CORRIE: WHEN is someone going to give Bethany a SLAP!?!?

NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Oh my God!!! It's been weeks now and there's no sign of this girl's cheek letting up!

She really pushes the boundaries when she's arguing with Sarah Lou.....she said her nail varnish was slutty last night...My God, how on earth does she get away with that to her mum???!

Seriously, she hasn't had one UNsarcastic line since she she's come into the damn programme. It's wearing thin and getting a. It boring now. I just can't believe she gets away with saying such rude stuff. What a brat!

>:(

Comments

• jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because Sarah is such a terrible mother that's why. But I love Bethany's comments. Best young female character on the show.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking that last night! I have a 13 year old daughter and she would never get away with that sort of behaviour!
  • billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A wedding cake is not just any cake, there's a kind of magic and sentimentality to it, you give slices to your friends etc.

Bethany should be packed off somewhere, or have her make-up confiscated.

I'm not for treating teenagers like little kids but tolerating that sort of behaviour is ridiculous.

She's not just "cheeky", she's spiteful. If Maria wasn't beautiful, those "old" remarks could really hurt; in fact beautiful people IRL are often insecure and vulnerable to nasty remarks.

Bethany stresses me out.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,846
    Forum Member
    billio wrote: »
    A wedding cake is not just any cake, there's a kind of magic and sentimentality to it, you give slices to your friends etc.

I'm not for treating teenagers like little kids but tolerating that sort of behaviour is ridiculous.

She's not just "cheeky", she's spiteful. If Maria wasn't beautiful, those "old" remarks could really hurt; in fact beautiful people IRL are often insecure and vulnerable to nasty remarks.

Bethany stresses me out.

She is spiteful. The way she spoke to Maria was unbelievable, and so was her attitude after she smashed the cake >:(

I think in real life someone so spoilt, who behaved so unpleasantly, wouldn't get very far, unless their parents were filthy rich. It'll be interesting to see if Bethany ends up modifying her behaviour because nobody will give her the time of day, or whether people will just keep coming back for more of her nasty insults.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 14 year old girl who drinks champagne and it takes about 6 glasses to get her drunk.

She was also flirting with her Uncle Nick. 'Let's dance,' she said in a saucy way. :eek:

Ugly TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 14 year old girl who drinks champagne and it takes about 6 glasses to get her drunk.

She was also flirting with her Uncle Nick. 'Let's dance,' she said in a saucy way. :eek:

Ugly TV.

Nothing ugly about it. Lucy Fallon is very attractive :p.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking about when she said "there is no way I am going back to Italy or getting on that plane".....

Seriously, what do you DO with a kid that point blank refuses to listen. She is WILD and totally out of control!
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    billio wrote: »

Bethany stresses me out.
    Very spiteful; the writing for her is not at all entertaining. It would have been so nice to have a pleasant, normal girl arrive at Gail's. .
  • m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they're trying to make her entertaining, but failing miserably
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps when she goes to school. They'll be queuing round the block to give her a good bitch slapping!

Could be a good SL and bring her down to earth a bit.
  • Zorah88Zorah88 Posts: 6,668
    Forum Member
    Bethany might calm down when Callum stars buying her nice things
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Nothing ugly about it. Lucy Fallon is very attractive :p.

She is attractive. But she's 14 and Nick is her uncle!
  • Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »

Thats sick:o

she is an annoying little brat, Id happily slap her, also why does she never interact with anyone else, I'm still waiting for her to hang out with Faye and Crag??:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what's up with these platts? constantly trying to spread themselves thin enough so everyone can get a slice and now Beth is trying to get popped by her own uncle to follow in her mothers footsteps. it's a disgrace, someone should say something?!
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Bethany, at least she has a bit of spark and sense of humour, instead of those other misery teenagers like Faye, Sophie, Chesney etc.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    m-river wrote: »
    they're trying to make her entertaining, but failing miserably

Yeah I've had better laughs at a funeral.

It really is kids stuff. I thought Sarah might have matured since she was last in Corrie, but no such luck.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She wasn't actually flirting with Nick though, that's just people spinning it on here.
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Because Sarah is such a terrible mother that's why. But I love Bethany's comments. Best young female character on the show.

I agrree!! If anyone wants a slap it's Sarah!! She's more immature than Bethany!!
    No wonder Bethany's turned out lke she has!! Though personally I do have a soft spot for New Bethany & her razor sharp catty observations, they are in danger of overdoing it & moving het into Tracy territory which would be a real shame!!
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe what a state the Platt family is in.

Whenever the show was poor it could always fall back on the Platts for some good material.

Sarah and Bethany are interchangeable brats. They seem to have pushed the reset button on Sarah's characterisation, what we are seeing now doesn't fit with the life she has supposedly been leading off-screen. The David/Callum storyline is one of the worst in living memory, and I can't believe Gail is now married to perhaps the biggest drip the show has ever seen. :eek:
  • Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    I can't believe what a state the Platt family is in.

Whenever the show was poor it could always fall back on the Platts for some good material.

Sarah and Bethany are interchangeable brats. They seem to have pushed the reset button on Sarah's characterisation, what we are seeing now doesn't fit with the life she has supposedly been leading off-screen. The David/Callum storyline is one of the worst in living memory, and I can't believe Gail is now married to perhaps the biggest drip the show has ever seen. :eek:

I agree, Callams got to be the worst character in it, and how did he get past the audition room his actings atrocious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't actually flirting with Nick though, that's just people spinning it on here.

I must admit I only half watch it as I'm always doing something else!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

it like Gail fluttering her eyelashes at Nick :D
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    it like Gail fluttering her eyelashes at Nick :D

Yup. Bethany always wants what others have :o:D:blush:

Are the Platts officially the most dysfunctional family in the whole of soap land :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i heard gail comes in straddling callum in the next episode and beth chucks her down the stairs.
  • JohnDoe14JohnDoe14 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully someone will when she goes to school. Most of the stuff she says isn't banter but is quite offensive or just annoyingly sarcastic, she won't have any friends at least.