Options

Tina O'Brien in Waterloo Road

MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well, it has been announced that Tina O'Brien has been offered a role in Waterloo Road.

She was considering going back into corrie, but after a terrible row were her partner who plays Jason Grimshaw in Corrie which destroyed their relationship, she has reconsidered.

I am sure that she will be a great asset to Waterloo Road which seems to be getting better with every episode.

Cant wait!!! :D:D:D

Comments

• Options
    richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a teacher or a pupil ?

Tina could still pass for a 15 year old which is a bit worrying for us pervy lechers.
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a teacher or a pupil ?

Tina could still pass for a 15 year old which is a bit worrying for us pervy lechers.

so she would be perfect as a "gym-slip" mum if the need arises
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    she's gotta be a pupil she looks younger than most of the 6th formers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she'll be a pupil.

Jenna-Louise Coleman is 21/22 and plays a 16/17 year old on the show.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    She's 26, and Jenna-Louise Coleman (Emmerdale's Jasmine) who joined last series is 23 and played a pupil. Waterloo Road is not unknown for Dawson Casting.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    She's 26, and Jenna-Louise Coleman (Emmerdale's Jasmine) who joined last series is 23 and played a pupil. Waterloo Road is not unknown for Dawson Casting.

On the subject of "Dawson Casting" it made me smile that to make the principle stars look younger, the extras appearing as classmates, often just in the background of scenes, looked as if they were in their early twenties,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What i want to know is why so many ex corrie stars end up in Waterloo Road
  • Options
    tvhonourtvhonour Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »

Well seeing as Corrie is filmed in Manchester and Waterloo Road in Rochdale - it makes sense, with the whole "local" feel to some characters. Its only like EastEnders stars ending up in The Bill. Plus Brian Park (producer of Shed Productions who make WR) used to work on Corrie.
  • Options
    Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    tvhonour wrote: »
    Well seeing as Corrie is filmed in Manchester and Waterloo Road in Rochdale - it makes sense, with the whole "local" feel to some characters. Its only like EastEnders stars ending up in The Bill. Plus Brian Park (producer of Shed Productions who make WR) used to work on Corrie.

He had a brain hemorage recently
  • Options
    Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    On the subject of "Dawson Casting" it made me smile that to make the principle stars look younger, the extras appearing as classmates, often just in the background of scenes, looked as if they were in their early twenties,

Are the background pupils real teenagers?
  • Options
    ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a good actress on corrie. Let's hope they don't make her character a bully.
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »

Waterloo is the new Casualty of the North
  • Options
    dream stuffingdream stuffing Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the name of the character Tina is playing in Waterlo Road?! :)
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the name of the character Tina is playing in Waterlo Road?! :)
    it's Bex/Becky

Her character is currently missing, she left home after fighting with her mummy.
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Has this not aired yet people seem to have been talking about it for ages lol
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there was a flashback of her but thats it so far
  • Options
    dream stuffingdream stuffing Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeham wrote: »
    it's Bex/Becky

Her character is currently missing, she left home after fighting with her mummy.

Oh right, that's real interesting to know! :)

May-be Tina won't be a School-girl then as I get the impression Bex/Becky is older than Jess!
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    She's coming into it episode 10
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right, that's real interesting to know! :)

May-be Tina won't be a School-girl then as I get the impression Bex/Becky is older than Jess!

There's been no suggestion of police involvement so she apparently is of legal age to care for herself.