Options

EE: Anyone else disappointed with the lack of Harry Reid (Ben Mitchell)?

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Have you forgotten that Ronnie killed Carl and that Jane was accessory to the killing of Lucy

I have not forgotten that but Carl tried to rape Ronnie and was an all-round knobhead, and admittedly Jane was wrong to do what she did and her character will never be the same again in my eyes
    I find it much harder to forgive Ben because he killed a kind, likeable character who had only recently given birth. For me that is unforgivable
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ben served time for manslaughter. Yes killing heather was awful but it was not intentional and happened after a massive row where he hit her. It's not murder as there was no intent. Yes it was wrong. However he served the time he was given and pleaded guilty.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Because she didn't want to use it. As far as she knew, it was 100% her fault for killing Archie, it just took a nudge for her to realise that her mental illness was out of her control.

Two things wrong with this sentence.

She's isn't young, and he didn't batter her to death. Bit of a pointless exaggeration.

He smashed her head in with a picture frame.

And 40 is still young by today's standards.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Because she didn't want to use it. As far as she knew, it was 100% her fault for killing Archie, it just took a nudge for her to realise that her mental illness was out of her control.

Two things wrong with this sentence.

She's isn't young, and he didn't batter her to death. Bit of a pointless exaggeration.

Because it wasn't a real defense. Her killing Archie had nothing to do with her illness which she knew but when her mum convinced her that Lilly needed her and that she had something she could use to get out of prison she decided to use it. She lied to get out of prison and that is the truth :(
    He smashed her head in with a picture frame.

And 40 is still young by today's standards.

Well I watched it and that didn't happen. He hit her with a picture frame.
  • Options
    Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am quite disappointed that he is not used to his full of potential as he plays good with Ben character also I fancy the crap out of Harry Reid
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it wasn't a real defense. Her killing Archie had nothing to do with her illness which she knew but when her mum convinced her that Lilly needed her and that she had something she could use to get out of prison she decided to use it. She lied to get out of prison and that is the truth :(

Well I watched it and that didn't happen. He hit her with a picture frame.

He still killed an innocent woman with a blow to the head whichever term you care to use.

Ben is repulsive little git just like his father.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the big gaps that many characters seem to be having
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unitedan wrote: »
    I have not forgotten that but Carl tried to rape Ronnie and was an all-round knobhead, and admittedly Jane was wrong to do what she did and her character will never be the same again in my eyes
    I find it much harder to forgive Ben because he killed a kind, likeable character who had only recently given birth. For me that is unforgivable

Being a knobhead, and even attempting rape, doesn't preclude your right to live, not by the letter of the law anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes but would you rather kill Carl or heather if you had to kill one of them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heather
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being a knobhead, and even attempting rape, doesn't preclude your right to live, not by the letter of the law anyway

Yes true but if someone is violently attacking you then it could be argued it was self defense. However the body crushing ruled that out >:(
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Top talent? That's hysterical. The lad simply can't act in front of a camera and is one of the worst actors on the show. But all down to opinion i spose.

The less we see of him the better.

Haha yes I agree. Tbh I find it embarrassing watching him pretend to be a hard man.
    Clackers wrote: »
    Yes, let's hope so. I also want t see more of Jay, but certainly Ben - he is the priority.

DTC should be making him Phil's Heir, and running amok on the Square, not hiding behind his dad all the time. Or are we gonna have Phil acting like the Mafia until he's 87?

Well they are trying to show that Ben is attempting to be the big hard man like his dad but he's no good at it. I hope when Kathy comes back he rediscovers his softer, musical theatre type side. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Heather

So you would rather kill a harmless young mother than an aggressive, manipulative rapist
    I don't wish death in anyone but some people deserve it more than others
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There seems to be about three tiers of characters on the show at the moment:
    Carters, Regulars and Glorified extras: Jay, Lola and Ben seem to be in the third group
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    He still killed an innocent woman with a blow to the head whichever term you care to use.

Ben is repulsive little git just like his father.

He did kill Heather which is why he went to jail but now he's been released and I agree with the OP that I'd like to see more of him on the show.
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    Haha yes I agree. Tbh I find it embarrassing watching him pretend to be a hard man.

Well they are trying to show that Ben is attempting to be the big hard man like his dad but he's no good at it. I hope when Kathy comes back he rediscovers his softer, musical theatre type side. :D

:confused: He is acting the not very good hard man though. I think he plays it very well and so do you from what you're saying :D
  • Options
    robjames69robjames69 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think we will see lots of Ben when Kathy returns.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unitedan wrote: »
    So you would rather kill a harmless young mother than an aggressive, manipulative rapist
    I don't wish death in anyone but some people deserve it more than others

Harmless? Did you SEE her episodes?