Celebrities that age terribly

Comments

• Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Michelle Collins

I once saw Michelle do a party trick on TV. She can pull the cheek skin out about three inches. Like elastic.:o

That's her face cheeks, not her udder cheeks. :D
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I agree with this one. It's shocking that he's only 2 years older than David Cameron but looks about a decade older.

I think Mark Owen has aged terribly but it probably doesn't help that Gary, Howard and Jason have all get better with age whereas Mark looks like some sort of ancient goblin nowadays

Didn't he used to be the cute one?
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Didn't he used to be the cute one?

He was certainly the 'cheated on his wife' one.
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »
    I was surprised to learn Nigel Farage is only 50, perhaps he should lay off the booze for a bit.

Someone posted on twitter a few weeks ago saying it was hard to believe Farage was the same age as Keanu Reeves! I had to check, I thought Farage was much older.

The guy who plays Ian Beale hasn't aged well.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D_Peugeot wrote: »
    No, it's because it's utter shit and an hilariously desperate excuse.
    You don't agree with me, that's fine. Move on with your life.

I say yes. Lets just leave it though.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I agree with this one. It's shocking that he's only 2 years older than David Cameron but looks about a decade older.

I think Mark Owen has aged terribly but it probably doesn't help that Gary, Howard and Jason have all get better with age whereas Mark looks like some sort of ancient goblin nowadays

I was shocked to see him in the SCD final.

I wonder if he's having health problems because his face has really changed since I last saw him. :(
  • Options
    D_PeugeotD_Peugeot Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I say yes. Lets just leave it though.

I never mentioned wrinkles. You got angry at something that wasn't even highlighted. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone posted on twitter a few weeks ago saying it was hard to believe Farage was the same age as Keanu Reeves! I had to check, I thought Farage was much older.

The guy who plays Ian Beale hasn't aged well.

Keanu is immortal though. :o

http://guardianlv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Keanu-Reeves-Is-He-Immortal-650x331.jpg
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was shocked to see him in the SCD final.

I wonder if he's having health problems because his face has really changed since I last saw him. :(

Didn't he claim to be an alkie when caught with his pants down??
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To me, celebs that are ageing "terribly" are just people who are ageing "averagely", who perhaps would be ageing terribly if they didn't have access to all the best treatments. Or those who have decided to let nature take its course.

Off the top of my head:

Sia
    Angelina Jolie
    The blonde one from Abba looks much older than the brunette despite being younger
    Jamie Oliver
  • Options
    pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tara Para thingy doesn't look too good these days.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, years of hard livin' have taken their toll on the dear ol' Strolling Bones, what!

Still, at least they've aged naturally without resorting to ridiculous attempts at cosmetic surgery and good for them!

We're all getting older, btw. That does mean, all of us. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never mentioned wrinkles. You got angry at something that wasn't even highlighted. :D

I wasn't angry at all. I wasn't going to reply, but just thought I'd correct that.
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Well, years of hard livin' have taken their toll on the dear ol' Strolling Bones, what!

Still, at least they've aged naturally without resorting to ridiculous attempts at cosmetic surgery and good for them!

We're all getting older, btw. That does mean, all of us. ;-)

People say the Stones look bad, but for their age they look remarkably well preserved, especially in terms of physical fitness. I think people compare them to younger performers - if you compare them to people of the same age they look fine.
  • Options
    MichPlatMichPlat Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Macaulay Culkin looks like an old man. He's aged terrible!

At the same time though , Lulu looks younger now than she did 50 years ago .
    How does that work ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    People say the Stones look bad, but for their age they look remarkably well preserved, especially in terms of physical fitness. I think people compare them to younger performers - if you compare them to people of the same age they look fine.

Especially when you consider the amount of substance abuse they were involved in.
  • Options
    bonpennybonpenny Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    What does aging terribly even mean? We all age eventually. Get over it....

Yo! :)
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claire King, the actress currently on Coronation Street. Only 51, but looks terrible with this weird stretched face that looks like it's been badly administered with too much Botox.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    Claire King, the actress currently on Coronation Street. Only 51, but looks terrible with this weird stretched face that looks like it's been badly administered with too much Botox.

I've seen better looking 51-year-old women. I think she looks closer to 60.
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well she has been known to take a dodgy pic in the past, but take a look at the Sunday Mirror online today for a pic of Richard and Judy… him looking as dapper and well dressed as ever and HER in her PJS and slippers.. heading to a pub !!! It has the look of a man who has been out searching for his poor old mum who has dementia and who has just found her wandering in her night clothes !!!
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    Well she has been known to take a dodgy pic in the past, but take a look at the Sunday Mirror online today for a pic of Richard and Judy… him looking as dapper and well dressed as ever and HER in her PJS and slippers.. heading to a pub !!! It has the look of a man who has been out searching for his poor old mum who has dementia and who has just found her wandering in her night clothes !!!

I like Judy and dislike much of what is said about her, but I've got to agree with you on that point. :(
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Judy and dislike much of what is said about her, but I've got to agree with you on that point. :(

The difference in years between them is definitely beginning to show these days. She just looks like a tired, flabby, old woman while he's generally quite decent looking for a man nearly 59. It reminds me of when I went out with a woman of 40 when I was 24. She'd be 64 now whilst I'm 48. I don't think it would've worked out long term.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    The difference in years between them is definitely beginning to show these days. She just looks like a tired, flabby, old woman while he's generally quite decent looking for a man nearly 59. It reminds me of when I went out with a woman of 40 when I was 24. She'd be 64 now whilst I'm 48. I don't think it would've worked out long term.

You would have killed her with your charm.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I feel awful for saying it but that's a really accurate description of Judy of late. I've no probs with someone dressing to please themselves but she just looks like she's totally given up.

I don't think she's well.
  • Options
    toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cigarettes and alcohol are certainly a sure fire way of adding on the years.

Cigarettes, alcohol and the Sun, all age the skin terribly. You can kind of get away with doing Cigs and booze to excess during your 20's and 30's but from the age of 40 onwards the skin is very telling if you do either.

I once meet a guy who chain smoked and he showed me a picture of himself just 5 years earlier - It was unbelievable to see the difference in both skin and hair!