Revenge Of The Bin Men - C4 - 9pm Monday 2nd March 2009

2»

Comments

• GlenGlen Posts: 12,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quigglet wrote: »
    Mr Meldrew can't get his own way so he dishes out insults.

He doesn't post on here does he? :D
    What a total case he was, apparently worked as a consultant in a job that he can't tell us about because it didn't officially exist and failed to spot that the docu maker was taking the piss when she asked "was it to do with recycling?" then compared the council guy to the KGB - because he knows the KGB apparently.
    I wonder if he made it to his dentist appointment in time.
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jrio wrote: »
    If all of your rubbish, or the largest proportion of it, ends up elsewhere, it tends to indicate your guilt, as with that particular firm that was highlighted in the programme.

I know but again that's not the point I made. If it can be shown it's a regular occurrence you can build a case. I was referring to the chap whose wife was fined over one bag of rubbish.

They said they didn't do it as they had a bin in the garden. No idea if they did or not but the point is he could be innocent and there's nothing he could do about it.

I should perhaps add that where we are there are no bins at all just a communal pile of black bags. So it's not a case of bins being raided as such. I do know people who claim other people's rubbish gags have appeared outside their house and some who claim theirs has disappeared.
  • jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »
    I know but again that's not the point I made. If it can be shown it's a regular occurrence you can build a case. I was referring to the chap whose wife was fined over one bag of rubbish.

They said they didn't do it as they had a bin in the garden. No idea if they did or not but the point is he could be innocent and there's nothing he could do about it.
    I wasn't thinking of him, but thought he lacked credibility. He struck me as the kind of person that would do it, or his wife, because they didn't think they'd be caught. If he had put all his rubbish in his own bin, how likely is is that some miscreant would steal one bag of it to deposit it a few streets away? In my experience, and my bin is on a main street, you're more likely to get people putting their own cans and fast food detritus into it.
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glen wrote: »
    What a total case he was, apparently worked as a consultant in a job that he can't tell us about because it didn't officially exist and failed to spot that the docu maker was taking the piss when she asked "was it to do with recycling?" then compared the council guy to the KGB - because he knows the KGB apparently.

I wonder if he had a poison capsule in his broken tooth, just in case.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    philoola wrote: »
    Too right.
    Theres actually some valid points that could be raised in a docu about the bins and recycling.
    Unfortunately... C4 decided to get freaks and wierdos for this programme.

A persistent theme in most British TV documentary's these days... people who appear in them are just mocked. A sort of up market version of the Jeremy Kyle show really. I hate British Documentary makers
  • QuiggletQuigglet Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have known a few like him in my time and everyone just takes the pee out of them. A fabricated 007 life that, (oh what a surprise) they can't tell you about. :rolleyes:

Billy Bullsh*t is usually their given name.

He doesn't get that the only people who talk with him and agree with him are people as mental as him. Every other sensible person hides in the hallway and pretends that they are not in! That one bloke must have be ambushed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quigglet wrote: »
    I have known a few like him in my time and everyone just takes the pee out of them. A fabricated 007 life that, (oh what a surprise) they can't tell you about. :rolleyes:

Billy Bullsh*t is usually their given name.

He doesn't get that the only people who talk with him and agree with him are people as mental as him. Every other sensible person hides in the hallway and pretends that they are not in! That one bloke must have be ambushed.

:D Lol. That's the exact term I used as well when I saw him. :cool:

He was so full of it...and talk about distorting the facts! :eek:

I thought that the council guy gave him a fair hearing, he actually asked the guy to clarify what he would do in his (the councilor's) position in regards to the bin policy and he also admitted that the council's publicity could be better.

Then what do we get in return? Billy Bullsh*t going off on a tangent about the KGB and the old Soviet Union! Priceless!
    He couldn't answer a thing that the Council guy asked him. It was hilarious when the council man said that other than Billy's complaint, he had received no others.

Great Show.

Cutting Edge has been really good this series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Did you see the council woman bin nazi in the school teaching the 5 year old kids how to recycle?
    Nothing like catching them young eh?. Wonder what council it was. Nu Labour?
  • Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or isn't that just common sense? ^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you see the council woman bin nazi in the school teaching the 5 year old kids how to recycle?
    Nothing like catching them young eh?. Wonder what council it was. Nu Labour?
    Why was she a "nazi", because she educated people and enforced the rules?

What was wrong with educating kids at school, it seemed a good idea.
    Children are more susceptible to learning new ideas so they are likely to take it on board and do it at home and carry it on later into their life.
    It's easier to teach children than idiots like mr "brick wall" kgb man.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about that chav woman who was shouting out of the window at the bloke checking out the dumped rubbish?

She seemed to care more about her rights to not be filmed (even though she was the one who got their attention by shouting at them like a fish wife) than the rights of others to not have rubbish dump in their area.

That's the type of person who is destroying this country.
  • Flubber.Flubber. Posts: 2,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was just me or did every person who appeared in this programme seem like an extra from one flew over the cuckoo's nest?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    That woman from Lancashire who made the remark about ex miners really annoyed me

I could have stuck her and her attitude in the bin providing it wasn't half sized

any arrogant ex miners from Rotherham working the bins want to give me a hand ?

and as for that refuse truck driver who thought quoting Aristotle showed him to be intelligent , I think he just likes the sound of his own voice

Interesting program with a few not so sane people thrown in for good measure
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about that chav woman who was shouting out of the window at the bloke checking out the dumped rubbish?

She seemed to care more about her rights to not be filmed (even though she was the one who got their attention by shouting at them like a fish wife) than the rights of others to not have rubbish dump in their area.

That's the type of person who is destroying this country.
    She should get out of bed and put some clothes on too!
    I think her first objection was whether he was allowed to look through the bags of rubbish that were dumped in the street.
    Then started f-ing and blinding at the cameraman for filming her making a fool of herself.
    GDW wrote: »
    That woman from Lancashire who made the remark about ex miners really annoyed me

I could have stuck her and her attitude in the bin providing it wasn't half sized

any arrogant ex miners from Rotherham working the bins want to give me a hand ?
    She really needs a slap. They "apparently" came from Rotherham, what did she think it was, an invasion force of ex-miners? Just as well they weren't dwarfs or they would have been jumping out of the bins at night!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flubber. wrote: »
    was just me or did every person who appeared in this programme seem like an extra from one flew over the cuckoo's nest?

I just watched it and thought it was a pliot for some Little Britain/League of Gentlemen type show:D

Frankly, I have much more to worry about than a big lump of plastic that sits outside my house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was shocked at how little the bin men were paid, I was always under the impression they got paid alot! but to have to live off £400 a month is ridiculous!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SlashNX wrote: »
    I was shocked at how little the bin men were paid, I was always under the impression they got paid alot! but to have to live off £400 a month is ridiculous!

Didn't the council make £700 of deductions from his wage every month? That would make a salary of around £17,000 I think.
  • artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £1100 per month. Plus he doesn't recycle, or drive the dustbin lorry safely!!!

Also, got to say that Woman from the Council that went to teh school didn't teach the kids very well. Right at the end of the programme, the kids were "recylcing" at the bins, and 2 girls were putting flattened cardboard boxes......into black plastic bin bags! lol

Kind of defeats the point really!

Anyway, when manufacturers and supermarkets are bollocked and told to stop putting so much pointless packaing on the stuff I buy then I'll do my bit a little bit more. Last night I saw bananas in plastic bags. Why? By a strange quirk of fate, nature gave bananas thier own wrappers!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has to live off £400 because he is paying the council rent arrears and he was taking his council tax into account when coming to that figure.
    artnada wrote: »
    £1100 per month. Plus he doesn't recycle, or drive the dustbin lorry safely!!!
    How did you come to that conclusion, because he said he enjoys getting in people's way?
  • artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has to live off £400 because he is paying the council rent arrears and he was taking his council tax into account when coming to that figure.

How did you come to that conclusion, because he said he enjoys getting in people's way?
    Because he spent alot of time looking at his buddies rather than the road and was taking both hands off the steering wheel, several times, as he was driving.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    and as for that refuse truck driver who thought quoting Aristotle showed him to be intelligent , I think he just likes the sound of his own voice

Spot on !!:D

I was in that film (so thanks for the One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest mention !) I would like to say that that 'refuse driver' does not speak for the rest of us.

We was most disappointed and angry watching the film to see so little of what they had filmed of us on the whole.
    We was told it was going to be about the nicer side of binmen and the problems we face, but instead they chose to make it a 'mockumentary':mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I myself was a bin-man 5 yrs ago and there was a house where an OAP lived he was not able to put out his wheelie bin so he was on our pull out and put back list every week i would go round his back take the wheelie bin empty it and put it back, he had a big X marked on this slab and if the bin was not right in the middle of the X he would complain to my boss!
  • td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That woman who was on "bin patrol" was just unbelievable. Hasn't she got anything better to do with her time?

The words "get out more" applied to almost everyone in this programme. And that pompous guy from Worcestershire council saying he doesn't take the symapathy vote when he fines people was just plain nasty. Typical, cold Southerner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Didn't the council make £700 of deductions from his wage every month? That would make a salary of around £17,000 I think.

Yes that is correct and contrary to popular belief we don't get free council houses and still have to pay council tax !

It's sad and ridiculous that she is being bullied because her father is binman (driver).

They are just using it as an excuse to bully her.

It was set up, they was trying to make us do and say stuff all the time, but some of us wasn't that stupid....:rolleyes:
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

It was set up, they was trying to make us do and say stuff all the time, but some of us wasn't that stupid....:rolleyes:

Oh right, thanks for letting me know.

I appreciate the work refuse collectors do.