Options

Level is not as good as last year !

nicola001nicola001 Posts: 8,102
Forum Member
With the likes of Alexandra, JLS, Ruth, Laura etc .... i new last years would be hard to beat and so far i honestly think the level is far lower this year:cool:

Maybe its just me but im not enjoying it as much as last year but im sure i will enjoy tomorros show as i CANNOT WAIT for Alex's performance :D !

Comments

• Options
    Fit TuckerFit Tucker Posts: 1,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree
  • Options
    ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree but it is only the first week.
  • Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to disagree... but thinking about who was in it last year you are right. There has been nobody who stood out tonight... at all. This show hit its stride in 2005 and 2006 then has just gone downhill since.
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    I disagree

people are thinking of the good later rounds of last year, and not how the actual first show was

I thought it was a very competent start, in that almost all the acts were average and listenable...but no standout performances.

even Danyl who Simon seems to want to rave about picked a dull song IMO, and only saved it with the last note.

knowing DigitalSpy most posters will claim it was the 'worst show ever' though, completely forgetting such horror shows such as 'Disco Week' in Leon's year.
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    What? You lot must be listening to a different show. I can hardly remember any of the acts last year and wasn't bothered if I was out and missed it.

This lot (with one or two exceptions) are fantastic. Great talent. I think there is more than one potential star here that will get record deals.
  • Options
    josh1512josh1512 Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tonights show was better than last years opener. i wasnt expecting tonights to be as good as what it was. stop comparing acts. i see everyone always compares big voice like ruth and laura! ffs its not about how loud an artist can sing. stop complaining you ownly complain for the sake of it. if no one really likes it or if i did not like i would turn off. i would not sit here and whinge about it, like an idiot!
  • Options
    SuperwombleSuperwomble Posts: 4,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What? You lot must be listening to a different show. I can hardly remember any of the acts last year and wasn't bothered if I was out and missed it.

This lot (with one or two exceptions) are fantastic. Great talent. I think there is more than one potential star here that will get record deals.

Totally agree.

I actually feel sorry for the majority of the acts this year, because the standard is so much higher all round. I think a number of these acts would have beaten Alexandra Burke hands down.