CS - Peter's brief return

Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Was that it?, Peter turned up and said he was off to Angiuga and went straight off in a black cab? What was the point of his return just to be in in for minutes? They could at least have him turn up for the funeral and be a pall bearer and then leave afterwards. I thought it was a bit daft and a waste of time.

Comments

• IndegIndeg Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine that Chris Gascoyne was only available for a very limited time, and rather than use up that limited time with funeral scenes (which would have been lovely, yes, but he'd have been background there) they chose to give him meatier material in the form of meaningful family interaction, thrashing out the ills of the Barlow family with Ken and Tracy and then moving Leanne and Simon's storyline forward.
  • soapmadsoapmad Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that it?, Peter turned up and said he was off to Angiuga and went straight off in a black cab? What was the point of his return just to be in in for minutes? They could at least have him turn up for the funeral and be a pall bearer and then leave afterwards. I thought it was a bit daft and a waste of time.

Out of respect for Anne Kirkbride I would guess .
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disagree I loved his scenes with Ken and Tracy.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,799
    Forum Member
    I was surprised he left so little time to see Simon. It seemed he'd hardly said hello to the little treasure before he was off :confused:
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He still has the coming abroad stuff coming up
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People would've moaned if he'd stayed too long or if he'd not turned up so everyone should stop moaning
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peter not being at the funeral as he left it to the last minute to get the train in typical Peter. It wouldn't make sense with many of the characters!
  • Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll be back eventually for the conclusion of the Leanne/Simon stuff I'm sure.
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People would've moaned if he'd stayed too long or if he'd not turned up so everyone should stop moaning

I agree, and let's face it we already had his exit last year with all that saying goodbye to Simon, this was just a one-off guest appearance for Deirdre's farewell.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why couldn't he be at the funeral? I mean what was the point of Peter missing it?
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter being back showed me how much I missed his character.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    Why couldn't he be at the funeral? I mean what was the point of Peter missing it?

Because that's exactly what Peter is like, I admit I would like him to have been around longer but the scenes he was in were brilliant rather than just have him sitting in the church at the funeral then off again without many words.
  • speedy_gonzalesspeedy_gonzales Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deadbeat dad peter barlow had the nerve to lecture tracy about how amy may turn out but seems to care very little about his own son who is turning into a horrible little shit.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »

To show how unreliable he is, how consistent he is at letting people down, perhaps.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peter is one character I would never get bored with getting into bother all the time. I really hope Chris comes back in a year or two.
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Peter is one character I would never get bored with getting into bother all the time. I really hope Chris comes back in a year or two.

I agree!! Peter is a brilliant character & Chris plays him superbly!!
    I am confident he will be back in his own good time as he has done this several times already then come back again!!
  • c120701c120701 Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter has become exactly the kind of parent that he used to criticise Ken for, he's not there for his son - he's off elsewhere whilst his son is left with other family members.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Honestly it was pathetic and so was the whole Deidre's funeral
  • David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given how few characters he had scenes with, and his absence at the funeral and the wake, it wouldn't surprise me if his scenes were shot days or even weeks apart from the funeral to accommodate Chris Gascoyne's schedule. It just so happens that missing the funeral is typical Peter!
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,870
    Forum Member
    What made us laugh is that he turned up late afternoon/evening before and clearly didn't bother going to see Simon before heading off the next morning. Had Leanne and Simon not turned up when they did he would have just buggered off to Antigua without seeing the little shit or telling Leanne he was off. Then again who can blame him. I would flee to the furthest corners of the earth to escape Simon too. The whole timing came a ross as he didn't have any interest in seeing his son though. :D I am glad Chris Gasgoine returned though.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Honestly it was pathetic and so was the whole Deidre's funeral

In your opinion maybe.