The Fall: Series Two (UK Pace)

boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,300
Forum Member
✭✭
edited 06/03/22 - 15:29 in UK TV Shows #1
Cannot wait for the new series to hit our screens! Filming commenced back in Feb and much has been promised. With the finale to Series 1 being such a cliffhanger, this series needs to be bigger and even better. I'm hopeful, given the callibre of the cast involved- Gillian Anderson, Jamie Dornan, Bronagh Waugh, Emmett Scanlan etc. that this should be a match for the gripping plot and intensely suspenseful
atmosphere that was delivered last year.

What are you guys expecting from Paul Spector and Stella Gibson this time round?

Comments

• CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was actually hoping for a new storyline, rather then continuing with the same seriel killer.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd never know. We could have a shocking twist like Spector being killed off early in the series and a protégé of some kind continuing his work...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just bought the DVD of series one- quality stuff. Jamie Dornan is a revelation. Charming, subtle, understated...
  • ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bought the DVD of series one- quality stuff. Jamie Dornan is a revelation. Charming, subtle, understated...

Charming like a snake. I was really annoyed he didn't meet a sticky end in Series 1! Not sure I'll continue watching. Some of the sexual violence left a nasty taste.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone have any idea as to when the new series will air?
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Is there any idea of when series two will air?

Really got addicted to The Fall, think I watched the entire series in 2 days - Gillian Anderson and, particularly, Jamie Dornan were brilliant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ffa1 wrote: »
    Charming like a snake. I was really annoyed he didn't meet a sticky end in Series 1! Not sure I'll continue watching. Some of the sexual violence left a nasty taste.

Yes, the sexual violence was quite unsavoury but I think that's what added to the power of the drama.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Colin Morgan has joined the cast list for season 2. He would be perfect as the serial killers protege. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also see that former Fair City star Aoibhin Garrihy has also joined...
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the sexual violence was quite unsavoury but I think that's what added to the power of the drama.

Sexual violence IS unsavoury, so it's a good thing that it wasn't glamorised for the screen!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it that they're gonna pick up at the moment that they left off with- Annie Brawley regaining consciousness.
  • dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has any one got any idea of when the 2nd series is due to start yet?

If I remember rightly - series 1 was shown over the summer (starting late May 2013?) so it's been roughly a year now.
  • Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    I heard 2015 as both the main actors are busy this year. Sometimes it helps to have a year gap.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dronkula wrote: »
    Has any one got any idea of when the 2nd series is due to start yet?

If I remember rightly - series 1 was shown over the summer (starting late May 2013?) so it's been roughly a year now.

I reckon autumn or winter
    Series 2 began filming in late april/early may so i am just estimating
    Or maybe after the new year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=Neil_N;73053838]I heard 2015 as both the main actors are busy this year. Sometimes it helps to have a year gap.[/QUOTE]

They are not that busy as Series 2 has been filming for several weeks now. Production was meant to be around Jan/Feb but they delayed it as Jamie was doing Fifty shades of grey.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    It was originally going to be shown later 2014 at the earliest so we are about on schedule if it is currently being filmed.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, spotted out and about filming in Belfast.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Can someone update this when there's an actual air date?

Some of you are going to be hugely disappointed by series 2, no matter what happens if you're still posting about it well before the air date.
    Series 1, had it's fair share of faults anyway IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting impatient, I need my fix of Spector and co.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone update this when there's an actual air date?

Some of you are going to be hugely disappointed by series 2, no matter what happens if you're still posting about it well before the air date.
    Series 1, had it's fair share of faults anyway IMO.

My main fault with the show was if it had 2/3 extra episodes, everything could of been wrapped up and the second series should of been a new case. I can't see the show going beyond series 2 because you can only go so far with a Cat and Mouse game being played between Jamie and Gillian's characters until it becomes tiring and tedious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if S2 continues where S1 left off, with added twists. And is wrapped up towards the end of S2, leading into a new case for S3. There is no rule that states that everything has to be wrapped up neatly at the end of a series.

In truth, as no-one here knows what was really on the cards, and what the plot developments will be in S2, anything could happen.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Oh dear another round of discussion about something that's a year off.
    Come on there must be something current you'd prefer to discuss surely.
    Anyway I'm off leave you lot to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear another round of discussion about something that's a year off.
    Yes, it passes the time.
    Come on there must be something current you'd prefer to discuss surely.
    Speaking for myself, yes there is. And I do. In other threads.
    Anyway I'm off leave you lot to it.

Keep checking those TV headline then for news of a S2 air date :)
  • ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought series 1 was too violent .. and very prurient about it. Will be avoiding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen worse violence to be honest.
This discussion has been closed.