Options

Desperate Housewives Season 8 - Last Series UK Pace Thread [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Options
    will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Gabby & Carlos....need a spin off Sitcom series ...imo.

They have been my favourite, from the start.

The others, by the end, I had no time for.

Tom is a FOOL!

BIB - Agreed - Lynette has always been my least favourite housewife. Too selfish and Tom should never have gone back to her.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    will2510 wrote: »
    BIB - Agreed - Lynette has always been my least favourite housewife. Too selfish and Tom should never have gone back to her.
    And as for Bree....pure Evil, I tell you, and with her past....a Politician....:eek:
  • Options
    LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Gabby & Carlos....need a spin off Sitcom series ...imo.

They have been my favourite, from the start.

The others, by the end, I had no time for.

Tom is a FOOL!

I said this to myself when I heard the series was coming to an end. They are the perfect couple for a spin off series.

Bree getting into politics seemed a bit OTT. I'd have preferred to see her get back into cooking and reaching new heights of culinary genius.

The whole Tom/Lynette story was bad and felt forced from the outset. Glad they ended up in NY together though.

Susan, dear Susan, I hope all went well for her.

I would like to have seen more of the minor characters mentioned if only for continuity (something lacking in the past couple of seasons). Paul Young, Andrew, Dannielle to name a few.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I thought the last episode was excellent. I was crying my eyes out when we saw all the ghosts on the lane. I can't believe it's all over!
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, Glomper

All that was missing was the sight of "ghost" Edie, as Susan drove away; if only Nicolette Sheridan had not fallen out with Marc Cherry!
  • Options
    decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cried like a baby, can't believe it's over. Am I the only one that thought they might be paving the way for a whole new set of housewives? WHAT'S IN THE BOX? I intend to go right back to episoden1 soon, when I'm less emotional!
  • Options
    XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cried like an absolute baby at the end. Really Guttered Marc didn't keep them all as friends considering what they've been through, it broke my heart when Mary Alice said they didn't stay in touch. More of a sad ending than the expected happy one of them all growing old together on the lane. Also, GUTTERED that Edie weren't at the end with the dead people but can understand why. Anyway, enjoyed the whole thing - so Guttered it's over and Bree will always be my favourite ever character. GOODBYE WISTERIA LANE
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's meant that they did keep in touch in some way, it's just that moving to different states and having their lives go the way they did meant the physical meet ups and poker games faded away.

Although my pet hate in tv show finales are the last minute rushed romances (Bree and Trip) as though they felt the need to have her married off otherwise she can't be happy or have closure. If anything, Bree's story showed she'd probably be happier if single for a while. A much more fitting ending for Bree would have been to remain on the lane and become the new "Mary Alice" who is there to welcome a new group of neighbours.

And also Lynette's last minute job offer to become the head of a company going global. I mean, come on that was just stupid. Especially that Katherine came back for her. Susan was the one she knew most, and Bree was the one she ran a business with and she just offers Lynette a job. lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    According to the e4 announcer the last episode got 1.3 million! which is amazing considering a normal episode got between 3-500k!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were a few things that got me about the final episode - these might have been mentioned already but I haven't read the rest of the thread!

- The Scavos racing down the hall in the hospital just in time for the baby's birth. I mean, did Lynette not ask why Susan and Julie weren't at the wedding!?

- Bree becoming a trusted politician. With her past? I agree with Joe_Zel that they should have kept her on the lane. Or at least had her coming to the house to welcome the new neighbour - after all, she didn't know she'd end up leaving the lane. She would normally have been over there straight away with a cake!

- Why were the girls not out on the lane to wave Susan off? That annoyed me the most. I know they wanted to have the ghosts and make it all symbolic (by the way, HOW many people died on that lane!?) but they should have had the girls there as well. Are we really meant to believe they would let her leave without being out to say goodbye??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    What did everyone think of Marc Cherry's cameo appearance in the final episode? He was the mover carrying a box out of Susan's house, I thought it was terrible.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    big24fan wrote: »
    What did everyone think of Marc Cherry's cameo appearance in the final episode? He was the mover carrying a box out of Susan's house, I thought it was terrible.

Wasn't really bothered by it as it was just a cameo. Overall it was a nice end to the show.
  • Options
    caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were a few things that got me about the final episode - these might have been mentioned already but I haven't read the rest of the thread!

- The Scavos racing down the hall in the hospital just in time for the baby's birth. I mean, did Lynette not ask why Susan and Julie weren't at the wedding!?

- Why were the girls not out on the lane to wave Susan off? That annoyed me the most. I know they wanted to have the ghosts and make it all symbolic (by the way, HOW many people died on that lane!?) but they should have had the girls there as well. Are we really meant to believe they would let her leave without being out to say goodbye??

I agree with this, these annoyed me also. Another thing was the way Katherine just disappeared :confused: I know lynette spoke with her on the phone, but there no closure with her character either. What was the point bringing her back at all, lynette could have been offered a job by anyone :rolleyes:

Still enjoyed it, but I think it could have been better :(
  • Options
    decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caren197 wrote: »
    I agree with this, these annoyed me also. Another thing was the way Katherine just disappeared :confused: I know lynette spoke with her on the phone, but there no closure with her character either. What was the point bringing her back at all, lynette could have been offered a job by anyone :rolleyes:

Still enjoyed it, but I think it could have been better :(

I wondered about that, almost like they brought her back just to reassure us that she had seen the light and was no longer a lesbian :rolleyes: I thought it odd that they didn't have her offer Susan any condolences about Mike, I know they had history but everything was resolved between them.
  • Options
    caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    I wondered about that, almost like they brought her back just to reassure us that she had seen the light and was no longer a lesbian :rolleyes: I thought it odd that they didn't have her offer Susan any condolences about Mike, I know they had history but everything was resolved between them.

Exactly, mike was almost forgotten I felt towards the end. I mean I know they can't have it all doom and gloom, but Susan seemed to get over it very quickly :confused: I've never been in that position but I would imagine if the love of my life was shot down in front of me I'd be devastated for a long while:yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about Katherine. Very random that she'd come back for Lynette whom she wasn't the closest with and hadn't worked with before. Lynette's never actually ran a company and now suddenly she's just offered it like that. Would have been more believable if an old colleague or former boss offered her a new job.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I really think people are over-thinking things here. DH has always been a show where you have to suspend disbelief. Worrying about why the girls never waved off Susan? It didn't suit the narrative of the final scene and would have lacked the emotional impact if, after seeing where they ended up in life, they suddenly reappeared to say goodbye to Susan. And yes Katherine's reappearance was random but presumably was done just to revisit her character and act as a plot device for Lynette. She was NEVER going to be a focal point.

I actually don't think Mike was forgotten and I like the way Susan's arc was dealt with across the subsequent episodes, but you have to allow a bit of dramatic license here - it would have been incredibly tedious to watch Susan moping about for 6 episodes grieving for Mike. The stages of grief were certainly quickened up but for good reason. And I think Susan's scene with Julie in the hospital reassured us that Mike was always the love of her life - and that's also the reason we never saw her future, because it wouldn't have been right to see her completely move on from Mike considering their relationship was such a prominent story throughout the series.

I think for emotional impact the finale got it spot on and so I am willing to forgive them for those little implausibilities.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the final episode aside from the fact that it felt slightly rushed it was a nice sendoff to the series, I believe in season 1 we see Susan arrive on the lane and here we see her leave.

Also in true DH tradition we see the new resident trying to conceal a secret although it wasnt really that necessary to show this not as the ending shot anyway, that should have been left as Susan driving away and the ariel shot of the Lane
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I think I get to attached, I was so sad it ended. I loved all the ghosts as Susan drove off but I really wanted them to stay on The Lane together and was upset that they did not really keep in touch after they were all such good friends and what they had been through. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulfam1 wrote: »
    Just watched the final episode aside from the fact that it felt slightly rushed it was a nice sendoff to the series, I believe in season 1 we see Susan arrive on the lane and here we see her leave.

Also in true DH tradition we see the new resident trying to conceal a secret although it wasnt really that necessary to show this not as the ending shot anyway, that should have been left as Susan driving away and the ariel shot of the Lane

Completely disagree. That last scene summed up Desperate Housewives to a tee and was the perfect end shot.
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Surely Lynette and Susan would have stayed in touch, over the years they share a grandchild, who, was not named. Annoying.
  • Options
    ms2608ms2608 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    Cried like a baby, can't believe it's over. Am I the only one that thought they might be paving the way for a whole new set of housewives? WHAT'S IN THE BOX? I intend to go right back to episoden1 soon, when I'm less emotional!

I thought exactly the same thing about the possibility that the box was a clue that we haven't seen the last of Wisteria Lane!

On the whole I thought it was a good ending, and blubbed my way through it, especially when Karen died listening to her special record.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ms2608 wrote: »
    I thought exactly the same thing about the possibility that the box was a clue that we haven't seen the last of Wisteria Lane!

On the whole I thought it was a good ending, and blubbed my way through it, especially when Karen died listening to her special record.
    I think the BOX was there, just to let us know crazy things are going to happen on WL.

Not that we will find out what is going to happen, or what's in it....thank heavens.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the box was showing us was the "wistera lane cycle" was all gonna happen again but just with different people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All the box was showing us was the "wistera lane cycle" was all gonna happen again but just with different people.
    There's a curse on the Lane.... basically.:eek:

Tom's still a fool.;)