Options

Wentworth (remake of Prisoner: Cell Block H) on Channel 5 (Spoilers in tags)

Comments

• Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I've seen the first 5 episodes and it's okay, but not spectacular. The actress who plays Bea Smith is a terrible actress.

I preferred Danielle Cormack in "Underbelly:Razor".
  • Options
    StebeeStebee Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Channel 5′s latest acquisition Wentworth Prison (known simply as Wentworth in its native Australia) will premiere on Wednesday August 28th at 10pm, it has been announced,
    A reboot of Australian drama series Prisoner Cell Block H, Wentworth is set in the violent dangerous environment of the Wentworth Correctional Centre and follows struggles with inmates and provides insights into their fractious personal lives.

The series is produced by FremantleMedia Australia and stars Shareena Clanton, Celia Ireland, Kate Atkinson, Robbie Magasiva, Aaron Jeffery, Catherine McClements, Kris McQuade, Danielle Cormack and Nicole Da Silva. The series was recently renewed by Foxtel’s SoHo channel for a second season.
  • Options
    triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    For those who haven't seen it yet when you see the new Frankie i'd advise you to totally forget about trying to compare her to the old one, theres just no point.

I didn't see the original Frankie, but this one is great. She and Jacs steal the show for me.
    Oooh, do we know who is playing The Freak ?

A spokesperson for the show said recently: "However, for now our storylines for new and existing inmates and staff shall remain in maximum security.”
  • Options
    pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for this
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will give this a watch :)
  • Options
    Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,191
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many episodes are there in this first series?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thumbolina wrote: »

Ten episodes in the first series.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thumbolina wrote: »

10. Each episode focuses on a different characters background but without losing the main flow of the series. Bea and to a lesser extent Erica are the two main leads but the show is ensemble cast overall.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stebee wrote: »
    Ten episodes in the first series.
    Thanks. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10. Each episode focuses on a different characters background but without losing the main flow of the series. Bea and to a lesser extent Erica are the two main leads but the show is ensemble cast overall.
    Thanks. :)
  • Options
    Tillymint82Tillymint82 Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Youre in for a treat its a phenomenal series! Love every second cannot wait for season 2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Interesting that Channel 5 are calling it 'Wentworth Prison'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Less interesting, more stupid and pointless.

It was fine as Wentworth.

I love this show, not going to take over from Prisoner as my favourite, but it is a bloody good show.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,940
    Forum Member
    TV snacks at the ready!
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Can they not repeat the original Prisoner series too?:(
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it a soap?
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another programme going on series link for me then, lol. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can they not repeat the original Prisoner series too?:(

Can watch it all on Youtube :)
  • Options
    JAMIE22UKJAMIE22UK Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daily motion has them all too watched all ten in one day :P
  • Options
    caz06caz06 Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so is this basically an austrailian bad girls with top dogs/storylines ect?
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good, I may take a look.

For anyone who's already seen it. Is it more like Oz than Prison Break? (They are the only two prison dramas I have seen).
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Sounds good, I may take a look.

For anyone who's already seen it. Is it more like Oz than Prison Break? (They are the only two prison dramas I have seen).

A female Oz is probably a good description. More so than comparing it to Bad Girls I would say. Although you could say like the gritty first series of Bad Girls too.

What you have to remember about Bad Girls is that basically it was based on Prisoner Cell Block H. Wentworth is Prisoner Cell Block H only reinvented for a 2013 generation and it is a lot more graphic.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A female Oz is probably a good description. More so than comparing it to Bad Girls I would say. Although you could say like the gritty first series of Bad Girls too.

What you have to remember about Bad Girls is that basically it was based on Prisoner Cell Block H. Wentworth is Prisoner Cell Block H only reinvented for a 2013 generation and it is a lot more graphic.

Ah right, I see. Thanks :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its amazing, I watched it in a dodgy way too. What I will say is DONT watch with an older mum that was a fan of the original. Its like it but gritty and raw. Yes there is talk of heroin, blow jobs and lesian fingering. Its really real, brilliant and I don't know if C5 might edit it. I hope not but hey ho, they are filming a new series next month in OZ so it mustve done OK. ITS SO GOOD!