Double eviction tonight according to Abigails twitter

Comments

• tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    He definitely said "one contestant" will leave the show - I've just watched my Sky+ to be sure.

In that case I'm sure that if two are eliminated instead and one of them is a perceived favourite there will be a huge outcry and the Ofcom lines will melt into smoldering bits of insulation.

Which could be exactly why they do it...
  • dontyougetitdontyougetit Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    All speculation. Anyone could say "this and that MAY happen".

sure,,, we will all find out in two hours
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    He definitely said "one contestant" will leave the show - I've just watched my Sky+ to be sure.

Well then there's only one going. Dunno where this speculation has sprung from.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,525
    Forum Member
    Not their rules, the telephone vote rules that ALL shows have to comply with.

BB always told us before the vote opened how many would be leaving. They DID change the rules as to how many when it suited them, but we always knew what we were voting for.

One week i'm pretty sure they decided midweek it would be a double instead of a single.

Even so, I could still see them changing it if they feel like it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    babyboi!!! wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/inside__man

Its a bit weird she hasnt posted any spoilers today - maybe she doesnt know? Maybe guessing every wk?

Or there may be a crack down security wise

If it was me passing on the info in previous weeks, I might just be the smallest bit paranoid now that i'm being watched like a hawk this week after Aiden telling the whole country about a voting leak!
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually BB did suddenly announce midweek that it was a double eviction once. It was a single eviction until Mikey overtook Susie in the vote and they changed the rules so they could get rid of her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So where is the bottom two, as supposedly mentioned on that twitter that were supposed to have been posted last night?

Clearly, the situation being now so difficult to predict since this twitter has made this impossible.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    I really hope Wagner isn't in the bottom 3 this week then :(
  • tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    Well then there's only one going. Dunno where this speculation has sprung from.

Evidently from the same person who had Paije going home last Sunday.
  • TheBlueOneTheBlueOne Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The vital difference here is that in Big Brother you are voting to evict, not to save. In X-Factor you are voting for your favourite act. If it was vote to evict, then Katie would pretty much get 99% of the public votes.

Here they can say at the start of the show "Tonight will be a double elimination. Lines are still open... call for your favourite act if you want to see them next week. And here they all are performing Heroes, the charity single out now!!!!!!!" And then it complies with all of the rules.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wagner fans please vote. Don't be complacent. Wagner to win!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know exactly what the rules are but I can't see why single/double elimination should make a difference to the way people vote. You are still voting to keep your favourite(s) in the competition.

Yes, but you may choose to vote for more than one person if two are going rather than one.

I can't remember exactly, but I read the rules governing telephone voting that came out after the last scandal (not on x factor, it was a beeb show, can't remember which one) and I seem to remember something about having to say exactly what you were voting for. IE - vote to save or vote to evict, how many you were voting to evict/save etc etc.

I could be wrong of course. I guess if they change it to a double tonight then I'm wrong and remembering incorrectly. Which frankly, isnt beyone the realms of possibility with my memory :D
  • Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X Factor voting terms
    Voting results:

The outcome of the vote will be shown in the programme on ITV.

Each week, at the discretion of ITV or the producer:

· - the act(s) with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated from the competition, with the next two or more acts with the lowest number of votes to face the judges; or
    · - the act(s) with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated from the competition; or
    · - the two or more acts with the lowest number of votes will face the judges; or any other combination of eliminations based on the public vote and/or the judges’ decision will apply.

In each case, the elimination format, and any specific terms relating to that week’s elimination, will be announced in the applicable on-air interaction information.

Surely that has to be done on LAST night's show.
    Hmm I think they'd be on dodgy ground, there would be an avalanche of complaints to OFCOM, I know Cowell can do what he wants pretty much, but the fact Dermot clearly said ONE last night, it smacks of them changing rules based on what they've seen of how voting is going. Very, very dodgy IMO
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way they could do a double tonight is closing the lines straight away, eliminating an act and then re-opening the lines with all previous votes voided. That wasy, they could get away with a double.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary said on the radio earlier in the week it was going to be a double this week and next week didnt she? That maybe gives it a bit more credence.
  • lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member

Technically, even if they chucked out 5 of them, one of them would have left (plus 4 more) :p I know what you mean though, just playing Devil's advocate ;)
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im pretty sure it wont be a double evicition, simply for the fact that by not announcing it earlier, the Simon Cowell cash machine would be LOSING money. If people knew it was a double eviction you would be more inclined give multiple votes for your favorites as you would know there would be a bigger risk of them leaving. Of course, they could still announce it at the start of the show, but they would still have lost 24 hours of "extra vote" money which people may have done.

However much they might hate Wagner and use this to get rid of him. they want the viewing publics money more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovecat86 wrote: »
    Technically, even if they chucked out 5 of them, one of them would have left (plus 4 more) :p I know what you mean though, just playing Devil's advocate ;)

I'm sure they could have a double if they wanted. If they do then tonight will be even more unpredictable.

I like it. :D
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    there should be a double elimination !
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not their rules, the telephone vote rules that ALL shows have to comply with.

BB always told us before the vote opened how many would be leaving. They DID change the rules as to how many when it suited them, but we always knew what we were voting for.

They didn't in one BB7 eviction.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here are some more exclusives from my inside source:

The contestants may sing their group song live.
    Cheryl may say something constructive and helpful.
    The audience may act mature and not scream everytime 1 Direction are on stage
    Simon may not act like a complete tosser
    Wagner may sing in tune

Or none of it may happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    This could be because Wagner is in the bottom 3 and they want rid of him or it could be because two of the fav acts are in the bottom 3 and while they would have to get rid of one of them the other would then have a lot more people voting for them next week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's a double, Matt and Rebecca (who I can see floating near bottom 2) may be in danger :eek:
  • oxfordruseoxfordruse Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know exactly what the rules are but I can't see why single/double elimination should make a difference to the way people vote. You are still voting to keep your favourite(s) in the competition.

My gosh, Helena Handcart is a rare sight on The X Factor forum: a voice of reason. :)

I really do wonder why some people seem to think 'entitlement first, common sense second'. If you've voted, why does it make one iota of difference if two people go tonight instead of one person? You're invited to vote for whom you'd like to KEEP in the competition. Indeed, this 'twist' would mean that, if you get your wish and the person for whom you've voted stays, you'll have advanced them even further in the competition than you expected!

The reason I like 'The X Factor' voting so much more than, say, 'Big Brother' voting is that you're encouraged to focus on the contestant you most admire. As long as that person remains safe, what else matters?

...Unless you're one of those few people who engineer a vote to 'evict' by calling the number of every contestant but one. Which means you should probably get out more, in any case.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would surely be a matter for Ofcom : they announced a single eviction last night and have had 24 hours of voting since then based on that.