jessie J... Sooooo annoying !!!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maggie_07 wrote: »
    I agree. I like the way she talks to the contestants and puts them at their ease.

Apart from last week ( or week before ) when she corrected the girl on her pronunciation of "think" when the singer had been saying "fink" .

I am sure that Jesse J speaks like that all the time , doesn't she .

I'm sure I've heard her say " I fink " and " I fawt" in the past as I find it so annoying !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexis07 wrote: »
    Apart from last week ( or week before ) when she corrected the girl on her pronunciation of "think" when the singer had been saying "fink" .

I am sure that Jesse J speaks like that all the time , doesn't she .

I'm sure I've heard her say " I fink " and " I fawt" in the past as I find it so annoying !

She acknowledged that she says it when speaking. She said, never when she sings, which is true. She makes sure her words are understood when singing. I don't now why people are so pressed about that. She tells people about their diction when singing EVERY WEEK. Why is this girl any different?
  • woodlandswoodlands Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This woman is just soooooo annoying! She really spoils the whole show for me!
  • sogosogo Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    woodlands wrote: »

Agree entirely.
    I used to like her but all the big dramatic stuff is just too over the top.
    I loved Abi tonight and thought her understated style was so cool. Then first thing Jessie tells her is she has to lose that! Crazy!
  • DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the way she teases pressing the button god so annoying anyway this vid parody of her is funny--

http://youtu.be/vVoMBMWH-uw
  • smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodlands wrote: »

Yes.. totally agree.. She is becoming more annoying each week. I cant bear her ! In actual fact she is the most irritating person on TV... Arrrrrgh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I hate the way she teases pressing the button god so annoying anyway this vid parody of her is funny--

http://youtu.be/vVoMBMWH-uw

Thanks for posting this, it's made me almost cry with laughter. I am definitely not a Jessie fan!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    She annoys me with her over reacting. I hated that she sat on the floor trying to grab attention for herself.
  • Gregg_LUFCGregg_LUFC Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    She annoys me with her over reacting. I hated that she sat on the floor trying to grab attention for herself.

Yeeeesssss!!!! Someone else who thought that!! Blatant attention seeking!

So annoying as a person and is really trying to hard to be "cool" but fails so badly at it!

Her Lego head really offends me and and her voice grates on me too. She's as annoying as the two idiots on BGT Amanda and The mildly racist one, Alesha
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like all the judges - and I think they go well together. Jessie's fine as she is.
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »

So, it's OK for Danny to sit on the floor and not Jessie?

I think as it was the last act of the auditions, it was just a relaxed way of finishing the show. There's nothing to "hate" IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think as it was the last act of the auditions, it was just a relaxed way of finishing the show. There's nothing to "hate" IMO.

Why does everyone play the 'oh, so it's ok for Danny to do it, but not Jessie?' card? I guarantee that if Danny had started dancing in front of CJ the way Jessie did, it would have been widely commented on.

Yes, Danny is also an attention-seeking moron and I don't like him either; but because he manages not to be quite so obnoxious with it, he merely irritates me as opposed to making me want to throw things at the tv.

Will also comes under the same category, but he comes across so much better because some of his comments are original and show a sense of humour. I don't necessarily object to someone trying to attract attention to themselves, but when what they want to show everyone is how stupid they are, it does tend to grate.
    Forum Member

It's perfectly fine for Danny to do it as he's not a blatant attention **** like Jessie J is!!

Next you'll be saying her comic relief head shaving stunt really was for charity and not to grab as much attention too her as is physically possible
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    Why does everyone play the 'oh, so it's ok for Danny to do it, but not Jessie?' card? I guarantee that if Danny had started dancing in front of CJ the way Jessie did, it would have been widely commented on.

Yes, Danny is also an attention-seeking moron and I don't like him either; but because he manages not to be quite so obnoxious with it, he merely irritates me as opposed to making me want to throw things at the tv.

Because Danny doesn't get anywhere near the amount of criticism that Jessie gets for doing the same thing and worse.

It was just a light-hearted way to end the show, I can't see anything to get annoyed about.

All the coaches have some faults but I like the panel as they are. I don't think any panel of coaches would please everybody. I think if Nicki Minaj was there in place of Jessie, I would probably feel the same as you and want to throw something at the telly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gregg_LUFC wrote: »
    It's perfectly fine for Danny to do it as he's not a blatant attention **** like Jessie J is!!

Next you'll be saying her comic relief head shaving stunt really was for charity and not to grab as much attention too her as is physically possible

That's quite a cynical view to take. ALL the celebs who do stunts for charity want to grab as much attention as they can to get as much money as they can for charity. That's the whole idea of Comic Relief. How can they raise money if they don't get attention ?

The head shaving was the idea of someone who Jessie knows who runs a charity that has been helped by Comic Relief. It's not an easy thing for a woman to do and I admire her for doing it.

I'm not a fan of her music and have never bought one of her albums so I'm not biased but think it's a very cynical attitude to take to assume anybody who tries to do something to help people in need is doing it for selfish reasons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was quite sweet, actually.

Especially when she beckoned Danny over to share the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has she always justified being 'brutally honest' with 'being real'. That really annoys me. Chav.
    Forum Member
    That's quite a cynical view to take. ALL the celebs who do stunts for charity want to grab as much attention as they can to get as much money as they can for charity. That's the whole idea of Comic Relief. How can they raise money if they don't get attention ?

The head shaving was the idea of someone who Jessie knows who runs a charity that has been helped by Comic Relief. It's not an easy thing for a woman to do and I admire her for doing it.

I'm not a fan of her music and have never bought one of her albums so I'm not biased but think it's a very cynical attitude to take to assume anybody who tries to do something to help people in need is doing it for selfish reasons.

I'm a cynic
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,369
    Forum Member
    Will and Jessie are both annoying
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

Will also comes under the same category, but he comes across so much better because some of his comments are original and show a sense of humour. I don't necessarily object to someone trying to attract attention to themselves, but when what they want to show everyone is how stupid they are, it does tend to grate.
    Gregg_LUFC wrote: »

Why does Danny manage to be not quite as obnoxious as Jessie and why is he not seen as a blatant attention **** unlike Jessie :confused: Does his penis protect him from this :cool:

Jessie and Danny are very similar. Both acting the big kid, both massively insecure and both constantly turning to the other coaches for back up of their opinions but yeah only Jessie is annoying :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Danny manage to be not quite as obnoxious as Jessie and why is he not seen as a blatant attention **** unlike Jessie :confused: Does his penis protect him from this :cool:

Jessie and Danny are very similar. Both acting the big kid, both massively insecure and both constantly turning to the other coaches for back up of their opinions but yeah only Jessie is annoying :rolleyes:

Bit disingenuous to summarize my post in that way, when I described Danny as:
    • attention-seeking
    • a moron
    • someone that I don't like
    • slightly less obnoxious than Jessie
    • irritating
    • stupid

I wasn't the one who called Jessie an attention ****, so I can't comment on that. But yes, I did say he was not quite as obnoxious as Jessie. No, that is not because of his penis. It is because I find his behaviour less annoying - he perhaps only irritated me for 50% of the blind auditions; whereas Jessie irritated me for around 75% of them.

The point I was making is that it's silly to pretend that this is some disgraceful display of sexism, where the same behaviours are lauded in Danny and deplored in Jessie. I find them both to be irritating morons; Danny just happens to irritate me a little less than Jessie.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Bit disingenuous to summarize my post in that way, when I described Danny as:
    • attention-seeking
    • a moron
    • someone that I don't like
    • slightly less obnoxious than Jessie
    • irritating
    • stupid

I wasn't the one who called Jessie an attention ****, so I can't comment on that. But yes, I did say he was not quite as obnoxious as Jessie. No, that is not because of his penis. It is because I find his behaviour less annoying - he perhaps only irritated me for 50% of the blind auditions; whereas Jessie irritated me for around 75% of them.

The point I was making is that it's silly to pretend that this is some disgraceful display of sexism, where the same behaviours are lauded in Danny and deplored in Jessie. I find them both to be irritating morons; Danny just happens to irritate me a little less than Jessie.

I didn't summarise your post I repeated the pertinent point and judging by what you've said here it is indeed the pertinent point. Danny isn't as obnoxious as Jessie according to you though he does display obnoxious behaviour. Why would that be? The only difference I can see is that he is a man and Jessie is a woman and the type of obnoxious behaviour displayed is more acceptable by a man than a woman. Sexism in fact.
  • lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she should have stuck with Dragon's Den
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly believe if Jessie was male, no one would have an issue with her behaviour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly believe if Jessie was male, no one would have an issue with her behaviour.

I quite agree. The men get away with far worse and don't get criticised.