Options

OutNow DVD Rental - anyone a member

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just wondering what's going on...

Had confirmation on Monday they had received back my last DVD but didn't get an email to say they'd sent out another one.
Logged into my acccount where there was a message about a glitch sending out emails in error requiring ppl to re-input their account payment details :eek: Obv. ignored that.
Yesterday (24/11) Did a Contact Us email enquiring why I hadn't been sent a DVD - no response
Today cannot bring up theri website at all :mad:

I'm thinking...

(A) Company has been hit by a bug/hackers and they have gone offline to sort it
(B) Company have gone down the £££ tubes and I've lost my subscription monies.

What d'ya think?

Comments

• Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wondering what's going on...

Had confirmation on Monday they had received back my last DVD but didn't get an email to say they'd sent out another one.
    Logged into my acccount where there was a message about a glitch sending out emails in error requiring ppl to re-input their account payment details :eek: Obv. ignored that.
    Yesterday (24/11) Did a Contact Us email enquiring why I hadn't been sent a DVD - no response
    Today cannot bring up theri website at all :mad:

I'm thinking...

(A) Company has been hit by a bug/hackers and they have gone offline to sort it
    (B) Company have gone down the £££ tubes and I've lost my subscription monies.

What d'ya think?

i've never heard of them, just googled them and got a HTTP 404 error message
    i dont know what to suggest, i'm with lovefilm and have never had problems with them
    have you got any contact details any emails from them? ie when you signed up? did you get an email then with any address or phone numbers?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No telephone numbers.

And as I said have so far had no response - nor automatic receipt - from the Contact Us... I tried.

Nothing on Google news yet... Will try again Monday...

I'd have thought if they'd gone bust they could at least have put something on their website and left that up which is why - with the glitch thingy they had mentioned - I wondered if they'd hda a bug/virus attack...

I'm sure I'll find out something at some point...

Bummer :mad:
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No telephone numbers.

And as I said have so far had no response - nor automatic receipt - from the Contact Us... I tried.

Nothing on Google news yet... Will try again Monday...

I'd have thought if they'd gone bust they could at least have put something on their website and left that up which is why - with the glitch thingy they had mentioned - I wondered if they'd hda a bug/virus attack...

I'm sure I'll find out something at some point...

Bummer :mad:

oh dear doesnt sound good unless the website has just gone down for some reason?:confused:
    good luck, hope you get tnings sorted
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I am in the same situation... Let's hope that contacting bank will help, once the credit card is charged...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I had an empire move club account that OutNow ran, just got an email today saying they've ceased to trade :

"
    OUTNOW HOME ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED

It is with regret that we inform you that Outnow Home Entertainment Limited (the Company) has ceased to trade and the process has commenced to place the Company into Creditors' Voluntary Liquidation. The Company also operates Lidl Movies and Empire Movie Club.

The majority of funds from members are collected on a periodic basis, usually monthly in advance, via credit card payments through "Cardnet". Instructions have been provided to Cardnet to cease collecting any future payments to minimise the potential for future payments to be collected from members, as no future services are able to be supplied to the members by the Company. In addition, members should ensure that they cancel all future payments.

Payments from members are currently held by Cardnet for a one month period before being passed from Cardnet to the Company.

Where members have made payment in the last month by credit / debit card, the following process should be followed:

Please contact your credit / debit card company and cancel all future payments to be made, along with the payment made in the previous month. The payment made in the previous month is then likely to be recalled by your credit / debit card company from the Cardnet system by way of a "charge back" and re-credited to your account.

Members, who pay on a periodic basis, where the payment covers a period greater than a month, should follow the process as above for any payments that have been made in the last month, by contacting their credit / debit card company and cancel the payments made in the last month and any future payments.

However, where payments have been made by members that cover a period of greater than one month and that payment has been made over 1 month ago, it is likely that such members will be a "creditor" of the Company; in these circumstances details of your claim should initially be forwarded by email to outnow@leanordcurtis.co.uk indicating your (1) membership number, (2) contact details, (3) the amount paid, (4) the date paid and (5) the period covered by the payment. Once the information has been assessed, members who are considered to have a claim in the liquidation process will be contacted with further information on formally submitting a claim into the insolvent estate.

Members who still hold DVDs should either return the DVD's to the normal return address at:

Outnow
    Unit 9 Lancashire Enterprise Business Park
    Leyland
    PR26 6TZ

Alternatively if the DVD's are retained then the approximate cost of the DVD should be deducted from your potential claim against the Company.

Yours faithfully

Outnow Home Entertainment Limited"

Oh well, was thinking of dropping it over Christmas anyway!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeedy. I got the same email earlier today.

I am now officially a 'creditor' and can put in a claim.

I paid in advance to get three free months HAH !

Ne'er mind it ain't a huge amount and it ain't exactly life threatening...

Prolly shan't take out any other 'in advance' membership any time soon.