TV Flops You Remember

Comments

• SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Bonekickers - it was strangely enjoyable because it was so bad :D

There was a drama in the 80s (early 90s maybe) about customs officers. I used to enjoy that, but I can't remember what it was called.
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone remember Honey for Tea with Felicity Kendall?
    And how about All Quiet along the Watchtower,about an RAF early warning station somewhere in Scotland.Both so unfunny it was incredible they lasted for more than one episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Don't Tell Father. Frigging awful sitcom with Caroline Quentin and Tony Britton.

Breaking the Waves (I think) - It had Trevor from Eastenders in it. ITV never even showed the whole series.

Crime Traveller.

I remember the Brighton Belles and the Golden Palace. Both terrible.

Babes in the wood with Denise Van Pregnant.

Agree with Bonekickers - should have been good but was badly written and plotted.
  • CanonMan75CanonMan75 Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    keith chegwins naked jungle i seem to remember there was alot of flopping on that

Very little in Keith's case, though :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laura and Disorder
  • ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunburn.
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Westbeach. this was filmed in Eastbourne and was considered for a long running twice weekly drama if it took off. It didnt. I think it was axed after one series of 10 episodes.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bill
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shane with Frank Skinner. Apparently, there's an entire second series of the taxi driver sitcom lying unbroadcast in the ITV vaults.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane with Frank Skinner. Apparently, there's an entire second series of the taxi driver sitcom lying unbroadcast in the ITV vaults.

i think it was shown on paramount comedy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    One show that I really liked but flopped very badly in the ratings was "Cape Wrath"

The first series ended very bizarrely and we never found out what happened as there was no second series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Night and Day was one of the best soaps ever. I was gutted when they cancelled it.

Garth Merenghi's Darkplace should have been a hit for channel 4 but was scuppered by a terrible timeslot and lack of promotion by the network. It was a fantastic spoof of supernatural 80's action tv shows!
  • Rab CRab C Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was that terrible ITV drama that had Roy Kinnear in which was taken off air mid series when he died and the remaining episodes never broadcast even though entire series had been recorded pre death ?
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Westbeach. this was filmed in Eastbourne and was considered for a long running twice weekly drama if it took off. It didnt. I think it was axed after one series of 10 episodes.

Yes,I remember that,quite enjoyed it too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellington starring Chris Ellison, I really liked it but ITV had other ideas.
  • deanieboydeanieboy Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueplast wrote: »
    Don't Tell Father. Frigging awful sitcom with Caroline Quentin and Tony Britton.

Breaking the Waves (I think) - It had Trevor from Eastenders in it. ITV never even showed the whole series.

Crime Traveller.

I remember the Brighton Belles and the Golden Palace. Both terrible.

Babes in the wood with Denise Van Pregnant.

Agree with Bonekickers - should have been good but was badly written and plotted.

I used to love that programme!! I'm sure if I watched it now I would cringe though!!

Other flops I loved were:

Night & Day

Eyes Down (starring Paul O'Grady/Sheridan Smith - set in a Liverpool bingo hall)

Can't think of any more off the top of my head at the moment...there are many more though!!
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harbour Lights, dire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Making Waves ITV 2004
    Monkey Trousers ITV 2005
    Paris CH4 1994
    Bottle boys ITV mid 1980's
    Teenage Kicks ITV 2008
  • wsmansemwsmansem Posts: 1,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much EVERY British sit-com apart from The Office obviously :)
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    Can't believe we've got this far into the thread and nobody has mentioned "World Idol"

masterminded by Simon Fuller, with judges from around the world (including Cowell) and big name winners such as Will Young and Kelly Clarkson...it was a complete flop.

largely due to being on Xmas day (where ITV gets poor ratings) and also it may have worked better as a 4 week mini-series (as you'd get to know the acts better)
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Harry, a detective show starring Michael Elphick. I watched it religiously because it was filmed in Darlington. It was rubbish though

Others I loved but flopped were Eldorado and Sunburn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    jarryhack wrote: »
    Harry, a detective show starring Michael Elphick. I watched it religiously because it was filmed in Darlington. It was rubbish though

Others I loved but flopped were Eldorado and Sunburn.

I thought Sunburn was a ratings success?? Didn't it run for two or three seasons?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rab C wrote: »
    What was that terrible ITV drama that had Roy Kinnear in which was taken off air mid series when he died and the remaining episodes never broadcast even though entire series had been recorded pre death ?

Hardwicke House
  • stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Shattered with Dermot O Leary

Or that reallity TV show, Space Cadets with Johnny Vaughan
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Soz to repeat some already mentioned

Day and night
    Bionic woman
    Rock rivals (loved this show, gutted it got axed)