Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 59)

Comments

• Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Afternoon everyone. :)

Article about Nikki's eyebrows... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3181122/Big-Brother-star-Nikki-Grahame-undergoes-eyebrow-treatment-cover-bald-patches-thanks-hair-pulling-addition.html

It is a bit confusing, because it is reported as if she has just "over-plucked" and it hasnt grown back, ( common for people who lived through the fashion for a single row of eyebrow hair) yet she says she has trichotillomania, which is something entirely different.
    They are looking good, anyway.
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member

Article about Nikki's eyebrows... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3181122/Big-Brother-star-Nikki-Grahame-undergoes-eyebrow-treatment-cover-bald-patches-thanks-hair-pulling-addition.html

It is a bit confusing, because it is reported as if she has just "over-plucked" and it hasnt grown back, ( common for people who lived through the fashion for a single row of eyebrow hair) yet she says she has trichotillomania, which is something entirely different.
    Hi Honey.:+))))))))))))))))

Nikki has always had various problems but she's doing well.
    I googled that condition she has and it came up with this.
    http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/trichotillomania/Pages/introduction.aspx
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes she has lived with that condition she was a child, thats a very interesting article and glad that it has a happy ending
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Hello all :)

Very busy excavating the dining room still - what a mess, and the moths have destroyed my lovely Chinese carpet:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mootle wrote: »

Very busy excavating the dining room still - what a mess, and the moths have destroyed my lovely Chinese carpet:(

How come? I thought you tidied up before your sister came? Is she helping? If so can she be my sister too? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone.:+)))))))))))))))))))

Weather a little better today, some sunny spells expected here, inbetween the rain and clouds i suppose.

Hi Moots.:+)))))))))))))))

Oh dear, the Moths thought the carpet was a Chinese Takeaway.
    Can you claim on the house contents insurance?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone. :)
    Hicky wrote: »

Weather a little better today, some sunny spells expected here, inbetween the rain and clouds i suppose.

At an NCT meeting many years ago somebody told me, seriously, and with a straight face, that to get rid of moths I should "just" replace all the wardrobes in the house with ones made out of cedarwood and "get my cleaner" to add a drop of lemon oil to the Ecover :D

It was one of those situations where you can think of a thousand clever and funny comments after the event, but I think I just sat there stunned. :D
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,609
    Forum Member
    Good morning everyone.

:D

Beautiful morning here in north London. Lots of sunshine. Hope everyone has a good weekend. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

At an NCT meeting many years ago somebody told me, seriously, and with a straight face, that to get rid of moths I should "just" replace all the wardrobes in the house with ones made out of cedarwood and "get my cleaner" to add a drop of lemon oil to the Ecover :D

It was one of those situations where you can think of a thousand clever and funny comments after the event, but I think I just sat there stunned. :D
    Morning Honey.:+)))))))))))))))))

Thats a good idea, are they serious.

I put a Codling Moth trap on the Apple Tree, it uses a Lure to get the male moths, it has could dozens.
    Can't you do that with house moths?
    Here's the same trap i use for the Apple trees, but this is for the house Moth.
    at the end of the page it shows the trap.
    http://www.margarets.com/insectdamagefashionablecare.html
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

Beautiful morning here in north London. Lots of sunshine. Hope everyone has a good weekend. :)
    Morning Eddy.:+)))))))))))))))))))))

It was nice and sunny here, cloud taken over.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I put a Codling Moth trap on the Apple Tree, it uses a Lure to get the male moths, it has could dozens.

I bet the cedar wardrobes work a treat. :D If you can afford to "just" have them fitted. Most of us make do with cedarwood balls or coat hangers.

In our house, the cedar wardrobes would be a fat lot of good unless we had cedar banisters, chairs , clothes horses, floors and all the other places people leave clothes too. :D

We went shopping in Birkenhead today and got drenched. The parking charges are a flaming nuisance. (everywhere, not just Birkenhead)
    Its no wonder people drive to Cheshire oaks and the Trafford centre where parking is free all day.
    Its killing off the shops.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello all :)whimpers an exhausted traumatised moots)
    How come? I thought you tidied up before your sister came? Is she helping? If so can she be my sister too?
    I only managed, between chest infections to tidy her room and the conservatory in the end. She is being an absolute star, moving all the moth infested stuff out of the room, which I then brutally de moth and de larva and de pupa.I am dumping the carcasses in th back garden in the hopes that my robins will like to eat them, so haven't been using much insecticide. We will move on to the box room/study after this. So much for her hiring a car so we can get out and see the sights(!).We have been slogging away for days and are nearly finished the dining room.
    I will drop a gentle hint about her extending her sisterly love to you!

I think the moths must have told all their friends about my carpet. maybe they are even charging for B&B.>:(
    I don't think I can claim as it is really all my fault from not tackling the problem sooner, because I absolutely hate killing anything.:(

:o:o:o

Thanks Hicky how fascinating! I think my moths are Tinea pellionella. I have had ample opportunity to study the life cycle of this moth in the course of my committing mass slaughter:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

I only managed, between chest infections to tidy her room and the conservatory in the end. She is being an absolute star, moving all the moth infested stuff out of the room, which I then brutally de moth and de larva and de pupa.I am dumping the carcasses in th back garden in the hopes that my robins will like to eat them, so haven't been using much insecticide. We will move on to the box room/study after this. So much for her hiring a car so we can get out and see the sights(!).We have been slogging away for days and are nearly finished the dining room.

I think the moths must have told all their friends about my carpet. maybe they are even charging for B&B.>:(
    I don't think I can claim as it is really all my fault from not tackling the problem sooner, because I absolutely hate killing anything.:(

Thanks Hicky how fascinating! I think my moths are Tinea pellionella. I have had ample opportunity to study the life cycle of this moth in the course of my committing mass slaughter:D

Yes, it is very hard to kill things. Moths are one of the worst because they will not be shooed out no matter what you do, and anyway, by the time you notice them half your carpet is gone.

At least the lousy weather seems to have made the flies go wherever it is that flies go when it is cold. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

Another beautiful sunny morning. Temps to rise to 26c today. That's lovely for the weekend, though I prefer it to be a little cooler for the working week. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone.:+))))))))))))))))

Sun and Cloud here today, 22C though, so i can be warm and wet.
    I bet the cedar wardrobes work a treat. :D If you can afford to "just" have them fitted. Most of us make do with cedarwood balls or coat hangers.

In our house, the cedar wardrobes would be a fat lot of good unless we had cedar banisters, chairs , clothes horses, floors and all the other places people leave clothes too. :D

We went shopping in Birkenhead today and got drenched. The parking charges are a flaming nuisance. (everywhere, not just Birkenhead)
    Its no wonder people drive to Cheshire oaks and the Trafford centre where parking is free all day.
    Its killing off the shops.
    Hi Honey, it's a balance whether to pay parking charges or pay the extra in fuel to go further afield where it's free.
    It probably works out the same.

No wonder the moths and all their relations moved in, they were advertising sections of carpet to be rented out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good evening.

Cilla Black - Step Inside Love.

I love this. RIP dear Cilla.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good evening.

Thats great thanks - RIP Cilla!

Random bit of trivia do you know what connects her to BB:confused:
    Nikki was on blind date once, way before BB7! Nikki mentioned this when tweeting an RIP today. She thought it was a secret lol So i tweeted her a link to a clip i uploaded to YT years ago, she called it a blast from the past and has tweeted it her self!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Went to an interesting pet show today, led by the satnav which got us lost several times! It was most enjoyable. For some reason there were loads of chihuahuas in evidence, so cuuuuute. There was one which looked just like Honey's Nobby.

Honey, my sister said of course she would be your sister, but unfortunately only in a non-helping out capacity :D

We recommence work of the dining room tomorrow before advancing on th computer room. After reading Hicky's fascinating article, I think I will have to just throw many things away!:o:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone.:+))))))))))))))))))))

19C here today, mostly cloud though with glimpses of the sun.
    Good evening.

Yes Eddy, Cilla was a lovely Lady RIP.
    Barracute wrote: »
    Thats great thanks - RIP Cilla!

Random bit of trivia do you know what connects her to BB:confused:
    Nikki was on blind date once, way before BB7! Nikki mentioned this when tweeting an RIP today. She thought it was a secret lol So i tweeted her a link to a clip i uploaded to YT years ago, she called it a blast from the past and has tweeted it her self!
    Didn't know that Barra, i did watch loads of blind dates though.

Went to an interesting pet show today, led by the satnav which got us lost several times! It was most enjoyable. For some reason there were loads of chihuahuas in evidence, so cuuuuute. There was one which looked just like Honey's Nobby.

Honey, my sister said of course she would be your sister, but unfortunately only in a non-helping out capacity :D

We recommence work of the dining room tomorrow before advancing on th computer room. After reading Hicky's fascinating article, I think I will have to just throw many things away!:o:(
    Hi Moots.:+))))))))))))))))))

They can be trying, especially if you don't know where you are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    'Celebrity Big Brother' 2015: 'UK vs. USA' Theme Confirmed Year, With British And American Contestants Going Head-To-Head

Channel 5 have confirmed that this year’s ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ will have a UK vs. USA theme, with famous contestants from both sides of the pond being pitted against each other in what has been dubbed “the ultimate ‘CBB’ battle”.

Following on from the most recent series of ‘CBB’, which saw Perez Hilton rowing with, well, essentially all his British housemates, it has now been officially announced that when the show returns to our screens this August, the house will have undergone a Transatlantic makeover, for a series which promises “an epic trial of tasks, challenges and twists”.

So far, the start date is yet to be confirmed, with this year’s official line-up also being kept under wraps, which will once again be fronted by Emma Willis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Celebrity Big Brother' 2015: 'UK vs. USA' Theme Confirmed Year, With British And American Contestants Going Head-To-Head

Channel 5 have confirmed that this year’s ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ will have a UK vs. USA theme, with famous contestants from both sides of the pond being pitted against each other in what has been dubbed “the ultimate ‘CBB’ battle”.

Following on from the most recent series of ‘CBB’, which saw Perez Hilton rowing with, well, essentially all his British housemates, it has now been officially announced that when the show returns to our screens this August, the house will have undergone a Transatlantic makeover, for a series which promises “an epic trial of tasks, challenges and twists”.

So far, the start date is yet to be confirmed, with this year’s official line-up also being kept under wraps, which will once again be fronted by Emma Willis.

Not sure about this, i just wish they would pick the best hms from where ever they come from, not just UK or USA. Don't want to see teams either, hms should be allowed to make there own alliances or enemies not allow them to be predecided by BB
  • Options
    Forum Member

Another will it won't it day here, it may rain, may get some sun, will get cloud, not ideal weather.
    Not sure about this, i just wish they would pick the best hms from where ever they come from, not just UK or USA. Don't want to see teams either, hms should be allowed to make there own alliances or enemies not allow them to be predecided by BB
    Hi Barra.:+)))))))))))))))))

I think it's getting harder to get Celebs to go in the house, it is a big risk for them as we know.
    I think they are chosen from the very few that agree, also you have to find those that can fins=d the time, many Celebs haven't got a spare 3 weeks or more to go in.
    Beggars can't be choosers so they are stuck with whoever they can get.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Another will it won't it day here, it may rain, may get some sun, will get cloud, not ideal weather.

Hi Barra.:+)))))))))))))))))

I think it's getting harder to get Celebs to go in the house, it is a big risk for them as we know.
    I think they are chosen from the very few that agree, also you have to find those that can fins=d the time, many Celebs haven't got a spare 3 weeks or more to go in.
    Beggars can't be choosers so they are stuck with whoever they can get.

I know what you mean and i do agree that it is probably getting harder but that still doesnt mean they have to do this daft UK v USA theme
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know what you mean and i do agree that it is probably getting harder but that still doesnt mean they have to do this daft UK v USA theme
    BB want to make sure we win, you do get some very good Celebs from the USA though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi guys:)
    nearly finished the dining room, yaay. My sister and I have been slaving away, occasionally passing each other doing the Superman flight technique with one hand stretched out the front and the other at the back, with hi5s in between and much mutual admiration on how well we are doing.:D

I hope all the moths I have slaughtered have now moved on to a better higher existence on their way to acieving nirvana...

Doing this room next. It is like a miracle, I feel I am getting My House back! Have thrown out masses of stuff which I shall probably need in the near future, as often happens..

Sun and Cloud here today, 22C though, so i can be warm and wet.

Hi Honey, it's a balance whether to pay parking charges or pay the extra in fuel to go further afield where it's free.
    It probably works out the same.

No wonder the moths and all their relations moved in, they were advertising sections of carpet to be rented out.
    :D:D:D
    also not sure about this....:(
  • Options
    Forum Member

A lovely cloudy, rainy day here 20C though.