GTD 2012 Semi-Finals shows

Comments

• MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    Hey folks! Fear of the unknown were good. Better than audition. Finalists!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching tonight's show?

I have to say Fear of the Unknown left me a bit cold. I don't think all the make-up helps...

I could sort of appreciate the cleverness of some of the tricks but it didn't move me as a performance
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Fear of the Unknown very entertaining, but there's a little voice inside me asking whether that's more to do with the costumes and makeup than the dancing.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    I'm watching. It's fair to say that I'm addicted to this show. Looking forward to seeing Boudecia :)

The judges look lovely tonight. :)
    Forum Member
    Urban jokers - a bit boring this time?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Urban jokers - a bit boring this time?

Agreed, I love the way Ashley tells it like it is :cool:
    Forum Member
    Luke! I don't know why they put the child contemporary dancers through any more. We get excellent adult ones (16+) now and the kids can't match it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^^^^
    My thoughts exactly. What the hell do the judges see in Luke? Standing ovation? Didn't like him last year and he hasn't grown on me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luke! I don't know why they put the child contemporary dancers through any more. We get excellent adult ones (16+) now and the kids can't match it.

TBH I'm not really sure why they put him through again. He hasn't got the same vulnerability in his performance as last year and he doesn't have the technique of an older dancer. It was all a bit meh for me.

Good news is my three favourite acts from the auditions in this week's semis are still to perform :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that's more like it. Not usually a huge fan of tap but the way Lee integrated the tricks on the steps took it to another level. Plus how cute were those daughters :p
    Forum Member
    Tap guy was good. Worthy of the final but I did feel I'd seen it before. Sapnay: I think we've had better Bollywood acts to be honest.
  • janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,399
    Forum Member
    N X M wrote: »
    Anyone watching tonight's show?

I have to say Fear of the Unknown left me a bit cold. I don't think all the make-up helps...

I could sort of appreciate the cleverness of some of the tricks but it didn't move me as a performance

I agree re Fear of the Unknown. A little bit creepy.

Hoofer - my fav of the night so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love a Hoofer's Song. I prefer his style of tap to Adam's.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed Boadicea, they have an energy I've never seen before from an all-female crew, very tight.

Boadicea and Lee Hoofer to go through for me, no question
    Forum Member
    N X M wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Boadicea, they have an energy I've never seen before from an all-female crew, very tight.

Boadicea and Lee Hoofer to go through for me, no question
    Yep I think the ladies are the best. Potential winners.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got an absolute stand out pair this week. Streets ahead of the others: Boudicia and Fear of the Unknown, for me. I feel sorry for the hoofer, he was fab, but I'm not sure I'd want to see too much.

This series has upped the ante so much!
    Forum Member
    Great performance by Kimberly and crew!!
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    Got an absolute stand out pair this week. Streets ahead of the others: Boudicia and Fear of the Unknown, for me. I feel sorry for the hoofer, he was fab, but I'm not sure I'd want to see too much.

This series has upped the ante so much!
    You called it tally. It's worthy noting that those were the only 2 acts I saw trending on Twitter. Good indicator. Of course if someone fell off the stage that might get Twitter going as well! :D
  • TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Glad Bordicea got through! Voted for them and the Hoofer's Song. Don't really get Fear of the Uknown but they are through.

Hard luck to the Hoofer's song. He was fab.
  • TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Great performance by Kimberly and crew!!

Yep. It was spine-tingling stuff. Excellent!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiron wrote: »
    Glad Bordicea got through! Voted for them and the Hoofer's Song. Don't really get Fear of the Uknown but they are through.

Hard luck to the Hoofer's song. He was fab.

Same here.

Disappointed the Hoofer's Song didn't get through, but really pleased for Boadicea.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Glad Boadicea got through! I'd have liked to have seen A Hoofer's Song go through too, not all that fussed with Fear Of The Unknown to be honest.

Brilliant performance from Kimberly tonight!
  • lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very tough semi I thought! Really liked Fear of the Unkown, shame about Hoofer's Song!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    So happy The Fear made the finals.. :D I love love love them! They are such a dedicated group, totally flawless in their performance.

The street pair were average but we've seen it all before with their type of act (chris & wes and Twist & pulse from BGT).

I felt the music ruined the tap dancing act, he was good though with some very complex moves.

Bollywood group were ok. Luke just doesnt do it for me at all and I dont understand the judges hype with him.

Bodicea messed up the start of their routine and i dont think they were as good as their audition, I think it helped them performing last though. I'm sure they will step up a gear for the final.

Oh and wasn't Kimberly good? :):D a lot better than the routine she did last year!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Felt sorry for hoofer wished he got through, I find fear of the unknown boring, loved their audition but this time round it just left me cold