Masterchef Australia the new one starts today

Comments

• SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Masterclass programme was fantastic tonight. They were all having a wonderful time and it was so entertaining to watch.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a lot of fun! And I normally get bored with the Masterclass episodes. They all seem to get on well and seem to be relaxed around each other, it was really nice to see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hilarious! Gary and George were brilliant, I have to say, I think Matt should have been there!

Really enjoyed the banter, the good natured 'family' feel.

Not what I was expecting at all, and I feel so sad that it all end tomorrow!

May the best man win!
  • fonzerellifonzerelli Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My folks are coming round for dinner so the Sky+ is all set to record the finale! Will be watching it as soon as they leave!!!!

Rooting for Adam but hope it's a good contest!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Last night was hilarious, I really enjoyed it. And to think I nearly didn't watch it as it was a masterclass!

There mickey-taking of the contestants was classis, so much fun. Cannot imagine John and Gregg doing that on the UK one ;)

I will definitely be trying Alvin's Drunken & Bruised, looked very tasty and more importantly do-able!.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just found julie's cookbook in the sale at whsmiths

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=9781741669688

£15.75
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Last nights show was so lovely, my favourite of the whole series. I was amazed Marion wasn't asked to do a masterclass recipe or Aaron or Johnwo, I beat there's fierce competition between them all behind the scenes.

I loved the way they all had a banquet at the end too, so good natured, and fitting! :)
  • sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know that part of the big prize is to publish your own cookbook, but I'd love it if they published a book with a receipe from each of the contestants, plus a couple from Gary and George.
  • Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunnymeg wrote: »
    I know that part of the big prize is to publish your own cookbook, but I'd love it if they published a book with a receipe from each of the contestants, plus a couple from Gary and George.

That's a really good idea. I'd probably buy it.
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not watched last night and didn't realise it was a masterclass. Relieved as the hubby and I have thoroughly enjoyed this series and don't want it to end. Never thought they'd be a day when my dear man couldn't wait to watch a TV show!

PS to the FM who found Julie's cookbook, I've tried a few recipes and think my oven must be very different to those in Australia? The ingredients for the chocolate pots had enough quantity for double that and my cakes need a lot more cooking time than recommended. Good BBQ suggestions and the lemon diva cakes are scrumptious.
  • sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so going to miss the theme music. Does anyone know what it is?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved this series, just as much as the first, I'm going to miss it! I really hope there are more series in the future

:]
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member

:eek: Seriously? I have to mute the TV for the credits!
  • fonzerellifonzerelli Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i think it's a made up song for the show. i've searched the lyrics and can't find anything
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    I just hope I'm not going to be massively disappointed with tonight's outcome....that's all I'm saying.

It's going to be one hell of a finale though..2 hours!!
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    newkid30 wrote: »
    :eek: Seriously? I have to mute the TV for the credits!

Hee! Me too. The horrible music is the only thing I don't like about the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the music!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh, this recognition test is really interesting! I like this kind of thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I LOVE the sound of Adam's pork dishes. Like some of the rest of you, I think that although his food looks amazing, it's not the sort of thing I'd choose to make. But that looks absolutely delicious.
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    I LOVE the sound of Adam's pork dishes. Like some of the rest of you, I think that although his food looks amazing, it's not the sort of thing I'd choose to make. But that looks absolutely delicious.

Gosh, yes. The pork dish looked fabulous! I was practically drooling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That dessert looks absolutely amazing! I would never make it, but I would DEFINITELY want to eat one.

And awwww at Adam being nervous, he looked about 7 at that point. It's quite odd seeing him not being cheerful and bouncy for once.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, that was a fabulous final! Really entertaining and tense and exciting. What I thought was especially lovely, was that even after saying he hadn't come to lose and that he didn't want Adam to win, as soon as he knew that he had, Callum grabbed Adam into the biggest hug and seemed genuinely thrilled for him.

I'm crying now too.
    Forum Member
    What a wonderful end to a wonderful series! I've never been moved to tears by a cookery show before! So happy for Adam, but also for Callum - what a great offer he got from George.

Fabulous stuff. I'm really, really going to miss my daily fix.
  • SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Wow, that was a fabulous final! Really entertaining and tense and exciting. What I thought was especially lovely, was that even after saying he hadn't come to lose and that he didn't want Adam to win, as soon as he knew that he had, Callum grabbed Adam into the biggest hug and seemed genuinely thrilled for him.

I'm crying now too.
    JulesF wrote: »
    What a wonderful end to a wonderful series! I've never been moved to tears by a cookery show before! So happy for Adam, but also for Callum - what a great offer he got from George.

Fabulous stuff. I'm really, really going to miss my daily fix.

I agree with every single word of both these posts. Callum and Adam are such lovely people as well as being supremely talented chefs.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so sad it's over! Even though I've never warmed to Adam, I did say a while ago on here that he'd be a very worthy winner. Felt a bit gutted for Callum as I thought he'd done the better job in the final challenge, and was a bit shocked at the 8s as the judges had praised it so much.

Loved the Masterclass episode yesterday too! It was genius!