Options

PA to put Junior on Stage on his Tour

Comments

• Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amber43 wrote: »
    For myself and IMO if anyone is concerned about the use of children on stage or child protection rights then why on earth don't you call social services and make your complaint there and see how that goes and let us know. We can all presume how they are going to turn out but it hasn't happened as ever:)

I think most of us are rational enough to realise that if Social Services are struggling to prevent the deaths of children at the hands of their "parents" those kids are not going to be high on their list.

However, that doesn't mean it is right for them to be used as commodities and accessories by the people who should have their best interest at heart, not their own finances and "careers".
  • Options
    MuttsnuttsMuttsnutts Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darling wrote: »
    Spot on. I don't remember any criticism of the Spice Girls doing the same thing. It seems to be just Pete's children some people have a problem with.

Yes and hasn't Mel B done a reality show which featured her kids? And how disgusted are you lot about Will Smith? His daughter was in a film with him. Tut Tut. And does singing.
    And how many people have had 4 top ten albums but aren't pop stars? Count them. Who would you pick on if Pete disappeared?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=artlesschaos;45894380]I think most of us are rational enough to realise that if Social Services are struggling to prevent the deaths of children at the hands of their "parents" those kids are not going to be high on their list.

However, that doesn't mean it is right for them to be used as commodities and accessories by the people who should have their best interest at heart, not their own finances and "careers".[/QUOTE]

There's a suggestion in itself isn't it questioning others rationality:)(and again very patronisising in itself put your money (and that's general not you) where your mouth is and complain to the very highest authority where it could count) My point is if anyone wants to complain about chilld protectionand highlight that this is an issue there are outlets along with this forum if anyone was truly serious about it and wanted to do something they could and would:)
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    The thing im most shocked about is Peter seems to have sold out the 02 Arena- didn't he single and album both flop hard?

People will still buy into to it all and fancy him, even if his music isn't up to scratch :D
  • Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was happy enough when KP announced she wanted the kids to take a back seat in her show, the problem i have with PA is all he goes on about is what a WONDERFUL father he is!! "look how wonderful i am!! I SO love my kids"!!!! well in my world that is NO BIG DEAL, all the men in my life are wonderful fathers, my Dad, my Hubby, my brother, my bro-in-law, AND all my friends husbands, so Pete is no big deal!!! he expects to be applauded for doing his damn JOB as a father!!
  • Options
    NewBallsPleaseNewBallsPlease Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    Just goes to show you can't believe the charts any more;)
    Arena's don't lie.

A 2 minute search of any combination of 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 tickets for the O2 13th December show in any section shows there are plenty still available.

It's not sold out.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes and hasn't Mel B done a reality show which featured her kids? And how disgusted are you lot about Will Smith? His daughter was in a film with him. Tut Tut. And does singing.
    And how many people have had 4 top ten albums but aren't pop stars? Count them. Who would you pick on if Pete disappeared?

LOL. How is grasping desperately at other celebs' behaviour a justification for or relevant to PA's actions here? It has already been clarified by a number of people on here, myself included, that in isolation, there's absolutely nothing wrong (IMO of course) with kids' making an appearance in their celebrity parents' endeavours.

It's doesn't matter if Junior is only on stage for 5 seconds, or if he appears on a pre-filmed screen! The whole point with PA is that he has no real career outside of flogging himself and his family for attention and money. That's why this is pitiful.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think any celebs that **** put their children are a disgrace. It just doesn't come up in topic everyday. It certainly get's mentioned though, ie Recently Wags and footballers, and selling their privacy ;) It isn't only pointed out because PA is doing it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was his son, and he would have been at least paid and protected by the child actors regulations. There has been a thread on here about his children.

I am not a big fan of child popstars no matter who their parents are, so few of them sustain any kind of career after the event, and their are many who don't come through the "fame to lame" experience unscathed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    I think any celebs that **** put their children are a disgrace. It just doesn't come up in topic everyday. It certainly get's mentioned though, ie Recently Wags and footballers, and selling their privacy ;) It isn't only pointed out because PA is doing it :D

Neither is it a new thing - I have said the same since Kp, and latterly Pa, were selling Harvey every week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    LOL. How is grasping desperately at other celebs' behaviour a justification for or relevant to PA's actions here? It has already been clarified by a number of people on here, myself included, that in isolation, there's absolutely nothing wrong (IMO of course) with kids' making an appearance in their celebrity parents' endeavours.

It's doesn't matter if Junior is only on stage for 5 seconds, or if he appears on a pre-filmed screen! The whole point with PA is that he has no real career outside of flogging himself and his family for attention and money. That's why this is pitiful.

Grasping desperately? Bit of an exaggeration?
    You're saying having kids is his career? I don't think it is. I think his career is singer & tv presenter. I also think the shows he does that don't feature his kids are more interesting.
    And Willow Smith is now a famous singer herself with her own website. Hardly isolated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deflecting away from PA, using other examples of celebrities does not strengthen your argument that what PA is doing is OK.

I am sorry but if you need to use your son for publicity, you have become a very sad individual.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldiloks wrote: »
    deflecting away from PA, using other examples of celebrities does not strengthen your argument that what PA is doing is OK.

I am sorry but if you need to use your son for publicity, you have become a very sad individual.

That's where our opinions differ. You think he's using him & 'whoring' him out, to use someone else's description. I don't really see it that way. And I don't think PA see's it that way. He hasn't got him recording like Michael Jackson's dad had at the same age.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grasping desperately? Bit of an exaggeration?
    You're saying having kids is his career? I don't think it is. I think his career is singer & tv presenter. I also think the shows he does that don't feature his kids are more interesting.
    And Willow Smith is now a famous singer herself with her own website. Hardly isolated.

No exaggeration. Pure deflection.

Will and Jada Smith are billionaires from their careers - Will obviously more so than her - they are not dependant upon their kids to either get attention or earn money. Had you used the Lohans as an example, then that at least would have made some sense - there's a family that shows the damage desperate media whoring parents can do to their kids. But they stlll have nothing to do with the subject matter here - a fading reality tv 'personality' who uses his kids to try and maintain interest in him in the absence of any real talent or career.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    No exaggeration. Pure deflection.

Will and Jada Smith are billionaires from their careers - Will obviously more so than her - they are not dependant upon their kids to either get attention or earn money. Had you used the Lohans as an example, then that at least would have made some sense - there's a family that shows the damage desperate media whoring parents can do to their kids. But they stlll have nothing to do with the subject matter here - a fading reality tv 'personality' who uses his kids to try and maintain interest in him in the absence of any real talent or career.

Whatever you say. ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think it's ok to put your kid on stage as long as you're rich, you go ahead. I think the principle is the same whether you're rich or poor. Same thing you're doing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you think it's ok to put your kid on stage as long as you're rich, you go ahead. I think the principle is the same whether you're rich or poor. Same thing you're doing.

And still missing the point!

Never mind, I understand. Desperate measure for desperate times. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think that is what Lexi said, and I think it is fairly obvious what she meant.

Still, if it allows you to avoid the point that the Smith children will be working under the protection of the law, with a contract and a salary of their own, whereas the Andre-Pwice children are just used as baggage and accessories to their parents, carry on.

Using your children for gain is wrong. However rich or poor you are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What lexi22 is saying is Pete is relying on Junior for attention & money. I don't agree. How many people are going to go 'Well, I would never have gone to PA's concert, but I've just read Junior is going to do something, don't know what, but hey, I'm getting a ticket now!'
    I don't think so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BReal2 wrote: »
    Why can no topic ever stick to just Peter? Whenever he's mentioned people drag Katie's name into it to prove he's not the only publicity hungry one. It happens on threads about Katie too but you get jumped on quicker if you insult PA in a KP thread then if you insult KP in a PA thread

Dont forget that David Beckham was also mentioned:D:D and poor Ms. Beaney who has only shown her children a couple of times:rolleyes:
  • Options
    darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    What lexi22 is saying is Pete is relying on Junior for attention & money. I don't agree. How many people are going to go 'Well, I would never have gone to PA's concert, but I've just read Junior is going to do something, don't know what, but hey, I'm getting a ticket now!'
    I don't think so.

You're right. Absolutely spot on. Either it's not a problem to involve the children or it is. The argument here seems to be that if someone doesn't like the parent in question or value what he or she does then it's obviously wrong and no-one would be interested if the child wasn't there.

I dislike football but I don't suggest that people are only at Beckham's matches because his children are also sometimes there or went to the Spice Girls concerts because Cruz did a dance! It would be ridiculous to suggest anything of the sort. :D
  • Options
    darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Amber43 wrote: »
    For myself and IMO if anyone is concerned about the use of children on stage or child protection rights then why on earth don't you call social services and make your complaint there and see how that goes and let us know. We can all presume how they are going to turn out but it hasn't happened as ever:)

No-one will try that because they know they'd get short shrift from social services - and rightly so.

They'd get a polite version of jog on pal, if they were lucky. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're right. Absolutely spot on. Either it's not a problem to involve the children or it is. The argument here seems to be that if someone doesn't like the parent in question or value what he or she does then it's obviously wrong and no-one would be interested if the child wasn't there.

I dislike football but I don't suggest that people are only at Beckham's matches because his children are also sometimes there or went to the Spice Girls concerts because Cruz did a dance! It would be ridiculous to suggest anything of the sort. :D

Pa sells his life for publicity. Pa uses his kids as "product enhancers", when he is the product. This is wrong. That child is going to grow up with a very warped view of himself and his abilities. He is already growing up without privacy and with two parents who will seemingly do nearly anything to stay in the spotlight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one will try that because they know they'd get short shrift from social services - and rightly so.

They'd get a polite version of jog on pal, if they were lucky. :D

yes probably, I don't get what about the poor misguided kids how they could possibly turn out in the future. None of this has happened yet as ever and if they turn out 'screwed' who could apportion blame to the father or mother or both nobody knows. But if there was a serious intention and concern about those children and their vulnerabilty, I'm sure there would be at least a pettition or something to stop it happening. I'll wait for a link to sign up to:)
  • Options
    Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It depends how exactly they are used.

If the kids are deployed as a product in their own right, but have no real talent for anything and are very young - like Junior and Princess - then yes, it's wrong IMO. If Will Smith's child has a talent for acting and singing and has an agent and people who will look after her interests properly, I see no reason why she shouldn't be in the business.

The two cases are vastly different.