The Fall: Series Two (UK Pace)

Comments

• LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prehensile wrote: »
    It does feel like there really isn't enough plot to go round.

A series too far IMO. Hey ho.

I suppose anyone who didn't see (or can't remember) the first series is lost. That's always the danger with such a long gap.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    I loved the first series but this isn't in the same league
  • AligatorCatAligatorCat Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm enjoying it. Good on the young girl for standing up to him. Could be her downfall, but hope not!!
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    The photo fit is remarkably accurate. It stretches credibility slightly that the girl on the train didn't even appear slightly perturbed when she was speaking with Spector.

Exactly what I was thinking. And it was obviously a picture of the actor cos the eyes were the same, the face was the same!

And why wouldn't Katie tell the police what she knows/suspects?

Too many of this sort of examples of no one saying anything to the police that could help them find him, could get a bit tedious!
    Forum Member
    clm2071 wrote: »
    I loved the first series but this isn't in the same league

Blimey, it's only been on 50 minutes!
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly! Give it a chance!
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    Blimey, it's only been on 50 minutes!

50 minutes of mumbling, staring and ringing mobiles. I'll stick with it but its been a long and boring 50 minutes.
    Forum Member
    50 minutes of mumbling, staring and ringing mobiles. I'll stick with it but its been a long and boring 50 minutes.

It was always gonna be different to the first episode of the first series. He was just getting going then!
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had forgotten Archie Panjabi was in this. I was starting to think this was a Fall/Good Wife crossover.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It has a different pace to other police procedural dramas but that's what sets it apart from the others. This show has always been a slow burner IMO and that works well in terms of creating and sustaining a suitably foreboding atmosphere. It's not a series that uses high speed chases and melodramatic hysterics, opting for muted tones instead.
    Forum Member
    Are all kids that age that trusting when they see a strange man in their house in the middle of the night?!
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who's Peter? Is she the one he went to school with ?
  • Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont usually watch crime dramas but I watched the first series & I loved it. Very good first episode for series 2 I enjoyed it :)
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She knows him. Could be an ex girlfriend or family?
  • Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are all kids that age that trusting when they see a strange man in their house in the middle of the night?!

Doubt it, as I kid I was really shy I probably would have screamed if I saw him.
    Forum Member
    5/10 hopefully it will get better
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    I had forgotten Parminder Nagra was in this. I was starting to think this was a Fall/Good Wife crossover.

Archie Pinjabi's in the Good Wife. She'll always be Kalinda to me, now! :)
    Wonder when that's coming back!
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't understand whose house he's in. They're all green inside..... or is it one house?

Very gloomy, but I like the pace.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Archie Pinjabi's in the Good Wife. She'll always be Kalinda to me, now! :)
    Wonder when that's coming back!

January.
  • rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did rose think Peter her old boyfriend could be the killer? I've forgotten..
  • Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    Bit sneaky of him getting a fishing boat to NI. There will be no record of him being back in Belfast.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Humffff....not sure if I enjoyed that or not! Why doesn't that stupid young woman who Spector attacked in his own home tell the police what she knows. If this is how this will pan out it is going to be a long haul.
    Forum Member
    It has a different pace to other police procedural dramas but that's what sets it apart from the others. This show has always been a slow burner IMO and that works well in terms of creating and sustaining a suitably foreboding atmosphere. It's not a series that uses high speed chases and melodramatic hysterics, opting for muted tones instead.

Indeed. He was doing all the murders in the first series, this is the series they try to get him. Basically!

Aside from what I mentioned before ... the woman on the train seeing his picture in the paper (there was no 'slight' resemblance, it was obviously him) and Katie obviously suspecting he was the killer ... and neither saying anything to the police ... and the little girl not in the least bothered a strange man is in her house in the middle of the night ... I loved tonight's episode. A slow burner that keeps MY attention anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A decent opening episode, I thought. Jamie Dornan again displayed that quiet intensity yet and there were some really interesting scenes- the conversation between Stella and Annie being a prime example. Some folk on here are complaining that not enough happened but we have to remember that it can't always been incident-packed. The chess pieces have just been laid and now we're going to wait for the psychological warfare, chills and twists to slowly unfold.
    Forum Member
    notin wrote: »
    Humffff....not sure if I enjoyed that or not! Why doesn't that stupid young woman who Spector attacked in his own home tell the police what she knows. If this is how this will pan out it is going to be a long haul.

Presumably the 'not telling anyone' thing - specially in the first episode - is because it IS gonna be a long haul.
    But it is frustrating to watch stuff like that!
This discussion has been closed.