Options

Cheryl performing on Alan Carr's show

Comments

• Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she did fine. She could sing the perfect song and some of you lot will slate her!
  • Options
    bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess its like a carcrash... you dont wanna watch it, but you cant help but look

But you have to select the channel out of many options...Doesn't make sense to me unless you find it entertaining on some level.
    People look on at a car crash because they are there or else they heard the bang... I don't think many would choose the option of watching/ seeing an actual car crash.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    I liked both of her performance.

stop watching guys if it's that bad for you as simple as that.

I bet you are just tuned in to see her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookclub10 wrote: »
    But you have to select the channel out of many options...Doesn't make sense to me unless you find it entertaining on some level.
    People look on at a car crash because they are there or else they heard the bang... I don't think many would choose the option of watching/ seeing an actual car crash.

Not true. Not true at all, in fact. In the event of most accidents/collisions/disasters, inlookers will begin to turn up. My mum and I were watching the show together because Alan Carr is humorous and we enjoy the interviews. The singing was in between and it was hard not to watch, yet difficult to listen to at the same time.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Promise This was better, she hit one or two bum notes but overall she done well and it was pleasant on my ears.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not true. Not true at all, in fact. In the event of most accidents/collisions/disasters, inlookers will begin to turn up. My mum and I were watching the show together because Alan Carr is humorous and we enjoy the interviews. The singing was in between and it was hard not to watch, yet difficult to listen to at the same time.

But isn't that because they are passing, a crowd gathers that way.
    Would you actually hear of an accident and make your way down there?
  • Options
    iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh I Think She Has Gotten Better But On The Other Hand She Is Still Just Average If That! Her Performances Vocally Are Good (for Her Ability) But Not Amazing But It's Not Like She Thinks She's An Amazing Vocalist, Cause She Knows She's Not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Buttonmoon wrote: »
    I agree her voice is shockingly bad.

No it's not give her a break.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Promise This wasn't that bad for a Cheryl performance, it certainly wasn't acoustic because she was heavily aided with recorded backing vocals but it was a good enough performance. The Flood was awful though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookclub10 wrote: »
    But isn't that because they are passing, a crowd gathers that way.
    Would you actually hear of an accident and make your way down there?

If that happened within a local community in Belfast, that's exactly what everyone does. Not for any sadistic pleasure or anything like that, but because everyone likes to know what's going on.
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first thought that came to me... Scratch that, the second thought that came to me was how acts like Ruth Lorenzo could drown Cheryl when it comes to vocals. :o
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    Satanel wrote: »
    The first thought that came to me... Scratch that, the second thought that came to me was how acts like Ruth Lorenzo could drown Cheryl when it comes to vocals. :o

Wagner could drown out Cheryl's vocals
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    She seemed so nervous, though. I think she gets really insecure about her limitations as a singer and it sort of shows when she's singing ballads. She shines during her uptempo's but looks really vulnearble standing still and just singing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why The Flood is a single, there are MUCH better songs on her album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    I don't know why The Flood is a single, there are MUCH better songs on her album.

Yup, I've heard a couple of songs from it and there's better songs on the album (not much better, but still.. better!)
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched it on +1, not great :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that happened within a local community in Belfast, that's exactly what everyone does. Not for any sadistic pleasure or anything like that, but because everyone likes to know what's going on.

Yes ok ... I imagine that's because it's as you say a local community and people are interested in what has happened i.e If everyone is ok or if it was someone they knew.
    Either way, i just think that it's different to turning on a programme on tv and watching a performance of someone if you don't like them.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    WHAT are you guys on.. that was really good tbh... I don't know what you guys were expecting lool!! she looked comfortable for once singing The Flood and I didn't hear any bum notes!

This. Thought she was fab.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it! x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Extremely funny interview, I love the acoustic version of Promise this, I much prefer the Flood version from RVP.
  • Options
    girlinstaticgirlinstatic Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UrMyStar wrote: »
    I'm no Cheryl fan but actually enjoyed both performances and her interview. I'll give her credit where I think it's due rather than just stick the daggers in because it's the "in" thing

MTE, an adequate performance gets translated into being god awful on here. I don't know what is expected of her to be honest, we knew exactly her shortcomings when we voted her into GA. She can indeed be 'shockingly bad' at times and I think even she knows this. But i'm finding this to be the case less and less these days, she is fine. There are lots of majorly successful artists the same and worse.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a horrendous performance. Just dreadful. Promise This was so so pitchy and out of tune, and her voice on The Flood was drowned out by the extremely loud backing track.

Diabolical, yet of course people will still praise her for her 'attempt' :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UrMyStar wrote: »
    I'm no Cheryl fan but actually enjoyed both performances and her interview. I'll give her credit where I think it's due rather than just stick the daggers in because it's the "in" thing

I respect you for this!

But yeah, I thought she was ACTUALLY good lol, and her interview was very sweet. :p

Guys, does she really have any fans? Or are the haters just representatives of this forum or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mozitski wrote: »
    I respect you for this!

But yeah, I thought she was ACTUALLY good lol, and her interview was very sweet. :p

Guys, does she really have any fans? Or are the haters just representatives of this forum or something?

Of course she has fans :)
    They're just a minority on this forum. Nowhere else do I see such distaste for her. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member