can't watch it anymore!

Lol, why? She was just joking around with her. I'm not sure why some people get so worked up over things like that. Some children speak to their parents in a way others don't approve of, but the parents are fine with it. Calling your mum "pramface" in a jokey way is not a big deal.
  • ChatterFaceChatterFace Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Sarah and Bethany unbearable to watch... When I heard Sarah was returning with her daughter I was excited to see more of the Platts and thought they would be a great addition to the family unit. What we end up with is two characters who act and sound like a couple of 12 year olds in the school yard thinking they are cool, but they really aren't... That's genuinely all I see in Sarah and Bethany Platt.
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    I really like the relationship between Sarah and Bethany.

I think people are missing the point. These two are more like sisters for the simple reason that there is only 13 years between them. Sarah has been bringing up Bethany without much parental input and has done it the only way she knows how. I like how they know everything about each other and can bicker without feeling judged.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    This is what happens when children have children
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her and Sarah act like they are in the playground, I find this disagreeable
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    I really like the relationship between Sarah and Bethany.

I think people are missing the point. These two are more like sisters for the simple reason that there is only 13 years between them. Sarah has been bringing up Bethany without much parental input and has done it the only way she knows how. I like how they know everything about each other and can bicker without feeling judged.

It's an utterly messed up relationship. It's the mother's role to provide love, guidance and discipline to her daughter and to set very clear boundaries, not to be her teenage best friend (especially as Bethany has no father figure). If Sarah is carrying on like she's Bethany's sister, then she is not being a mother and is abdicating her duty to raise her to be a responsible young woman.
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    It's an utterly messed up relationship. It's the mother's role to provide love, guidance and discipline to her daughter and to set very clear boundaries, not to be her teenage best friend (especially as Bethany has no father figure). If Sarah is carrying on like she's Bethany's sister, then she is not being a mother and is abdicating her duty to raise her to be a responsible young woman.

She had her when she was only 13 then moved abroad where she brought her up with no help or guidance from her own mother. I think she has done it the only way she knows how. Bethany is a cheeky mare and treats Sarah like a sister rather than a mother but they are obviously very close and love and look out for each other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    This is what happens when children have children

Totally.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully she pisses off JennyBradley
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Maybe they were of the opinion that, if they turned him down, they'd be accused of homophobia? Just speculating, of course.

The actor playing Callum isn't gay. To suggest that a gay man would automatically accuse an employer of homophobia just because they were unsuccessful in a job interview is bit ridiculous IMO.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look at her. 28 years old and dressed in a school uniform. Pathetic.
    priscilla wrote: »
    Hopefully she pisses off JennyBradley

LOL> Yes! :D:D
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Because Sarah is such a terrible mother that's why. But I love Bethany's comments. Best young female character on the show.
    She is brilliant.
    they have made a great find there.
    Her behaviour is annoying but in a nice way, cos you can't be angry with the girl as she is just so appealing.
    her behaviour is all the fault of Sarah Lou......... she just laughs at her. Sarah Lou more bothered about her own love life than her daughter.
    Bethany far outweighs Sarah Lou in the likeable stakes.