World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXIX (Spoilers)

Comments

• dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    I wouldnjt mind if they did 1 hr shows and cut all the crap out so we just got matches.
  • stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else watch Virgil on the Sam Roberts show? Car crash is not the word. Sam Roberts was a dick to though but Virgil seems to have some mental problems.

Here is the link

https://youtu.be/N8E14s0lidA
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu64 wrote: »
    Did anyone else watch Virgil on the Sam Roberts show? Car crash is not the word. Sam Roberts was a dick to though but Virgil seems to have some mental problems.

Here is the link

https://youtu.be/N8E14s0lidA

He's with Iron Sheik's management now, so one presumes it's a work, at least to some degree.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldnjt mind if they did 1 hr shows and cut all the crap out so we just got matches.

What gets left in those hour long episodes of Raw that Sky show each week?
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniel Bryan claiming in an interview that is meant to be coming out fully tomorrow that he's testing very well in terms of brain analysis regarding his concussions. He's had a whole tonne in his career though, so I can see why they don't want him back in the ring. He's said before that he's tried to hide them from management in the past but Brie basically made sure he was extra careful this time. I could see a Christian-like scenario developing here where he never truly gets another proper run, which would be very sad.
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    He's with Iron Sheik's management now, so one presumes it's a work, at least to some degree.

Hope so, as did like Virgil when growing up.
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    Daniel Bryan claiming in an interview that is meant to be coming out fully tomorrow that he's testing very well in terms of brain analysis regarding his concussions. He's had a whole tonne in his career though, so I can see why they don't want him back in the ring. He's said before that he's tried to hide them from management in the past but Brie basically made sure he was extra careful this time. I could see a Christian-like scenario developing here where he never truly gets another proper run, which would be very sad.

He needs to take his time when returning, seems like hes going to rush back and re injure himself like the last 2 times has been.
  • JEStansfieldJEStansfield Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    What gets left in those hour long episodes of Raw that Sky show each week?

I've been watching the one hour RAW for the last couple of months now since getting rid of Sky Sports.

So as an example, the one hour version for the last couple of months has always featured the opening segment and the main event, as you'd expect, so anything to do with Seth Rollins and Brock Lesner has been included.

Anything to do with John Cena is featured, so we've had all the Kevin Owens stuff and the open challenge matches. Sometimes the matches aren't shown in their entirety though.

Outside of that, they have included, but not every week, Sheamus vs Randy Orton, Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt and occasionally the divas and Rusev and Ziggler.

Annoyingly they do throw in an "exclusive" interview with a wrestler each week which actually adds nothing and the time could be used better to show more of the actual show.

What the show usually leaves out is the tag team and IC title stuff and the relentless selling of other WWE related products is much less obvious. There are guys who don't seem to appear, like Neville, unless they're involved with Rollins or Cena that week.

I actually enjoy the one hour version. You get everything you need to still be able to follow what WWE make you feel is important.
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hulk who?
    Forum Member
    I've been watching the one hour RAW for the last couple of months now since getting rid of Sky Sports.

So as an example, the one hour version for the last couple of months has always featured the opening segment and the main event, as you'd expect, so anything to do with Seth Rollins and Brock Lesner has been included.

Anything to do with John Cena is featured, so we've had all the Kevin Owens stuff and the open challenge matches. Sometimes the matches aren't shown in their entirety though.

Outside of that, they have included, but not every week, Sheamus vs Randy Orton, Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt and occasionally the divas and Rusev and Ziggler.

Annoyingly they do throw in an "exclusive" interview with a wrestler each week which actually adds nothing and the time could be used better to show more of the actual show.

What the show usually leaves out is the tag team and IC title stuff and the relentless selling of other WWE related products is much less obvious. There are guys who don't seem to appear, like Neville, unless they're involved with Rollins or Cena that week.

I actually enjoy the one hour version. You get everything you need to still be able to follow what WWE make you feel is important.

Do they really need the promo in at the start?
  • JEStansfieldJEStansfield Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    Do they really need the promo in at the start?

well given that it usually sets up the main event, I don't think the one hour version would work as well without it. It's not like on the full length version where they replay it at least twice for those who've tuned in late.
  • thebestbitthebestbit Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    So hulk hogan being blacklisted due to a racial tirade.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    That is what the rumours are saying.

He's already been fired for having a racist rant where the N word was used.
    Forum Member
    Shame about Hogan....not. Can't stand him personally and his promos just include saying brother every other word.
    Forum Member
    Rumours are there is video evidence what will be released tomrrow

If true this won't just be the end of his WWE carer it could ruin him.

Though he is also rumoured for CBB doubt they will care.
    Forum Member
    Rumours are there is video evidence what will be released tomrrow

If true this won't just be the end of his WWE carer it could ruin him.

Though he is also rumoured for CBB doubt they will care.

CBB have no morals at all, so yeah, no doubt he will end up there.
    Forum Member
    Next week see the team of Macho Sandow and Dusty Axel.
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've disliked Hogan for years, but if WWE canned him for what he said at 2:00, then they're completely in the wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcwOZNFs10Q&feature=youtu.be
    Forum Member
    I've disliked Hogan for years, but if WWE canned him for what he said at 2:00, then they're completely in the wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcwOZNFs10Q&feature=youtu.be

Apprantly it's not this one.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

the 1 hour show is v good,and the 2 hour show is probably jsut right

its just a shame have to wait till wednesday for it, makes it hard to post in here which is why usualy fast fwd through live version
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, for some reason the live version of Raw didn't tape for me this week so I watched the two hour version with my brother yesterday and it was a much easier watch. It cut out a few good things but they were mostly incidental.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, obviously we don't know what he's said yet but it seems absurd to me to remove Hogan totally from WWE history if that's what's happening. I mean, he's so central to the history of the company that it would be ridiculous. I wonder if they considered removing HHH after accusations of racism from Ricardo Rodriguez...
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, obviously we don't know what he's said yet but it seems absurd to me to remove Hogan totally from WWE history if that's what's happening. I mean, he's so central to the history of the company that it would be ridiculous. I wonder if they considered removing HHH after accusations of racism from Ricardo Rodriguez...

vince, hhh and steph have a dom fetish

i think their onscreen personas are legit.
  • seibuseibu Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

For me, the Stalinist revision of history is what I dislike most about modern corporate WWE. I understand why they do it (shareholder obligations & corporate culture) but it sucks. Wrestling is a scuzzy, horrible, weird industry. I don't want its history or its more extreme personalities sanitised. To do so is dishonest, and it's also boring.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    vince, hhh and steph have a dom fetish

i think their onscreen personas are legit.

Haha, I think you may be right, especially now that Steph is trying to do this corporate feminist routine. I wonder if HHH looking increasingly like a cuckold husband (the Mania 31 segment with Rock for example) is a reflection of real life as well.
This discussion has been closed.