Weight Loss Thread - 2013 Edition

Comments

• GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weighed in at 11st this morning. Remain unconvinced by scales, but IF that is true, I have actually hit my weight loss target of half a stone.

I'm now going to push on through to my ultimate target of an entire stone to get back down to 10st 7lbs which I was when I finished teacher training almost 4 years ago.

11st is the lightest I've been for 18 months. Bit chuffed with myself.
  • laurieloulaurielou Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to everyone who's lost weight this week.:)

After 2 weeks of near-stalling (0.5 lb a week), have now lost another 2lb. Taking me to just over a stone lost now. Yay. Was worried it was all going to stop and I'd give up.

Just went out for a run in the rain to, uh, 'celebrate'. It was actually quite nice tho'. Like having your run and shower at the same time...
  • WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Congratulations to everyone who has lost weight from me too.

I've had a good workout at the gym this morning, and am sticking to my diet better than last week. I must say that I'm finding that going to the gym really fits into my lifestyle and I'm seeing rapid fitness gains.

One question, how do you work out your ideal weight. I used this site: http://www.prokerala.com/health/health-calculators/ideal-weight.php and it says that I should be 77.65kg. (Currently 82.5). That seems quite high to me. My initial target is 80kg, but if my ideal is 77.65, I'm definitely going for that. But looking elsewhere gives me different numbers. Here, assuming that I'm a 'medium frame', I should be 71.21kgs to 77.2kgs. http://www.jodohonline.com/dietpills/ideal_weight_table_for_men.htm. According to http://weight.optyourlife.com I should be 73kg. Where-ever I look, I find different figures concerning what weight I should be.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went up a lb this week, but I think it's water retention as I tend to go up at this point in the month. So no stopping just head down and carry on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Dont be too disheartened mollie, it happens!! Goodluck for next week :)
    Forum Member
    Good luck for next week to Mollie and everyone.

I'm hopeful for my weigh-in day tomorrow. I've had two good workouts at the gym this week (still cooling down from one of them) and have been more careful concerning calories. But of course Murphy's Law suggests that on the week when you've done things right ....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you good luck to everyone else too !
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WinterFire wrote: »
    One question, how do you work out your ideal weight. I used this site: http://www.prokerala.com/health/health-calculators/ideal-weight.php and it says that I should be 77.65kg. (Currently 82.5). That seems quite high to me. My initial target is 80kg, but if my ideal is 77.65, I'm definitely going for that. But looking elsewhere gives me different numbers. Here, assuming that I'm a 'medium frame', I should be 71.21kgs to 77.2kgs. http://www.jodohonline.com/dietpills/ideal_weight_table_for_men.htm. According to http://weight.optyourlife.com I should be 73kg. Where-ever I look, I find different figures concerning what weight I should be.

I used your links (obviously swapping to female where necessary). I came out at 10st, 10.2st and 10.3st in that order for each link. Frankly, for me, the last one is the most achievable and even then I'd be skin and bone. I have a large chest which NEVER loses weight! So I'd literally need to be carrying zero fat elsewhere if I was to get to that.

On a more positive note, I bought a size 10 dress yesterday :D not been a size 10 in years. I'm not convinced it was a REAL size 10, more likely a vanity size, but it made me feel good!
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost another pound this week, making a total loss of 5st 1lb. Congrats to everyone else who has lost this week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Put two pounds on this week :( im absolutly gutted. I know its my own fault but definatly dont want that to ever happen again. Heres hoping for a better week nxt week xx
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost another 5lbs this week
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another 1 and a half pounds off this week. That's 10lbs since 8 January 2013. Very happy.
    Forum Member
    Down to 82kg now. That's officially 0.5kg off this week (a pound and a bit), but probably a bit more as I think that last week's measurement was a bit low as I was really thirsty and probably dehydrated at the time. Even if it was accurate, 0.5kg a week is my target weightloss, so I'm happy.

Congrats to everyone who lost, and best wishes to Steff and everyone for this week.
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Weighed in this morning and it said I was the same weight as last week. I was like wat...

Then just checked again about an hour ago and it says I've lost 3lbs.

What is this sorcery?
    Forum Member
    I've already consumed 1140.5 calories today, with a target of 1800. And I feel hungry. Today is going to be a bit tricky......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've already consumed 1140.5 calories today, with a target of 1800. And I feel hungry. Today is going to be a bit tricky......

Big salad ? I find lots of celery and lettuce helps on days like that.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I always fall back on Knorr chicken noodle soup in a desperate situation. 44 calories I think per bowl. And delicious too :D
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the advice. A big salad with low calorie dressing (tastes fine as long as you like a mustard kick which I do) is definitely going to be on the menu today. No celery in the house, but we do have little gem lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and bell pepper. However, having some Linda McCartney Red Onion & Rosemary sausages in the freezer (63 calories each) and some Iceland Spicy Beanburgers (125 calories each) should allow me to do something decent. However, I'd better stop this post now, as I'm making myself hungry again :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Having completed my third week on the 5-2 diet, I have lost 6lb in total :)
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Logon wrote: »

wow well done!! is that the diet where you diet for 2 days and eat what you want for 5? im assuming you still eat healthily for the other 5 days though...:D

im just sticking to healthy eating and plenty of exercise and i've lost all my post christmas weight, since jan 7th i've lost 3.5kg!:D
    i do have my treats, but not every day, if i eat chocolate one day i give it a miss the next etc and i swim four times a week for an hour to an hour and a half each time; i also walk a lot:D

i rarely eat red meat but i eat chicken fish and quorn and i eat a fair bit of protein which fills me up:)
  • BeccyJayne2247BeccyJayne2247 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Logon wrote: »

Im doing this,.done the first week and lost 3ibs. Admitedly this id the 3 ibs that i lost initially then put back on last weekend!!!!
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member

According to the first one, I should be 9 stone :eek:
    The second one says 9st 7 - 10st 7
    The third says 9st 11

If I was 9 stone, I would look scrawny and ill! Think I'll aim for somewhere at the top of the second one!
    Forum Member
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    According to the first one, I should be 9 stone :eek:
    The second one says 9st 7 - 10st 7
    The third says 9st 11

If I was 9 stone, I would look scrawny and ill! Think I'll aim for somewhere at the top of the second one!

I'm still confused by it, and will reconsider what weight I should be when I get to 80kg and see what that looks like.
  • NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I join this thread please? Ive recently started my diet and have 8 stone to lose if I want to get to my ideal weight, however if I can lose 5 then I'd be more than happy. I have so many reasons to lose it, from wanting to be healthier and fitter, to wanting to visit my family and friends in the UK but being to ashamed of my body to do it yet.
    Im so unfit that any form of exercise leaves me with a bad back and aching limbs but I am trying to be more and more active. I have a disabled husband which makes going out quite difficult. I just need some friendly encouragement to go along with my willpower. Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome Mary we'll try and support you as much as we can, good luck !