Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 5)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    Dev said that his son , Aldi , had got an albatross at golf. That would be scoring two at a par five. Not even Tiger Woods would have done that at the age of ten, and quite impossible even for any golfer to do unless they are very lucky.

And those twins are only six years old, born Jan 2006, although I think they were aged a year when they returned to the series.

Even so, I was thinking recently how old they both looked considering the characters ages. And I was right - the girl who plays Asha is 10. Ridiculous casting!
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Deirdre maybe? I don't know who this refers to either! :confused:

Also, did anyone notice the line Carl said tonight to Sunita, "You're trouble with a capital S"? I thought that was a tad strange to say the least!

I heard that as well and thought trouble doesnt doesnt start with a capital T...**** starts with a S :D
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    He had a quick affair with Dreary. We saw them in bed one Christmas Day I think. :eek:

:eek: I had erased that from my memory ... until now! :cry: That must be who old blinkey is then. :)
  • spookyelectricspookyelectric Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    The only 'old blinkey' I can think of is Gail. :eek:

Oh sorry, my mistake, I was thinking of Dreary Barlow.
  • Mart1n0940Mart1n0940 Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Deirdre maybe? I don't know who this refers to either! :confused:

Also, did anyone notice the line Carl said tonight to Sunita, "You're trouble with a capital S"? I thought that was a tad strange to say the least!

I assumed he meant as being up Trouble creek without a paddle :p
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    Laura-Kate wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm missing something and I'm not a medical person, but why did the hospital decide to whip out both Julie's ovaries before doing a biopsy on the cyst? Surely removing the ovaries would only be done as a last resort if the cyst was found to be malignant, esp. in view of Julie being desperate to have children?
    I think the doc said the result would come through in 10 days? Would the biopsy not be done and the results be available immediately and while the patient is still under anaethestic, in the event that the worst-case scenario op may be necessary?

Remind me never to be admitted to Weatherfield General.......:eek:
    You are right Laura-Kate, they do the biopsy during the operation - then if the growth is malignant they take it out. I had that, I had to sign a form saying that it was ok for them to remove whatever they had to. Ovarian cancer can grow to huge sizes before it's finally picked up.
    Welcome to the forum, I see this is your first post :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    And this affair between Carl & Sunitta is just ridiculous, what does she see in him. Didn't she leave Dev when his affair with old blinkey was exposed? QUOTE]

What does she see in him?? I'd choose Karl over Dev any time. In fact I'd probably choose Norris over Dev! Why would any woman want to spend more than ten seconds in Dev's company?
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grammiej wrote: »
    And this affair between Carl & Sunitta is just ridiculous, what does she see in him. Didn't she leave Dev when his affair with old blinkey was exposed? QUOTE]

What does she see in him?? I'd choose Karl over Dev any time. In fact I'd probably choose Norris over Dev! Why would any woman want to spend more than ten seconds in Dev's company?

Sunita is hardly perfect, but if she wants to have an affair with a gambler its her problem. She is only probably with Dev because she has nowhere else to go. But it doesn't give her an excuse to act like a ****.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And this affair between Carl & Sunitta is just ridiculous, what does she see in him. Didn't she leave Dev when his affair with old blinkey was exposed?

Soap writers seem to throw in an affair when things start to get stale., what they don't realise is it just makes things worse.

I'm guessing he's larger in the trouser dept than Dev.;) Whatever it is, Sunita is loving it!!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are the fireman and his wife still at Eileen's? I must have missed something because surely their own house must be repaired by now. I got the bit where she was in a care home and then she walked out and they both ended up at Eileens.

Could somebody enlighten me please?

Oh, and the way Eileen and the fireman were talking all over Lesley was ridiculous. Then later on Eileen said Lesley had gone to bed to read. So we are expected to believe that she can't follow a conversation but she can read and follow a book.:rolleyes:
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Why are the fireman and his wife still at Eileen's? I must have missed something because surely their own house must be repaired by now. I got the bit where she was in a care home and then she walked out and they both ended up at Eileens.

Could somebody enlighten me please?

Oh, and the way Eileen and the fireman were talking all over Lesley was ridiculous. Then later on Eileen said Lesley had gone to bed to read. So we are expected to believe that she can't follow a conversation but she can read and follow a book.:rolleyes:

I thought that as well. Didn't Eileen say last night for him to take his house off the market? Not been watching religiously lately so didn't know it was up for sale (I thought it was still being very slowly repaired from whatever excuse they came up with for them to move into her house in the first place).

I can't stand tiny fireman. Thanks to whoever first said it. I don't call him anything else anymore :D
  • spookyelectricspookyelectric Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    grammiej wrote: »

Sunita is hardly perfect, but if she wants to have an affair with a gambler its her problem. She is only probably with Dev because she has nowhere else to go. But it doesn't give her an excuse to act like a ****.

Hey that's a good storyline, Karl is still gambling so Sluttina starts stealing from Dev and it all goes tits up and they both leave the street in a taxi (on a rainy night).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hey that's a good storyline, Karl is still gambling so Sluttina starts stealing from Dev and it all goes tits up and they both leave the street in a taxi (on a rainy night).

Leaving Dev behind? Surely there must be a way to work Dev's exit into this?
  • kevthelutonbeekevthelutonbee Posts: 1,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissFit wrote: »

He plunges into despair at Sunita's leaving and eventually tops himself:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    MissFit wrote: »

PULEEEEEEEEESE!!!!
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that Lesley has been thrown out the care home, why doesn't he just take her home to their own house. He mentioned that it was on the market, so it must be fit to live in again. Why keep the poor woman at Eileen's dingy house, having to share a bathroom with two strange men, one of them who is the most annoying person you could ever meet. As for Eileen cooking the tea, saying it's egg and chips, is that the best she can come up with? Wow, what a cook! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How about .... Karl is still gambling and Sunita still wants his body. The Aunties reappear in the Street and catch them at it. :eek: They scuttle off and tell Dev, who races round there but catches his foot in Sunitas sexy thong which she has hurriedly discarded on the floor in a moment of intense passion and he boinnnngggsss across the room smashing his head on Aldi's huge trophy.
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How about .... Karl is still gambling and Sunita still wants his body. The Aunties reappear in the Street and catch them at it. :eek: They scuttle off and tell Dev, who races round there but catches his foot in Sunitas sexy thong which she has hurriedly discarded on the floor in a moment of intense passion and he boinnnngggsss across the room smashing his head on Aldi's huge trophy.

Perfect s/l.just PERFECT. When will this happen? Sooner rather than later I hope.:D:p
  • chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

have we seen her choice of underwear? Perhaps she's a "Granny Pants" girl........... :eek: and for, Karl, presumably being kept on starvation rations, it's a case of "any port in a storm"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Is Karl following in Jack Branning footsteps in being a sex addict..? He seems to be lately with Sunita..wonder who is next on his list
  • emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking of Kirsty, a few weeks ago I noticed in one episode she was stood at the Rovers Bar eating peanuts!!

I understood that is one of the forbidden foods when pregnant! It was for me on my 3 pregnancies. Did anyone else notice this?:confused:

No the government revised the guidelines in 2009 as there is no evidence of it causing allergies. It wasn't on the list my midwife gave me when I was pregnant with my son last year.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,381
    Forum Member
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    I think someone should start a Facebook campaign to get old Corrie episodes back on TV , to show how many people want them on .

I already posted a thread on this http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1659643&highlight=

Have you been watching The Corrie Years, 1.0pm ITV2? Seems to have finished though as it wasn't on today. :cry: It's been lovely seeing all the previous characters, would love to see some of them brought back, if only for a quick visit. Would be much more interesting than the likes of ' tiny fireman' and Lesley, can't take to these characters at all and loathe the story line.
    I would really, really love to see episodes of old Corrie :)
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    kiviraat wrote: »
    I thought that as well. Didn't Eileen say last night for him to take his house off the market? Not been watching religiously lately so didn't know it was up for sale (I thought it was still being very slowly repaired from whatever excuse they came up with for them to move into her house in the first place).

I can't stand tiny fireman. Thanks to whoever first said it. I don't call him anything else anymore :D

Last time the house was mentioned tiny fireman was going to give the builders a right telling off for taking so long to get the house dry from the flood they had. Nothing was mentioned for a while then suddenly its all dried out...replastered and up for sale:rolleyes:
  • GlomperGlomper Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    I would really, really love to see episodes of old Corrie :)

Perhaps it's possible to view or download episodes from other Countries that are way behind ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chestfield wrote: »

have we seen her choice of underwear? Perhaps she's a "Granny Pants" girl........... :eek: and for, Karl, presumably being kept on starvation rations, it's a case of "any port in a storm"

Nooooo ..... it will be thongs all the way with Sunita. :D She wouldn't wear push em up bras, skintight jeans and then Granny Pants!!
This discussion has been closed.