American School shootings: Why are the culprits never female?

007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What is it about the American system, that drives young men to carry out their frustrations in this way. Yet, females (young girls) suffer the same, but don't perform such high-level acts of violence in the same manner?

Comments

• ianxianx Posts: 9,190
    Forum Member
    There was the "I Don't Like Mondays" girl.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Testosterone.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ Edited: Doh. I moved too slow.

Tell me why?
    I don't like Mondays.
    Tell me why?
    I don't like Mondays.
    Tell me why?
    I don't like Mondays.
    I want to shoot
    the whole day down.

Thanks to Brenda Spencer, a 16-year-old who shot at kids outside a primary school in the U.S.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    ianx wrote: »
    There was the "I Don't Like Mondays" girl.

One of the most famous ones always the first one I think of when school shootings happen.
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    What is it about the American system, that drives young men to carry out their frustrations in this way. Yet, females (young girls) suffer the same, but don't perform such high-level acts of violence in the same manner?
    Nurture, culture and nature.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    ^^ Edited: Doh. I moved too slow.

Tell me why?
    I don't like Mondays.
    Tell me why?
    I don't like Mondays.
    Tell me why?
    I don't like Mondays.
    I want to shoot
    the whole day down.

Thanks to Brenda Spencer, a 16-year-old who shot at kids outside a primary school in the U.S.

I have watched a few things about her and she seems to change her story to why she did it every time.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    The vast majority of males don't either. It's a very small percentage of the population. Regardless of gender, though more males die from this than females as well, suicide is a far bigger killer of young people and yet gets far less attention because the media.
  • VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Females are simply less violent, more rational, and are more likely to seek help for mental illness & other issues they may be facing than males.
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vulpes wrote: »
    Females are simply less violent, more rational, and are more likely to seek help for mental illness & other issues they may be facing than males.
    Not so sure about that one.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think women in general tend to find it easier to get things off their chest and so don't let negativity fester.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Because it is easier for horny and frustrated teenage girls to get laid than it is for the socially awkward boys.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Men commit more crime.. Women naturally think about their future kids before commiting acts of crime
  • AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I will need to remember that the next time a woman starts telling me about aura fields or Tarot cards or whatever.
    Forum Member
    I will need to remember that the next time a woman starts telling me about aura fields or Tarot cards or whatever.

Typical Pisces. Well one of those star signs anyway.
    Forum Member

I'll remember that the next time I see a horde of hormone-infused girls chasing after a pop band.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    I'll remember that the next time I see a horde of hormone-infused girls chasing after a pop band.

Isn't that the wrong way around? Shouldn't that be disgusting, paedophilic male pop stars chasing after innocent, vulnerable young girls.

I think women probably have more devious, less obvious means of exacting revenge on men, sorry I mean people. I doubt some would even recognise a lack of rationality or mental illness and would view their behaviour as sane and/or justified.

William Congreve, in The Mourning Bride, 1697
    As you'll answer it, take heed
    This Slave commit no Violence upon
    Himself. I've been deceiv'd. The Publick Safety
    Requires he should be more confin'd; and none,
    No not the Princes self, permitted to
    Confer with him. I'll quit you to the King.
    Vile and ingrate! too late thou shalt repent
    The base Injustice thou hast done my Love:
    Yes, thou shalt know, spite of thy past Distress,
    And all those Ills which thou so long hast mourn'd;
    Heav'n has no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn'd,
    Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I doubt that.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When women kill anyone (including themselves) they tend to use guns a lot less than men. They're not big on stabbing either and prefer more indirect/less decisive actions such as poisoning when it comes to murder and overdosing for suicide.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sodavlac wrote: »
    When women kill anyone (including themselves) they tend to use guns a lot less than men.

What's that got to do with it? There'll be other methods of killing people that aren't exactly rational either.
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're more likely to hold on to their rage until they jump off a bridge with their kids or strangle them one by one
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    What's that got to do with it? There'll be other methods of killing people that aren't exactly rational either.

Huh?

We're in a thread asking why females don't go round shooting people in schools.

I'm saying they're statistically less likely to use guns to kill anyone even when they're the type of people who may have it within them to kill, so it stands to reason that they're less likely to use them to shoot people in a school.

Isn't that obvious?
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd rather face a woman clutching tarot cards than an aggressive male psychopath with a shotgun. I suppose that's an irrationsl of mr.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    However you may stand more chance of convincing an aggressive male psychopath not to shoot you than convincing a woman with a pack of tarot cards that she is probably spouting nonsense. :D

The original reply was in relation to someone stating that women were more rational.
  • Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    Women tend to turn depression inwards whereas men are more likely to get angry and turn it outwards.

Having said that someone mentioned the I don't like Mondays girl and obviously there are women killers too so it's possible for women to do as well.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because a rifle represents a realy big penis.
    Women aren't usually fixated on a really big penis. But I am available.