Options

The Soham Murders

Comments

• Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    Yes his favorite film was the old deer hunter..

Not Sleepy Booty?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bri160356 wrote: »
    I think you’ve picked up the wrong end of the stick there, zx50. :confused:

I don’t believe any rational person would say that Maxine Carr’s specific role (for which she was convicted) could ever be called one of the most heinous crimes in living memory.

That particular phrase (with regard to my posts anyway) appertains solely to Huntley.

No, I was agreeing with that poster. It probably does look that way though.
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    What she knew and the ridiculous idea that she stopped lying after his guilt was clear. It seems obvious to me

I think you can stop right there. Anything else is superfluous.
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maxine Carr was duped by Huntley. She loved him and had no idea what sort of monster he was. She made the mistake of lying for him - as soon as it was apparent he had murdered those girls she co operated fully with the Police.

The newspapers have done a wonderful job in demonising her. She was several hundred miles away when the murders took place.

She has paid a dreadful price for believing and lying for the man she loved.

She lied, knowingly, to the police, providing him with a false alibi. She must have questioned the reason he asked her to lie for him, and she was aware of the murders of Holly and Jessica. Alarm bells must have started ringing. There is absolutely NO excuse for what she did. She could have been in another country, when Huntley murdered the girls; it is irrelevant. The media did not need to "demonise" her; she did that herself, by her actions. She is now living a 'normal', happy life; two families have lost their innocent daughters and, for them, life will never be the same again. The only ones to have "paid a dreadful price", are the parents of both Holly Wells, and Jessica Chapman. Carr deserved a much longer sentence.
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    No doubt she knew exactly what she was doing . She tried to cover up what he had done as a innocent person does not need to get you to make up a alibi for them . She was lucky that she looked a mess and stupid and that helped her case .
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    asyousay wrote: »
    No doubt she knew exactly what she was doing . She tried to cover up what he had done as a innocent person does not need to get you to make up a alibi for them . She was lucky that she looked a mess and stupid and that helped her case .

She really wasn't the sharpest tool in t he box. She loved Huntley - she knew he had been in 'trouble' in the past but believed that the Police had it all wrong.

He admitted to seeing the girls that afternoon - he probably convinced her that if the Police tested the house he'd be fitted up.

When you love someone you'd never believe that they'd be capable of something so horrific. He was a controlling man.

There are hundreds of women (and men) out there who love their partners unconditionally and would simply never ever believe what dreadful things they could be capable of. We see it all the time.

I don't find anything strange in her actions at all. Hindsight is wonderful.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maxine did more than lie, she also scrubbed that house from top to bottom to try and rid it of any evidence.
    Exactly. Hardly the actions of someone who thinks their boyfriend is innocent.
  • Options
    MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She really wasn't the sharpest tool in t he box. She loved Huntley - she knew he had been in 'trouble' in the past but believed that the Police had it all wrong.

He admitted to seeing the girls that afternoon - he probably convinced her that if the Police tested the house he'd be fitted up.

When you love someone you'd never believe that they'd be capable of something so horrific. He was a controlling man.

There are hundreds of women (and men) out there who love their partners unconditionally and would simply never ever believe what dreadful things they could be capable of. We see it all the time.

I don't find anything strange in her actions at all. Hindsight is wonderful.

Really? :o She wasn't that stupid. Yes love does blind us, but surely once she realised he was lying and then proceeded to help him cover up the crime she became fair game as far as I am concerned and I repeat from my post earlier, no sympathy. What she did was evil and all the excuses about "being blinded by love" won't change her actions once she knew something was wrong. If my partner asked me to help clean the house and get rid of possible evidence after two innocent girls were murdered I certainly wouldn't have got the bleach out, but she did. I really don't understand why anyone would be making excuses for such a woman or say she deserves any kind of respect or sympathy now.

I reserve that for the parents and families of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She loved Huntley - she knew he had been in 'trouble' in the past but believed that the Police had it all wrong..
    someone loves everyone. That isn't an excuse to cover for a serial rapist or murderer.

What she did was wrong. Not as wrong as rape or murder but she deserved her sentence and people are right to be wary of her. Not to do any vigilant rubbish, but to acknowledge that she is an immoral piece of trash who can't be trusted to do the decent thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    someone loves everyone. That isn't an excuse to cover for a serial rapist or murderer.

What she did was wrong. Not as wrong as rape or murder but she deserved her sentence and people are right to be wary of her. Not to do any vigilant rubbish, but to acknowledge that she is an immoral piece of trash who can't be trusted to do the decent thing.

yes! I am not for one min suggesting vigilante type actions but all this justifying and excuses for her is quite sickening to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    Really? :o She wasn't that stupid. Yes love does blind us, but surely once she realised he was lying and then proceeded to help him cover up the crime she became fair game as far as I am concerned and I repeat from my post earlier, no sympathy. What she did was evil and all the excuses about "being blinded by love" won't change her actions once she knew something was wrong. If my partner asked me to help clean the house and get rid of possible evidence after two innocent girls were murdered I certainly wouldn't have got the bleach out, but she did. I really don't understand why anyone would be making excuses for such a woman or say she deserves any kind of respect or sympathy now.

Maxine Carr does not deserve to be attacked at every opportunity by idiotic morons that want 'a pat on the back' from their community. Yes, she shouldn't have lied and whatever else, but she wasn't the one who killed them. Mary Bell killed kids and yet she's probably living without any fear of being attacked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes! I am not for one min suggesting vigilante type actions but all this justifying and excuses for her is quite sickening to be honest.

Who's justifying what she did? Who's making excuses for her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Maxine Carr does not deserve to be attacked at every opportunity by idiotic morons that want 'a pat on the back' from their community. Yes, she shouldn't have lied and whatever else, but she wasn't the one who killed them. Mary Bell killed kids and yet she's probably living without any fear of being attacked.

Where have I suggested she be attacked? and I think the community have every right to voice their concerns within reason within their community of she is living amongst them and their children. She aided a man in concealing the murder of two innocent children. She didn't just lie either, she was active in her role of misleading the police and concealing evidence. People aren't morons for stating that, no she shouldn't be attacked but she is far from the innocent "blinded by love" you and others are attempting to dress her up as.
    Who's justifying what she did? Who's making excuses for her?
    You've just insinuated that I agreed she should be attacked, when I didn't so don't moan yourself thanks and harping on about her being blinded by love is making excuses so if you've done that then yes you have.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member

Of course you wouldn't but it didn't happen like that did it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In your opinion I guess not. But in mine it did, just like that. Who else cleaned the bathroom after he'd finished attacking and drowning them? what can he possibly have said to excuse it "oh slipped in the bath love". OK :o I think I'll make this my last post for now, I need to finish doing some work and really this thread is just winding me up and I might end up banned so best I remove myself and calm down a little but I'm sure I'll return to it later.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've just insinuated that I agreed she should be attacked, when I didn't so don't moan yourself thanks and harping on about her being blinded by love is making excuses so if you've done that then yes you have.

That's not answering the question I asked. I've, as far as I can remember, haven't harped on about her being blinded by love, that would be other posters.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever people may think they know about MC's involvement in the crime, she was sentenced by a judge who was in possession of facts, attested to by witnesses under peril of perjury. Not wild, unsupported theories or misstatement of facts in newspapers.

She's now paid the, so far as we can tell, appropriate punishment for her crime, and should be left in peace.
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member

She was covering for who she thought was an innocent man wrongly accused. When his culpability became apparent she co-operated fully with the police.

By the way, Huntly is not a serial anything.
    In your opinion I guess not.
    :)

It is nobody's "opinion".
  • Options
    Paul_PPaul_P Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »

Christ, my missus scrubs the house from top to bottom twice a week, I must be a sleepwalking serial killer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Whatever people may think they know about MC's involvement in the crime, she was sentenced by a judge who was in possession of facts, attested to by witnesses under peril of perjury. Not wild, unsupported theories or misstatement of facts in newspapers.

She's now paid the, so far as we can tell, appropriate punishment for her crime, and should be left in peace.

But the legal system is often wrong . So people are free to make up there own minds :)
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    But the legal system is often wrong . So people are free to make up there own minds :)

Or spread baseless gossip, as it's known.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maxine Carr does not deserve to be attacked at every opportunity by idiotic morons that want 'a pat on the back' from their community.

As far as I know she has never actually been attacked by anyone excepts he usual internet warriors and they are allowed their opinions and can't actually attack her because they don't know where or who she is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DianaFire wrote: »
    Or spread baseless gossip, as it's known.

Well we do know she helped lie for a person who killed two young girls .
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »

However those are the actions of someone who regularly cleaned daily and was somewhat OCD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pretty much, and she knew he had previously been accused of both raise and sex with minors. In fact his last girlfriend had left him because of the accusations. Maxine Carr decided to stay, alibi him and scrub up his "mess"