Weekly PowerTrip:Task, HM or Public?

cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If there is a weekly Power Trip would you rather they were chosen via a task, via the housemates (previous PT, nominated HM's or whole house etc.) or via a public vote?

Comments

• threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They can do what the heck they like so whomever Pauline picks for the Killer nom. (probably Chris or Jale) then if they survive they get the Power Trip and can pass on the Killer Nom to someone else, heck even the Final pass, which totally contradicts itself, makes it all pointless and nonsensical but the sort of thing BB does :D

Edit: This would actually work brilliantly as they would be scared poopless about who to nominate in case they survived and just to add Pauline should retain the power if her killer nom goes and her final pass still valid with a new killer nom and lose it all if they stay.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see them compete for it in a fair competition. It is immunity after all...

Hopefully the killer nomination and the pass to the final can be reallocated by whoever is the power housemate that week. No free rides.
  • cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the thought of the winner of the tasks getting the PT as this way it'll never be predictable. Although some people think BB may manipulate this, I think if they set the rules from the off (the PT can do X, Y and Z) and don't change it then this series can be very entertaining.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    I'd like to see them compete for it in a fair competition. It is immunity after all...

Hopefully the killer nomination and the pass to the final can be reallocated by whoever is the power housemate that week. No free rides.

I've seen quite a few fms hoping\assuming the killer nomination and pass to the final can be reallocated, as much as the idea appeals to me I can't see it happening.

If they could be reallocated it would simply mean that Pauline had the power to grant Helen immunity for one eviction and automatically put another HM up for one eviction. Whilst that would be fairer, that was not what Bb has said.

The only way out of the situation would be if Helen was given the opportunity to give up her pass to the final (maybe to save another HM from eviction or win some cash, etc) and possibly to give the killer nomination recipient the chance to cancel that nomination by completing some task.
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to open it up to Android if they are keeping up this app vote for power format.

Bet every mobile phone make and land-line provider in Britain will have access when it comes to paying for votes to save.

>:(
  • KarmaKarma Posts: 3,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    If there is a weekly Power Trip would you rather they were chosen via a task, via the housemates (previous PT, nominated HM's or whole house etc.) or via a public vote?

Keep it away from the public. They've ruined every season of BB so far. Except the ones where they got it right. And by right I mean agreed with my point of view. Which is basically the same thing.
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwertyell wrote: »
    Keep it away from the public. They've ruined every season of BB so far. Except the ones where they got it right. And by right I mean agreed with my point of view. Which is basically the same thing.

I concur, but, strangely it was my view & not yours. :D

It is summer & dry. This could be good for BB.

Another riot in London will raise the numbers of IOS7 voters exponentially overnight.
  • cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen quite a few fms hoping\assuming the killer nomination and pass to the final can be reallocated, as much as the idea appeals to me I can't see it happening.

If they could be reallocated it would simply mean that Pauline had the power to grant Helen immunity for one eviction and automatically put another HM up for one eviction. Whilst that would be fairer, that was not what Bb has said.

The only way out of the situation would be if Helen was given the opportunity to give up her pass to the final (maybe to save another HM from eviction or win some cash, etc) and possibly to give the killer nomination recipient the chance to cancel that nomination by completing some task.

I can see BB offering Helen money to leave early but saying it will come off the final prize fund
  • CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will no doubt mix it up so they get what they want
  • LMAOLMAO Posts: 3,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with competeing if it is a weekly thing....something like the American head of house task each week.

I assume the power will be different each week, there would be no point just changing the same ones to different people, they would be meaningless.