Options

Is the BBC capable of reform ?

onecitizenonecitizen Posts: 5,042
Forum Member
It is well known that the BBC is a leftist organisation run both by and for a smug, arrogant, London-centric media elite, but is it capable of ever being reformed so that it presents a balanced representation of the views of ALL the people who are forced to pay the licence fee ?
The truth about the BBC.

Comments

• Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear the OP ruins what could have been a new and interesting debate by the use of 'emotive' language. Prepare for rants to abound. And the odd personal vendetta to crop up. This could get quite nasty.

Heads down, let's hope it all blows over soon.
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know someone whose views are somewhat left of centre who is convinced that the BBC has become rather right wing in recent years. So your assertion of left wing bias doesn't seem to be well known to her. Maybe I should put the two of you in touch so that you can argue the case with each other.
  • Options
    onecitizenonecitizen Posts: 5,042
    Forum Member
    BBC and the quotes of shame.
  • Options
    NilremNilrem Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    *yawns*

Another Onecitizen standard thread.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,993
    Forum Member
    onecitizen wrote: »
    It is well known that the BBC is a leftist organisation run both by and for a smug, arrogant, London-centric media elite, but is it capable of ever being reformed so that it presents a balanced representation of the views of ALL the people who are forced to pay the licence fee ?
    The truth about the BBC.

I assume you are a member of a far right organisation such as the BNP & EDL to write such stupid nonsense.

No one is forced to pay the TV licence, the same as no one wishing to watch sport on Sky is forced to pay an extra £200 a year for entertainment channels they are unlikely to watch.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,993
    Forum Member
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Heads down, let's hope it all blows over soon.

Like a fart in a space suit...
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Another BBC thread, we dont have enough of these.
  • Options
    NilremNilrem Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member

I don't know, we haven't had one about the BBC refusing to answer FOI's about what sort of biscuits they serve in the staff canteen for a while (and similar inane FOI's).
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is well known that the BBC is a leftist organisation run both by and for a smug, arrogant, London-centric media elite,
    I lost interest after that opening rant.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nilrem wrote: »
    *yawns*

Another Onecitizen standard thread.
    Indeed.
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is well known that the BBC is a leftist organisation run both by and for a smug, arrogant, London-centric media elite

No, that isn't well known at all.

So I suppose this means that only the smug, arrogant London-centric media elite ever watch anything on the BBC?
This discussion has been closed.