Ken & Deirdre / Kevin & Sally

DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
Forum Member
I've not been an avid viewer of Corrie over the years but have watched it infrequently so apologies if this thread is inaccurate but it seems to me that the couples Ken & Deirdre and Kevin & Sally are quite similar in lots of ways. Both have had numerous affairs on both sides, both have divorced and remarried only to go on to have even more affairs, but for some reason they both stick together. I guess more for convenience and stability than anything else?

Does anyone think that either of these couples are good for each other and belong together or would they be better off splitting up permanently? I certainly had the impression that Kev & Sals second marriage was more for convenience. I seem to recall her crying to Rita on her hen night that she wasn't re-marrying Kevin for love, she was doing it so the kids would have their father and then she went on to have affairs with Ian Davenport and John Stape? which Kev seemed to turn a blind eye to.

Which couple has had the most affairs? I get confused about which were affairs and which were relationships that they had, children that they fathered, during 'breaks' in their marriages.

Comments

• katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    I think Ken and Deidre take the lead in affairs, Sally never had an affair with John she just had a crush on him he ended up seeing Rosie!!

I think Sally and Kev are more suited to each other than Ken and Deirdre they always seem to just annoy each other, he's a snob and she's just down to earth which is why he was attracted to Martha because she grew chives and made homemade soup and read intelligent books!

Albert Tatlock was correct about him in the very first episode he called him a snooty little snob and 50 years later he hasn't changed!!
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    katiemack wrote: »
    I think Ken and Deidre take the lead in affairs, Sally never had an affair with John she just had a crush on him he ended up seeing Rosie!!

I think Sally and Kev are more suited to each other than Ken and Deirdre they always seem to just annoy each other, he's a snob and she's just down to earth which is why he was attracted to Martha because she grew chives and made homemade soup and read intelligent books!

Albert Tatlock was correct about him in the very first episode he called him a snooty little snob and 50 years later he hasn't changed!!

Ah yes, how could I forget about the "woman with the tug boat" :)
  • JamieRoss1988JamieRoss1988 Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both couples belong together, can't imagine Sally and Deirdre with anyone else and vice versa :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,460
    Forum Member
    I think Ken and Deirdre belong together, Sally and Kevin in a way do IMO but im so glad Sallys found out i really think she should stick to her guns and get rid of him, i know eventually they will probobly get back together but i would like to see Sally as an independant single mother dating again in her 40s, what Kevins done is a lot to forgive.
  • tj123tj123 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    Have the Websters ever had any scenes or storylines with the Barlows? People go on about Gail and Deirdre rarely sharing a scene but I'm not sure I've ever seen Sally/Kevin and Deirdre/Ken talking to each other, even mentioning each other! Odd considering the both couples have been in the show over 20 years.
  • jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    How is Sally as an "independent woman" supposed to support 3 kids on a factory workers wage? Where will Kevin live with baby Jack. Even if the Websters did get back together how are their 3 kids and Sian going to fit into their little semi or will they just magic up another room when its required. Perhapse Rosie will have to move out and get her own place with Jason.